Used 1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Not So Bad After 13 Years
By philsie

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Galant GS (manual) new in Jan. '94. It has had no ultra-major issues over the years, just the tie-rods problematic were and it need frequent alignments (and tires). I replaced the timing belt and a few weeks later the water pump died (always get them replaced at same time). I had a valve break off a piece; which cost about $2,000 to replace. I now have about 155,000 miles on it and I'm getting around 27 mpg in city driving. The power is missing from the good ole days but my milage has improved. It burns a little oil but otherwise I expect I could run it up to 200,000 miles. I have the original transmission (but it's a manual and even after grinding numerous gears over 13 years it still shifts fine - though sometimes first is a little sticky to get into).

The interior has held up very well for 13 years. The exterior still shines with no visible rusting.

The front end could hold up better. The trunk could be roomier, but I guess the newer ones are.

Would hate to part with it
By james gary

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Bought the Galant LS model new in '94. It's been a really nice machine to drive. It gets great gas mileage and has good handling. I have made several long trips with the Galant and its very comfortable and reliable. The only problems have been with the window motors and lately starting problems. Even though it now is a little rough looking due to lack of care and several teenage drivers, I would still hate to part with it.

The motor, it has lots of low end power and good gas milage.

The arm rest is too low.

1994 Mitsubishi Galant
By vision-car aflame

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Within the first year I replaced: starter, alternator, transmission, belts. In the recent year, I've replaced the radiator, water pump, 3 alt./pwr. string belt, battery, distributor cap, etc. I've had doors lock/unlock by themselves, and motors on windows go bad. This car stinks.

Interior still looks great.

Improve the reliability.

BOUGHT USED
By geek squad

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought used from a friend. Garage kept, routine maintenance, had 100k when purchased. Rode great for the first year I had it. Then I experienced electrical problems--power windows' motor breaking (wasn't able to roll them up,happened in december,great timing!!!),power locks had a mind of their own (got locked out several times).recently (133K) had big problems,water pump needed to be replaced along with heater core. heater core part only existed in JAPAN!!! and costs $700. so i warn you about certain foreign cars...they could cost you big bucks to fix.

Surprisingly powerful for a 4 cyclinder. Performed excellently on highways.

i also didn't like where the air filter was located. very difficult to replace!

worst vehicle ever owned
By sicko

1994 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

used its-a-piecey galant 8000 break down and new water pump in another state 1500 break down and new water pump in my state 1600 wheel bearings gone plus other stuff to get it going again 500 trading it in within a year of ownership and having to tack 8000 onto a new car loan .... priceless

it had an alpine deck that I kept.

5 gallon can of gas, zippo lighter