Used 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Saved my brother and sons life.
By Kristin Sharum

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

When we bought the car in the summer of 2014, we rushed it.. I recently lost my car because of some engine problem and was looking to buy something fast. I went to a used sales lot and picked this up. I owned it for a few months and it was great. One problem with it, it had some engine noise that even my brother mechanic couldn't figure out what it was. But other than that, it was fine. Its not the best in snow with regular tires, I feel as we could get stuck on a leaf. But, the thing sure did pick up and go if needed in the summer. Sadly, I lost my car in April of 2015 when my brother was taking my son to school and they were hit head on. Surprisingly, the vehicles interior only had a pushed up dash and the vents slightly broken. The car was totaled, but at least my family was safe. The vehicle had reallyyyy cold air and hot heat.

two engines, three sets of brakes, two exhaust sys
By Eric

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

do not buy this over priced vehicle. I have replaced the engine, the entire exhaust system, and did three brake jobs all in under 150K miles.

BEST VEHICLE EVER PURCHASED
By marie0124

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2005 Endeavor for approximately 5 years now. I first thought it was a jeep from viewing from the street. i went to the car lot and was surprised it was not a jeep. I took it for a test drive up and down hills. It was a smooth ride and was easy to handle. I have purchased many cars in my life and found this one to be easy on maintenance only needing regular oil change.

my favorite features are the smooth driving and the defrost system is amazing. I also am impressed how well and fast this vehicle heats up or cools down.

better sound quality for stereo. back vents for heat and air. blinker system on mirrors.

Worth Every Penny!
By stucek

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car in June of 2005 and have loved every minute of it. Love the sporty look and have not had but 3 problems (regular wear & tear) with it. In the last 6.5 years, I have put 111,000 miles on it and spent under $800 getting all repairs done. Not bad considering I am always on the road. Would recommend this car to anyone. Great for singles, couples, families or even hauling animals around like me (4 dogs and 2 cats).

My favorite things about this car are the big windows, oversize review mirrors, spacious interior, low dashboard, a/c output from front vents and blue backlight on deck. The blue made it very easy on the eyes.

Doesn't seem to have a very good turn radius but that was not a deal breaker for me.

Love It!
By carmen_t

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased at 19 miles. 4 years since then. No problems at 50,000 plus miles. Comfy long distances. Hwy mileage is very good, not so much in the city. AWD runs great off-road, including the sand --fun! The least i like about it, noticeable muffler from the back of the SUV, and U-turns are wide.

AWD, roomy, comfortable long distance

block muffler from view, shorter u-turns. Some newer Endeavors have muffler partially covered from view --can still be improved.

• SUV