Used 1990 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Fantastic, Fun Car!
By momof3

1990 Mitsubishi Galant LS 4dr Sedan

We bought our Galant almost new from a dealing in TX. This was the greatest car I have ever owned! It was sporty, handled great, very comfortable. This car was reliable and took us on trips across the country a couple of times. Never had a problem with it. Had a friend who owned an $85,000 sports car ride in it and she kept saying How much did you pay for this? It's a great car, very luxurious. ....Unfortunately we traded it in for a minivan, wish we hadn't.

Fun to drive, Handles Great (My husband loved the "Turbo" button!) Stylish in and out

Absolutely NONE!

Superlative!
By Raspeck

1990 Mitsubishi Galant GS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car because I had fallen on hard times and had to sell my Forerunner and 300SD Benz. Turned out to be the best automobile purchase I have ever made!. Car drives like a dream and is exceptionally comfortable. In terms of reliability, it is without peer. All that is required is the usual oil change. A/C is still extremely cold. I'm planning on getting a bimmer soon but, out of sheer respect, I'll be keeping this little gem until it can no longer run.

Drivability, A/C, seats, steering, suspension, etc.

In all honesty, I can think of nothing. If only Mitsubishi still made cars like these.

1st and Probably Best Car I'll Ever Own
By John

1990 Mitsubishi Galant 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a senior in high school. It was already 9 yrs old. I thought at best it would last me a few yrs, not even through college. Boy was I wrong. It has lasted me 6 yrs, and is still kicking! It has given me no problems whatsoever, except for some expected wear and tear. It handles great. It is surprisingly roomy, especially the back seat. At high speeds it rides smoothly, and has low road noise. The power button gives me the extra boost when I need it. The AC works great, I have never had to fix it. The acceleration is not that great but once it goes it really goes! I'm reluctantly getting a new car now though. It's been a long time coming. I'll miss you.

The smooth ride and good handling, even at high speeds. Its endurance and grit-it's taken me through thick and thin! Great AC and very long-lasting brakes! As my father said, "it's like a tank."

Nothing, except maybe the fuel efficiency.

Best car I ever owned
By Parasyonok

1990 Mitsubishi Galant 4dr Sedan

I've owned 14 cars over a period of 24 years and this is far and away the best. It is very intelligently designed and has given me no major problems. 160,000 miles and still running with only typical maintenance so far. It's smooth and quiet compared to most other cars of its class- feels like you're going slower than you actually are. Feels really good driving it- can't really explain. Comfortable to drive. Maybe I just got a particularly good one, but looking at the ratings, I'm guessing they're all this good. If you find a used one in good shape, don't pass it up! I honestly love this car.

Intelligent design (e.g., easily removed rear seat for more space, good console controls, comfortable seats, big trunk, good size gas tank, etc. Very reliable- keeps on going and going. My engine should be worn out, but it still keeps going. Mileage about 28 mpg average.

None. Should have kept the same design over the years. My dad has a later model and it's not as good.

Best Car I've ever owned !
By Buy It !

1990 Mitsubishi Galant LS 4dr Sedan

I Bought this car in March of 02'. I just Sold it on Jan 6, 2003. The most reliable, Dependable, Car I've ever owned. I bought her with 170k miles and she purred till I sold her at 192k. Even at that kinda mileage I never replaced more than the Oil and a battery! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone with a couple thousand dollars.

Sunroof,power everything, awsome stock stereo - even at 13 yrs old! Very stylish and ahead of it's time. No matter if you're a single mother looking for a dependable car or a student looking for a cheap ride, this is the car for you.

My suggestion for you - Forget a new Galant, Buy a 90' and laugh in the dealers face.