Used 1995 Mitsubishi Expo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi Expo - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mitsubishi Expo

View reviews for a specific Expo model:

Best car ever purchased in my life
By 1995 mitsubishi expo

1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback 4WD

well, i cannot not say enough about this car, i still have it and will keep it until i can no longer buy parts for it , it is like new no one can believe its a 1995 model. everything on it is like new. when every one else is worried about buying gas i am not. i used to fill up for 13.00 dollars but now it cost me 22.00 and i can drive for 2 weeks . i would have liked my windows to have been factory tint. i also have a 2005 pt cruiser just bought it because it also is a 4 cylinder and good on gas. it is a expensive cruiser black rag top and it only has 12,000 miles on it. the person never drove it. its a 26,000 dollar car. i only paid 10,000 i would buy another mitsubishi expo again. thanks

Favorite Features

lots of room,good on gas,easy to clean,low and wide wheelbase good traction in snow, car can go throug any kind of weather. hugs road, tires cost less, easy to repair, cheap on gas, 3 rows of seats.large hatch back, everything, just like it.

Suggested Improvements

seats need to be more comfortable, i thing they are a little hard. needs bigger ac blower, for front and back, i live in Texas and its hot,hot here and the ac will not reach the back seats real fast in the summer. need factory tinted windows darker. defrost system needs to be improved .

1995 Mitsubishi Expo - Owned 9 years
By lynn

1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

With regular maintenance through the years, this car has given great performance. There is nothing in the new car market that is the equivalent for size, gas mileage and multi-use design. The radio is the worst feature. It is beginning to be difficult to have repairs done as I am often told parts can only be obtained through the dealer and these are generally fairly expensive. I believe this car has many more drivable miles left in it and is worth a great deal more than the value given on this web site. I have replaced the transmission once at 122,000 miles. Traveling on long trips in this car has been a pleasure. It has substituted for a small truck many times.

Favorite Features

Multiple types of usage provided by the fold down seats and number of seats, good highway gas mileage, storage options, roof rack, and dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Install a better radio.

BUILD MORE PLEASE
By Pitxitxita

1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

I love this car - as it gets older, I am looking for a replacement. So far there is nothing like it on the market. I guess I have no choice but keep this one alive as long as possible and pray someone from the factory see this someday. I want - Cargo room, Gas mileage (20/29 for me) and fun to drive - this one has it all!

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity that is AMAZING: full sized recliner, 6ft oak buffet, twin size captain's bed, and camping gear for 2 for a week plus 80# shepard!

Suggested Improvements

Quirky car - mechanic must be familiar with the car, or you could end up with costly mistakes. I gave up and take it to dealer for servicing now. Example - you have to check tranny fluid different to get accurate reading.

the best little car there is
By tigger2

1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

I was in an accident and it surprised me with how well it held up. I think that it is the cutest car on the road. I'm not going to trade it in for another car. It has a lot of cargo room and with the roof rack you can take a lot of stuff with you when you go on road trips which i do frequently.

Favorite Features

The shape of the body and the interior styling.

A great car for anyone!
By revk77

1995 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

My Expo has been an excellent vehicle to drive in the city or on the highway. It has a peppy engine, nice interior features and comfort. The dislikes have been locating parts for the Expo and the higher cost of the parts than domestic car parts. It still runs very well and meets our family's needs. I did have to replace the transmission last year. I am now replacing shocks, struts, and the catalytic convertor. With 167,000 miles, I anticipate that I will continue to drive this vehicle for several more years.