1992 Mitsubishi Expo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expo model:
Our Favorite Car
By asa on 02/18/07 14:00 PM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport 2dr Hatchback

We bought our Expo LRV new and it's been a wonderful car. It was a poor decision for Mitsubishi to drop this car from their catalog in North America.

Great Cheap Car
By sallymander on 09/23/06 08:30 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo SP 4dr Hatchback

I've had this car for six years and it's been a great choice. It has loads of interior space, sits nice and high for us petite folk, and has taken me back and forth across the country at least twice a year. Initially it got around 30 mpg, now it's sagging a little at around 26 mpg, but it is not bad for an old car! I did have to get the tranny rebuilt at about 150,000 miles, after the idle regulator went. Why are all the great cars only made a few years?

Good Old Friend
By IFR-VFR on 04/26/05 18:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo SP 4dr Hatchback 4WD

We've had our 1992 Mitsubishi Expo since it was new in 1991 as a 1992 model. Our son finally found a way to kill it - it developed a coolant leak and he ignored it until it was too late. This was the best handling car I've ever had in the slippery stuff including our current Audi A6 Quattro and Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD. It has a huge interior for such a small exterior and comfortable upright seating. It has a third row for kids that fold flat into the floor. I never had to change the shocks, cv boots or joints, or have it aligned. Its original brakes lasted past 60,000 miles, and its transmission was still fine after 180,000 miles. Even here at the Salt Capital of America (Seacoast, NH) it had almost no rust anywhere. I would buy one again if it was still sold here.

older version of the Toyota Matrix xr4wd
By MrMatrix on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo SP 4dr Hatchback 4WD

This car is wonderful, I own a 2004 Toyota Matrix xr 4wd. This Mitsubishi is extremly similar. Of coarse to me the Matrix's looks blow my little Mitsu away, but it is really just a gem of a car. I love everything about it. So far so good, I hope it is as reliable as everyone says it is. My mechnic said I picked a great car. He was not that happy because he said he wont make any money off me for it is soo reliable.. He told me I have great car choices. I own A 96 prizm which I may sell, a 1992 mitsu Expo and the Toyo Matrix. All proven so far to be excellent RELIABLE cars. I dont want to get rid of the ever!

Update
By Freddie-01R on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 2dr Hatchback

I last reviewed this vehicle in March 2002. It still is holding up great though I am no longer using the vehicle for courier work. Currently it has 215,000 miles. The vehicle gets very good gas mileage (check my last post) and the inexpensive tires wear evenly usually lasting over 30,000 miles. In conclusion, this is a great vehicle because of its good looks, affordability and practicality. Not to mention my great mechanic!

Cool? No. But functional!
By bigworld on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo SP 4dr Hatchback

This is an odd duck when it comes to styling. It looks like a platypus if you look at it the right way. But if you're looking for a car that rides high, holds a huge amount of cargo and gets great mileage, consider this.

Great Car
By Docbob on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo SP 4dr Hatchback

Purchased the car used in '96 with just under 200K miles. Now over 300K miles and still going strong. This car won't break, and believe me, I've tried. I'm shooting for 500,000 miles.

A fun, reliable car
By John T on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport 2dr Hatchback 4WD

I bought it used. The only maintanence was clean ignition wires ($25), new sliding door mechanism ($400) and tune up ($300) over 3.5 years. Not bad for a 1992. Poor accleration and a noisy interior, but it did great in the snow and was simple to drive (an ice spot resulted in its retirement)

Has passed the test!
By Freddie the Courier on 03/02/02 21:35 PM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV 2dr Hatchback

COURIER/MESSENGER VEHICLE! Between 150-250 miles per day (60,000 MILES FIRST YEAR). Lots of maintenace and some repairs has kept it in great shape and it gets between 24-28 mpg (5-speed). Also the back seat easily is removed/replaced for CARGO OR PASSENGER NEEDS!