Used 1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

good for 278K
By good for 275K

1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

After 275K it's time to trade up to next gen. Galant. Has been reliable over long trips. Faithful oil changing has been about the only maintenance done. Tranny replaced only once!

My big dog loves the back seat, and we love how we can get all the camping gear for weekend into the trunk!

Satisfied customer
By satisfied customer

1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I looked at this car for three years before I bought one in 1991. I had owned a Colt. I have had the transmission rebuilt at about 170,000 miles, and the vehicle will turn 290,000 miles next week. My only other costs have been routine. The radio and tape player still work. The air conditioner is still great with regular maintenance. I may drive to the dealership when I hit 300,000 just to treat the salesman.

Appalling Acceleration, bad fuel mileage
By Martin

1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

A solid, well built car which is comfortable. The LS with automatic transmission is has terrible acceleration. For reasons only known to Mitsubishi they have an overdrive switch and a power/economy switch. Possibly the overdrive is good on freeway driving but mileage is below 18 mpg in town whatever mode used. Do not buy an automatic! Otherwise car is good at handling, easy to drive, lot of room and comportable. Why they bother with fuel injection I do not know.

Good layout, built very well, good handling, great sound system

Improved acceleration, improved gas mileage, better gear box

Second Time Around
By Jim Nichols

1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant from a one-owner lady with 163,000 miles on it, in 2/2002. It came with a shoe-box full of every receipt ever written on maintenance came with the car. We've driven it another 48,000 miles in three years. It is a super car. We have been coast-to-coast several times. It handles Montana winters like it's still in Florida. It gives me 30/33 mpg, and cruises at 80 MPH. After 211,000 miles, it uses a quart of oil every 1,500 miles, Mobil 1. I may keep it forever.

It is solid, quiet, has a great heater, and drives like a much larger car. I never get tired, even after maybe 800 miles in a day's run. It's a road- warrior.

Have a place for a full-size coffee mug to ride. And, I HATE the automatic, overdoor, on-track seat belts, that rip off my glasses,and spill my coffee.

1991 Galant
By SU

1991 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Galant is still running with 160000
miles on it. In 13 years, besides
regular maintenance, I have spent
around $2000 in repair cost. Excellent
vehicle. I said I would purchase
another Galant once this one dies, but
it's still running!

Gas mileage, comfort, fun to drive.