I almost committed suicide
By Mad@mygalant on
1994 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan
When I first got this car, I had to wait 1 month for it because it was getting the TRANSMISSION replaced, it had 47,000 miles on it then. Last week after 3 months - $3,023 and 6 transmissions later all within the same 3 months I finally gave up on it.... now I face only getting $750 back for my rebuilt transmission and my car will be left without a transmission practically not worth anything. configuration(1994), My car has had a total of 10 transmissions in the 6 years i've had it.
Favorite Features
The interior is comfortable, and the ac was very cold, but too bad I could never feel sure if my transmission would give or not.
Suggested Improvements
OBVIOUSLY, THEY SHOUD COMPENSATE THOSE AFFECTED BY THEIR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS And to those buying it's worth paying for a lifetime warranty on your transmission
By user01
on 07/01/12 12:26 PM (PDT)

Besides that, If it took a month to get the trans replaced, that should have been a sign to go to a different place for the trans.

By user01
on 07/01/12 12:26 PM (PDT)

By user01
on 07/01/12 12:23 PM (PDT)

This means that whomever is doing your transmission work is screwing you over. If they did it right you would not have had 6 in 3 months. The trans is it's own entity. If it's not fixed right or if you replace it with a pos trans you will have more problems. You can't blame the car for that. You got screwed by the mechanics. Not the fault of the company. Once it's fixed or replaced once, it's no longer the fault of of the manufacturer but the mechanics.