Used 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

BEST VEHICLE EVER PURCHASED
By marie0124

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2005 Endeavor for approximately 5 years now. I first thought it was a jeep from viewing from the street. i went to the car lot and was surprised it was not a jeep. I took it for a test drive up and down hills. It was a smooth ride and was easy to handle. I have purchased many cars in my life and found this one to be easy on maintenance only needing regular oil change.

Favorite Features

my favorite features are the smooth driving and the defrost system is amazing. I also am impressed how well and fast this vehicle heats up or cools down.

Suggested Improvements

better sound quality for stereo. back vents for heat and air. blinker system on mirrors.

Worth Every Penny!
By stucek

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car in June of 2005 and have loved every minute of it. Love the sporty look and have not had but 3 problems (regular wear & tear) with it. In the last 6.5 years, I have put 111,000 miles on it and spent under $800 getting all repairs done. Not bad considering I am always on the road. Would recommend this car to anyone. Great for singles, couples, families or even hauling animals around like me (4 dogs and 2 cats).

Favorite Features

My favorite things about this car are the big windows, oversize review mirrors, spacious interior, low dashboard, a/c output from front vents and blue backlight on deck. The blue made it very easy on the eyes.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't seem to have a very good turn radius but that was not a deal breaker for me.

Love It!
By carmen_t

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased at 19 miles. 4 years since then. No problems at 50,000 plus miles. Comfy long distances. Hwy mileage is very good, not so much in the city. AWD runs great off-road, including the sand --fun! The least i like about it, noticeable muffler from the back of the SUV, and U-turns are wide.

Favorite Features

AWD, roomy, comfortable long distance

Suggested Improvements

block muffler from view, shorter u-turns. Some newer Endeavors have muffler partially covered from view --can still be improved.

Great Experience
By Larry

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Endeavor for 5 1/2 years now and at 95,000 miles had my first problem--not even a new car bug. (have kept all service, minor and major up to date). Just had to have propeller shaft and bearing assembly replaced due to bad bearings. But fully covered by 100,000 Mile powertrain warranty. Feel great this is the only issue in 95K miles!

Favorite Features

Like the looks, interior comfort, basic design and enormous cargo space with the back seats are down. And passengers, front and back, all say how comfortable it rides.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is bad

Good crossover for the price
By Nick

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Endeavor a year and a half ago and have put 25K miles since then. We have been pretty happy with it so far. It has a lot of cargo space in the back and the seats are easy to fold down to create even more. I love the power this vehicle has and the transmission is very responsive. The transmission does make a wining noise in warmer weather. This is a known issue with them - can't be fixed, so I deal with it. It is very comfortable on long trips. I question its durability, though. The interior is very cheap. The fabric, although comfortable, is already showing significant wear. The dash and doors are mostly brittle plastic and the sunroof seals aren't sealing.

Favorite Features

Infinity sound system w/ subwoofer, power, AWD system, cargo space, roomy interior, heated cloth seats

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials, do more for organization - redesign center console - right now it's waste of space