Used 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Loved this car!
By Robin

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I'm up to 158K miles and once again, a Mitsubishi engine has not let me down! I've had it 6 years and put about 80K on it. I had the sunroof fixed last year (leaking) and a power steering pump put on about 2 years ago. I currently have water leaking into the driver's floor board and we have not been able to find the source. Probably haven't put more than $500 in parts/labor into it other than ordinary maintenance. (oil change/tires, brakes, etc...) I put a hitch on it and pulled trailer/bike 2000K and I would do it again tomorrow. I enjoyed the power at take-off and merging, hehe. I've never hesitated to drive it to work when co-workers called in for snowy roads. We were the only ones that got out of the mud soaked valley when all others got stuck. (People sat on that side of the road to watch the show :) ) If I could buy this car brand new (but with the more modern features of Bluetooth and aux jack) I would definitely consider it. But alas, it's time to move on.....

most reliable car I've owned
By A A

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

2005 Endeavor. Purchased in 2008, is now 2016, so I've had the car 8 years and put 70k miles on it. Acceleration is adequate, as well as handling and braking. I'm not going to let this vehicle get out of my grasp until it is worn out. Have done nothing except routine maintenance (oil, brakes, belts, battery), all done myself, and always easy. Only repairs have been replacing the oxygen sensors. Opted to have the timing belt changed, and mechanic mentioned it's one of the quickest timing belt jobs he's done. (which means you don't pay for a lot of labor!). My ONLY complaint is the lack of an aux input on the stereo, and difficulty of replacing the stereo with an aftermarket unit. Like the title states, this has been the most reliable of the 15+ cars I've owned in my life.

Dependable Vehicle
By Tanya

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Endeavor with about 75,000 miles on it in 2010. We have driven it across the country and back a few times and we just love it! It currently has 181,000 miles on it and is still going strong. We have only had to do routine maintenance on it except for one thing. The air conditioner started to drain into the vehicle instead of outside but we took it to the dealership and only ended up paying a couple hundred dollars. Other than that it has been a super reliable vehicle.

Saved my brother and sons life.
By Kristin Sharum

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought the car in the summer of 2014, we rushed it.. I recently lost my car because of some engine problem and was looking to buy something fast. I went to a used sales lot and picked this up. I owned it for a few months and it was great. One problem with it, it had some engine noise that even my brother mechanic couldn't figure out what it was. But other than that, it was fine. Its not the best in snow with regular tires, I feel as we could get stuck on a leaf. But, the thing sure did pick up and go if needed in the summer. Sadly, I lost my car in April of 2015 when my brother was taking my son to school and they were hit head on. Surprisingly, the vehicles interior only had a pushed up dash and the vents slightly broken. The car was totaled, but at least my family was safe. The vehicle had reallyyyy cold air and hot heat.

two engines, three sets of brakes, two exhaust sys
By Eric

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

do not buy this over priced vehicle. I have replaced the engine, the entire exhaust system, and did three brake jobs all in under 150K miles.