1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Fantastic, Fun Car!
By momof3 on 03/04/09 13:08 PM (PST)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

We bought our Galant almost new from a dealing in TX. This was the greatest car I have ever owned! It was sporty, handled great, very comfortable. This car was reliable and took us on trips across the country a couple of times. Never had a problem with it. Had a friend who owned an $85,000 sports car ride in it and she kept saying How much did you pay for this? It's a great car, very luxurious. ....Unfortunately we traded it in for a minivan, wish we hadn't.

Superlative!
By Raspeck on 10/29/07 18:40 PM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car because I had fallen on hard times and had to sell my Forerunner and 300SD Benz. Turned out to be the best automobile purchase I have ever made!. Car drives like a dream and is exceptionally comfortable. In terms of reliability, it is without peer. All that is required is the usual oil change. A/C is still extremely cold. I'm planning on getting a bimmer soon but, out of sheer respect, I'll be keeping this little gem until it can no longer run.

1st and Probably Best Car I'll Ever Own
By John on 06/21/05 23:02 PM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a senior in high school. It was already 9 yrs old. I thought at best it would last me a few yrs, not even through college. Boy was I wrong. It has lasted me 6 yrs, and is still kicking! It has given me no problems whatsoever, except for some expected wear and tear. It handles great. It is surprisingly roomy, especially the back seat. At high speeds it rides smoothly, and has low road noise. The power button gives me the extra boost when I need it. The AC works great, I have never had to fix it. The acceleration is not that great but once it goes it really goes! I'm reluctantly getting a new car now though. It's been a long time coming. I'll miss you.

Best car I ever owned
By Parasyonok on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned 14 cars over a period of 24 years and this is far and away the best. It is very intelligently designed and has given me no major problems. 160,000 miles and still running with only typical maintenance so far. It's smooth and quiet compared to most other cars of its class- feels like you're going slower than you actually are. Feels really good driving it- can't really explain. Comfortable to drive. Maybe I just got a particularly good one, but looking at the ratings, I'm guessing they're all this good. If you find a used one in good shape, don't pass it up! I honestly love this car.

Best Car I've ever owned !
By Buy It ! on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I Bought this car in March of 02'. I just Sold it on Jan 6, 2003. The most reliable, Dependable, Car I've ever owned. I bought her with 170k miles and she purred till I sold her at 192k. Even at that kinda mileage I never replaced more than the Oil and a battery! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone with a couple thousand dollars.

sweeeeeet!!!!!
By Chad6000 on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This car rules! I have had no major problems. Mine has 163k on it and it is still going strong. I regularly get 28 mpg. I recommend this beast to everyone. It has massive amounts of power delivered through a sweet 5 speed tranny. I have had no engine trouble, (even with my inability to keep it under 125!)

good car
By dogstenger on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan 4dr Sedan

excellent car. very reliable. no major problems after 150,000. A/C pumps out more cold air than any other vehile I have ever owned.

best car ever
By bora on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

this by far is the best car ever made! i've had my share of cars (5) in the span of about 3 years and my galant was perfect. well built, very comfortable, very reliable and can i say zoom! zoom! zoom! too bad the tranny went in the end and i had to junk it. perfect handling on s turns and absolutely no problems with the motor after my inability to keep the car under 110 mph on the highway.

Wish Mitsubish still made them this well
By GREGM on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan 4dr Sedan

My 90 Galant was the best, most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Finally got a new Olds Intrigue because I got bored driving the same car for so long. Kept it for 125,000 miles. Just minor repairs near the end. Except the A/C did give out at 10 years. Lasted longer than other, newer cars in the family. The new Mitsubish Galant does not seem to be up to the same standard.

Great driver's car
By Greg R on 03/02/02 19:03 PM (PST)

1990 Mitsubishi Galant Sedan 4dr Sedan

I am parting company with my Galant (getting a new car) but should pay proper tribute here by saying it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. If Mitsubishi still made a snappy 5-speed that handles the way my '90 did I'd buy it.