1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Not So Bad After 13 Years
By philsie on 10/25/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Galant GS (manual) new in Jan. '94. It has had no ultra-major issues over the years, just the tie-rods problematic were and it need frequent alignments (and tires). I replaced the timing belt and a few weeks later the water pump died (always get them replaced at same time). I had a valve break off a piece; which cost about $2,000 to replace. I now have about 155,000 miles on it and I'm getting around 27 mpg in city driving. The power is missing from the good ole days but my milage has improved. It burns a little oil but otherwise I expect I could run it up to 200,000 miles. I have the original transmission (but it's a manual and even after grinding numerous gears over 13 years it still shifts fine - though sometimes first is a little sticky to get into).

Would hate to part with it
By james gary on 03/25/06 16:19 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the Galant LS model new in '94. It's been a really nice machine to drive. It gets great gas mileage and has good handling. I have made several long trips with the Galant and its very comfortable and reliable. The only problems have been with the window motors and lately starting problems. Even though it now is a little rough looking due to lack of care and several teenage drivers, I would still hate to part with it.

1994 Mitsubishi Galant
By vision-car aflame on 07/22/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Within the first year I replaced: starter, alternator, transmission, belts. In the recent year, I've replaced the radiator, water pump, 3 alt./pwr. string belt, battery, distributor cap, etc. I've had doors lock/unlock by themselves, and motors on windows go bad. This car stinks.

BOUGHT USED
By geek squad on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend. Garage kept, routine maintenance, had 100k when purchased. Rode great for the first year I had it. Then I experienced electrical problems--power windows' motor breaking (wasn't able to roll them up,happened in december,great timing!!!),power locks had a mind of their own (got locked out several times).recently (133K) had big problems,water pump needed to be replaced along with heater core. heater core part only existed in JAPAN!!! and costs $700. so i warn you about certain foreign cars...they could cost you big bucks to fix.

worst vehicle ever owned
By sicko on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

used its-a-piecey galant 8000 break down and new water pump in another state 1500 break down and new water pump in my state 1600 wheel bearings gone plus other stuff to get it going again 500 trading it in within a year of ownership and having to tack 8000 onto a new car loan .... priceless

8 Yrs & Still Going Strong
By gone4seconds on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Overall has been a great car and I've more than gotten my moneys worth with over 8 years of continued use. Only major mechanical problem was replacing a transmission at 110k miles which was a bummer because I am rigorous about regular maintenance and checking and changing fluids but other than that the car has been rock solid reliable. I had some minor electrical problems with the car during the first year but everything was repaired under warranty. I’ve thought about “upgrading” the last couple of years but can’t bring myself to spend $25k to buy a comparable vehicle when this car offers similar features and comfort and is still going strong.

94 Mitsubisihi Galant LS
By jason tyler on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The mitsubishi galant is an excellent car. I've only had the great things from the vehicle during my ownership.

I almost committed suicide
By Mad@mygalant on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

When I first got this car, I had to wait 1 month for it because it was getting the TRANSMISSION replaced, it had 47,000 miles on it then. Last week after 3 months - $3,023 and 6 transmissions later all within the same 3 months I finally gave up on it.... now I face only getting $750 back for my rebuilt transmission and my car will be left without a transmission practically not worth anything. configuration(1994), My car has had a total of 10 transmissions in the 6 years i've had it.

'94 MITSUBICHI, LS W/SUNROOF, V. CLEAN
By sgk on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

GARAGE KEPT, VERY CLEAN IN AND OUT. NEW TIRES. SERVICED PER CAR MAKER SUGGESTED SCHEDULE. hAS ELECTRIC SUNROOF, ANIT THEFT AND AUTO ENTRY

Great handling and excellent reliability
By matsuda on 10/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Engine has great torque (155 ft-lb) for a 4 pot & still gets good mileage (24 cty/ 28 hwy w/ auto.) Front coil-over shocks and fully ind. setup is great! – pre 94.5’s have a lower arm recall though. Also the rear arm upper bushings fall apart at 100k miles – 94.5 upgraded. Also killed the rear wheel bearings @ 120k miles. Front inner/outer tie rods replaced @ 100k - Trade-off longevity for handling. Change the balance shaft (small) belt when the timing belt is replaced even if not specified! Engine runs strong at 130k miles with no smoke or leaks. Super reliable. Great value only dampened by the shifty automatic, which also drops your mileage.