Used 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Wish I had two of them!
By endeavorlover

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been the best I have ever owned. We bought used with 21,000 on it now here it is 2015 with 109,000. We have had up keep that is normal for a car this age, brakes, belts, hoses, shocks, etc. we also have had to replace the water pump, and all bearings on the axles. I would drive it across the U.S. Today without hesitation. It still doesn't use oil. Have always run synthetic oil since we owned it. It still runs like a sewing machine. We will keep it until we have it towed off hopefully many years from now. If you find one well maintained, BUY IT! Is very safe and dependable. The AWD is invaluable for rain, snow, and ice.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable, tons of leg room front and back. Great storage in back for luggage for a long trip. Great for long trips with great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

I wish we had the leather interior. The exterior handles for the doors oxidize and will eventually need replaced. Drainage for the heater box was not designed properly so if you keep it outside plan on taking it to the dealer every spring or it will fill with condensation and leak on your carpet. Still with these minor problems it is a keeper because the vehicle just will not let you down! Remember this has a timing chain that must be adjusted every 50,000 miles to take out the slack. A very simple process but needful so don't overlook.

A great car!
By Erfan Eilati

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is 2004 and has more than 120,000 miles on it and has had zero problems what so ever! I think the rode noise is a little bit more than Honda Pilot or Toyota 4Runner. The gas mileage is as posted and I drive 90% highway and get ~22-23mgp.

My 2004 Endeavor
By beachgoer

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV New XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far, I have 215,000 miles on this SUV. The only non-maintenance item that I had to change are the 2 rear power window motors, which actually a small plastic piece broke off which held the cable assembly. When I purchased this SUV, I was really worried about the quality, but so far its been fantastic. I'm crossing my fingers it will last through the end of 2014 without any major problems.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior looks and also the spaciousness of the cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of the plastics in the interior could be better. Also some of the exterior parts show signs of oxidation (premature) but nothing major.

More noise than a toddler toy!
By bayd

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV New XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my endeavor used in 2010 with 90,000 miles, for more room. Heater blower motor immediately started to scream. Replacing it was a nightmare. Ended up having to go to machine shop to modify the new motor, just so that I could have heat in the winter. AC doesn't work at all. Needs a whole new compressor. Tires, breaks and bearings all needed to be replaced. And tires for this bad boy are SPENDY! I've had the thing almost a year and spent more than $3k on it. Now I have to get a minivan and am screwed because resale of these is so low. Used to have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, and that was my all time favorite car!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
By dawnb03

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this Car! I had an '04 Mitsubishi Lancer ES before this car. I bought my Endeavor, "Endora", in November 08 from Carmax 1) because the Lancer was totaled out and 2) because the Endeavor is more suited to what I need a vehicle to be able to do. I love the cargo space and my dog enjoys having the back compartment all to herself. I can easily load up any of my camping gear, horse equipment or feed in the back and not worry about how the car will handle the load. I've also taken several trips across several states in her and she's handled like a charm. I LOVE this car. Even when we had a freak snow storm in Georgia I was still able to drive around.

Favorite Features

I love the space and capability of this vehicle. The car like feel in an SUV is nice. Having the AWD standard is nice so I don't worry about getting stuck anywhere.