Used 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Great SUV
By Dano

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Performance has been great,comfort is very good, I have a very long torso and dont fit well in many cars and SUVs including Pathfinder. Could be a 9 or 10 with an adjustable up & Down Seat Fuel Economy could be better in light of premium only fuel. Great SUV drives like a car! The design is good the materials not as good (plastic interior) Exterior build great would be better than 5 if interior was better. Reliability has been great so far. Caution on the trans see below do the maintenance. I had been told to watch for trans issues. Probably would be eliminated with a bigger trans. EXT Design AWESOME A.W.D. and stability control Awesome 1st winter was very icy handled very well.

Favorite Features

Performance has been great 70K and no problems yet. Did avoid a trans problem when doing maintenance noted trans oil was black. Did the maint much better shifting now, trans fluid back to red. 09winter had a total of 54 inches of snow with two storms of more than 18in. Was like driving dry roads

Suggested Improvements

Better trans maint schedule and better interior quality, would make this the best of the best. It is very close cages for fog lights.

Good Vehicle for the Price
By JHENN

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle used from a dealership 3 months ago, and so far it has lived up to my expectations. It has plenty of power for mixed city/highway driving. The interior is very comfortable. The center information display is a nice feature, but sometimes I get weird readings. If the AC is on it will say the outside temperature is 35F when it is really about 80F. Also, sometimes the fuel economy gauge will lock up and say I am getting 65 MPG for an entire trip. (If only it were true.) My average gas mileage is actually 23 MPG. I bought my Endeavor for $5000 less than a comparable Honda Pilot or Nissan Pathfinder, and I think it was a good deal.

Suggested Improvements

Besides fixing the bugs in the center display, my only other suggestion is to make the cup holders a bit wider. My coffee cup wouldn't fit in them so I had to downsize.

Great SUV, Slaughters Toyota
By Yonsson

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The car has performed flawlessly since the get go and everyone I talk to says it'll go 200K easy. Those only problem I here of is a clogged A/C drain that backs up into the cab and its a $1,200 fix. A simple coat hanger or air gun up into the drain would do the trick people. Easiest car to maintain and cheap to fix.

Favorite Features

Snappy acceleration, comfortable interior and works great in the snow. Stereo system is something I wont turn my nose up at either.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a sharper looking from clip, truck blends in too easily.

So far really good
By geneo

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our endeavor used last spring and it has turned out to be a really nice SUV for us. Haven't run it in the snow yet but it has a nice ride, good performance, decent mileage, and is overall a good car.

Favorite Features

Ride is great for a SUV and mileage very good for the size vehicle it is.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield wipers are kinda funky, and make a lot of noise.

Love, love, LOVE IT!!
By Rose

2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a Land Rover previous to this, and had to call AMA about 7 times in the winter and it had problems every 2 to 3 weeks. I needed a more reliable vehicle, and was ecstatic when I found a 3 year lease return 2006 Endeavor (so, only 1 previous owner!). I've had it for almost a year and it drives incredibly, and I've had NO problems with it so far. Everything works perfect, plus it is a beautiful, spacious, comfy ride. I couldn't be more thrilled with this vehicle! Even if something did go wrong, I'm still covered under the 100,000 km warranty. No worries!

Favorite Features

The room, but it drives like a small car. The turning radius is great for an SUV this big. The seat warmers, 6- CD changer, and the size of the sunroof. The blue backlights on the dash are my favorite thing.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of a single one.