Used 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Most Helpful|
More noise than a toddler toy!
By bayd

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV New XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my endeavor used in 2010 with 90,000 miles, for more room. Heater blower motor immediately started to scream. Replacing it was a nightmare. Ended up having to go to machine shop to modify the new motor, just so that I could have heat in the winter. AC doesn't work at all. Needs a whole new compressor. Tires, breaks and bearings all needed to be replaced. And tires for this bad boy are SPENDY! I've had the thing almost a year and spent more than $3k on it. Now I have to get a minivan and am screwed because resale of these is so low. Used to have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, and that was my all time favorite car!

My best car ever!
By zoltan2

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV New LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own a lot of cars but this one is the best. I bought it with 105kmiles 4 years ago. Except brake pads and timing belt I did nothing! The car has now 170k and runs like new. I also have a Mercedes and a Porsche but none of them can beat this car reability. I use just synthetic oil.My next SUV? Mitsubishi.

My 2004 Endeavor
By beachgoer

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV New XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far, I have 215,000 miles on this SUV. The only non-maintenance item that I had to change are the 2 rear power window motors, which actually a small plastic piece broke off which held the cable assembly. When I purchased this SUV, I was really worried about the quality, but so far its been fantastic. I'm crossing my fingers it will last through the end of 2014 without any major problems.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior looks and also the spaciousness of the cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of the plastics in the interior could be better. Also some of the exterior parts show signs of oxidation (premature) but nothing major.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
By dawnb03

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this Car! I had an '04 Mitsubishi Lancer ES before this car. I bought my Endeavor, "Endora", in November 08 from Carmax 1) because the Lancer was totaled out and 2) because the Endeavor is more suited to what I need a vehicle to be able to do. I love the cargo space and my dog enjoys having the back compartment all to herself. I can easily load up any of my camping gear, horse equipment or feed in the back and not worry about how the car will handle the load. I've also taken several trips across several states in her and she's handled like a charm. I LOVE this car. Even when we had a freak snow storm in Georgia I was still able to drive around.

Favorite Features

I love the space and capability of this vehicle. The car like feel in an SUV is nice. Having the AWD standard is nice so I don't worry about getting stuck anywhere.

A great car!
By Erfan Eilati

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is 2004 and has more than 120,000 miles on it and has had zero problems what so ever! I think the rode noise is a little bit more than Honda Pilot or Toyota 4Runner. The gas mileage is as posted and I drive 90% highway and get ~22-23mgp.