Used 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Most Helpful|
Good crossover for the price
By Nick

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Endeavor a year and a half ago and have put 25K miles since then. We have been pretty happy with it so far. It has a lot of cargo space in the back and the seats are easy to fold down to create even more. I love the power this vehicle has and the transmission is very responsive. The transmission does make a wining noise in warmer weather. This is a known issue with them - can't be fixed, so I deal with it. It is very comfortable on long trips. I question its durability, though. The interior is very cheap. The fabric, although comfortable, is already showing significant wear. The dash and doors are mostly brittle plastic and the sunroof seals aren't sealing.

Favorite Features

Infinity sound system w/ subwoofer, power, AWD system, cargo space, roomy interior, heated cloth seats

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials, do more for organization - redesign center console - right now it's waste of space

Good SUV... but
By dude2

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall my '05 Limited Endeavor has been a pretty good vehicle, but the initial quality issues I encountered have killed my opinion of the brand. I had the thing into the shop eight times in the first couple months.. since then I've had no issues. It drives awesome.

Mitts Endeavor
By car7236

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Front seats could use more padding. Needs automatic headlamp option available. No electronic fuel economy or distance to empty available option available. Could use memory seats/mirrors. This was our trade-up from a Grand Cherokee LTD, and aside from what I mentioned, got to just love the vehicle.

Favorite Features

6 Disc changer in dash, great styling.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, automatic headlamps, memory seats/mirrors, electronic gas mileage and distance to empty readouts. Easier to use tilt steering wheel.

Sleeper SUV
By Ronald

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had absolutely no problems with my 2005 Endeavor LS AWD. It has plenty of power and is comfortable. It looks sporty and overall build quality is very good. It handles very well and is a fairly quiet ride. It has not missed a beat and other than scheduled maintenace it has operated flawlessly. The AWD system is inferior to my Subaru. The stock tires may be part of the problem. I will install new snow tires and see if traction improves.

Favorite Features

Peppy yet fuel effecient motor. Low tire monitoring light. Standard roof rack and great warranty.

Suggested Improvements

The interior material on my LS looks a bit cheap. For a vehicle this good it deserves a decent fabric for the seats. A temperature gauage with the outside temperature reading should be standard on this vehicle.

Bells & whistles galore
By MICHAELLA

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Loved the 2005 Toyota 4-Runner (had a '95 4-Runner prior), but didn't want to pay for all of the a la carte upgrades (sunroof, 6-cd changer, leather) on the SR5 or Sport Edition & wasn't willing to pay for the Limited. Endeavor had everything I wanted and then some, plus the added 0% APR deal. Easy choice! Still prefer the exterior of the Toyota, but wouldn't trade my heated seats, steering wheel audio controls and other bells & whistles now for anything! As far as value, I definitely feel I got the biggest bang for my buck. Extremely satisfied overall.

Favorite Features

Love the AWD - feels especially solid on overpass ramps, curves, and wet roads compared to my husband's Montero Sport. Thought the heated seat package would be a waste in Florida, but the feature got plenty of use on cold Jan/Feb mornings -- I'm spoiled now.

Suggested Improvements

Biggest pet peeve is that the gear positions are not illuminated on the center shifter -- cheap stickers that don't light up at night are irritating. Acceleration is sluggish when merging onto highway - could use more pep. Rear seat finishing is poor (bolts are exposed where seats join the floor).