Used 1990 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

1990 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Most Helpful|
Great driver's car
By Greg R

1990 Mitsubishi Galant 4dr Sedan

I am parting company with my Galant (getting a new car) but should pay proper tribute here by saying it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. If Mitsubishi still made a snappy 5-speed that handles the way my '90 did I'd buy it.

Favorite Features

Body style; five-speed transmission; powerful A/C

Suggested Improvements

Seats that put the driver a little higher off the floor. I don't have height adjustment.

Wish Mitsubish still made them this well
By GREGM

1990 Mitsubishi Galant 4dr Sedan

My 90 Galant was the best, most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Finally got a new Olds Intrigue because I got bored driving the same car for so long. Kept it for 125,000 miles. Just minor repairs near the end. Except the A/C did give out at 10 years. Lasted longer than other, newer cars in the family. The new Mitsubish Galant does not seem to be up to the same standard.

Favorite Features

5 speed trans, fuel economy, quiet, visibility

Suggested Improvements

Make the new ones as well. New Galants look very cheap.

good car
By dogstenger

1990 Mitsubishi Galant 4dr Sedan

excellent car. very reliable. no major problems after 150,000. A/C pumps out more cold air than any other vehile I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

very reliable

Suggested Improvements

starting to burn oil, need to add a quart @ every 1000 miles

Best car I ever owned
By Parasyonok

1990 Mitsubishi Galant 4dr Sedan

I've owned 14 cars over a period of 24 years and this is far and away the best. It is very intelligently designed and has given me no major problems. 160,000 miles and still running with only typical maintenance so far. It's smooth and quiet compared to most other cars of its class- feels like you're going slower than you actually are. Feels really good driving it- can't really explain. Comfortable to drive. Maybe I just got a particularly good one, but looking at the ratings, I'm guessing they're all this good. If you find a used one in good shape, don't pass it up! I honestly love this car.

Favorite Features

Intelligent design (e.g., easily removed rear seat for more space, good console controls, comfortable seats, big trunk, good size gas tank, etc. Very reliable- keeps on going and going. My engine should be worn out, but it still keeps going. Mileage about 28 mpg average.

Suggested Improvements

None. Should have kept the same design over the years. My dad has a later model and it's not as good.

Fantastic, Fun Car!
By momof3

1990 Mitsubishi Galant LS 4dr Sedan

We bought our Galant almost new from a dealing in TX. This was the greatest car I have ever owned! It was sporty, handled great, very comfortable. This car was reliable and took us on trips across the country a couple of times. Never had a problem with it. Had a friend who owned an $85,000 sports car ride in it and she kept saying How much did you pay for this? It's a great car, very luxurious. ....Unfortunately we traded it in for a minivan, wish we hadn't.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, Handles Great (My husband loved the "Turbo" button!) Stylish in and out

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely NONE!