Used 1991 Mitsubishi Galant GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

good for 278K
By good for 275K

1991 Mitsubishi Galant GS 4dr Sedan

After 275K it's time to trade up to next gen. Galant. Has been reliable over long trips. Faithful oil changing has been about the only maintenance done. Tranny replaced only once!

My big dog loves the back seat, and we love how we can get all the camping gear for weekend into the trunk!

Second Time Around
By Jim Nichols

1991 Mitsubishi Galant GS 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1991 Mitsubishi Galant from a one-owner lady with 163,000 miles on it, in 2/2002. It came with a shoe-box full of every receipt ever written on maintenance came with the car. We've driven it another 48,000 miles in three years. It is a super car. We have been coast-to-coast several times. It handles Montana winters like it's still in Florida. It gives me 30/33 mpg, and cruises at 80 MPH. After 211,000 miles, it uses a quart of oil every 1,500 miles, Mobil 1. I may keep it forever.

It is solid, quiet, has a great heater, and drives like a much larger car. I never get tired, even after maybe 800 miles in a day's run. It's a road- warrior.

Have a place for a full-size coffee mug to ride. And, I HATE the automatic, overdoor, on-track seat belts, that rip off my glasses,and spill my coffee.