1994 Mitsubishi Expo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expo model:
Good bang for the buck
By Tony on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 2.4 2dr Hatchback

Bought it used and the previous owner did not take care of it. It already has a new transmission and starter and it needs a new engine but don't have the money for it. It is very dependable as the car itself has over 200,000 miles on it. I think it would be a great starter car

Long Live the Expo!
By Steelslinger74 on 04/18/10 12:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 2.4 2dr Hatchback

Bottom Line, my 94 Expo Lrv has 230,000 miles on it, and a cylinder leak down test showed that the motor still has 90% compression. Sixteen years, 230K no worries. Mitsubishi has won me over, and because of this used 94 Expo, I will ALWAYS have a Mitsubishi in my garage!

The Avocado
By Kristen on 06/24/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 1.8 2dr Hatchback

My favorite car EVER. Hands Down. And mine's in that funky, tree-frog-with-a- hint-of-nausea-green. It is excellent. I plan to take it to college with me next year, as it is a fun, low maintenance car.

takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'
By jim on 05/27/08 06:50 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

This car has been very reliable and versatile - cargo room with seats folded down is amazing. Mileage is still 19/27 even after 172,000 miles. Engine is still running strong. The car has needed normal maintenance (fluids, brakes, tires, tune-ups, front struts, axles, catalytic converter). Unusual repairs were a bad distributor and a leak in the gas tank. Transmission still shifts smoothly. Car does seem to go through brakes, and the rotors tend to warp. The Expo handles well, is very easy to park, and the 4 cylinder engine is adequate, straining only when fully loaded and going uphill with the AC on. This has been a great car for a large family with small kids. Still a daily driver.

Loved this car
By barron on 05/25/06 09:12 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

I've loved my Expo for its flexibility - 7 seats, or large capacity. Its seats folded flat both forward and back. Plus it was fun to drive.

love it
By walter on 04/12/05 20:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

My 1994 Mitsubishi Expo is the car we always take when antiquing, vacationing or anything else. it is the car of choice when driving with friends. The backseat is comfortable for average size women. The driver's seat sits high and straight backed for a short driver. The only part I've replaced besides regular maintenance is the motor for the interior heater at 173,000 miles. i predict the Expo will have a fan club following as did the orig. VW Beetle.

I miss my Expo!
By 2fords+ on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

I recently sold my beloved 1994 Expo to my younger brother and I regret my decision. I loved that car. I have a Ford Windstar right now and it is simply too big for me. I loved the seven seats and small size of my Expo. I didn't do any repairs other than maintainence to it the five years I had it. Awesome vehicle. Does anyone have one for sale? I want another one or a new one just like it!

Dependable Mitsubishi Expo
By JGluba on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

The Expo has proven itself as a very fun, dependable, and useful. Whether your after groceries or going on a vacation, the Expo really has something for you. The luggage rack and tie downs are great for hauling extra luggage, lumber, or the family canoe. The engine and transmission are very reliable. Under the hood sits a peppy 4 cylinder 2.4 liter engine, with enough power to get the job done, while not guzzling gas. The Expo is classified as a sport wagon, but really has many characteristics of a mini-van, without the price tag, and with better gas mileage. If your looking for a dependable and versatile used vehicle, then the Expo is your style!

1994 Expo Review
By bollida on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo 4dr Hatchback

As our family grew we were in the market for an economical, reliable car that was smaller and more efficient than the run of the mill mini-van. Our 94 expo fit the bill perfectly. With the 2.6l, 4cyl and 5-speed, we got a 27 mpg car that fit in our garage with room to spare. Almost 9 yrs later with no repairs other than brakes, batteries, tires, and wiper blades, we finally traded it in. Our only regret is that there is really nothing like it currently in the US market that we can replace it with.

Wish I could find another!
By Cristy on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 2.4 2dr Hatchback

My Expo has been fantastic! I bought this 1994 model in 1998 and have had it for 4 years. It is nearing 100,000 miles, and the only money (besides regular oil changes) that I have put into it was a month ago when I had new brakes. It has been running with original equipment for 8 years.