Used 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Awesome Car!!
By Frank jones

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine in 2012 with 127,000 miles, still runs amazing! No major repairs on it by us or the previous owners. Only problem we've had is the air conditioning leaking back into the car but was quickly fixed by the dealer. Does excellent in snow/ice!

Solid SUV Great Used Car Valu
By Brian Auld age 61

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2004 AWD in 2008 with 50,000 miles , now at 114000 and have only done a timing belt. Call me lucky? Not even the brakes. From Oregon to Hawaii and back, most of it left outside and still looks great. Love the view of the road, with the small windows in the A pillar to see the sidewalk and kid on bike about to cross in front of you. Just test drove a Chev, Traverse and felt like I was in a cave. Negatives,Retarded instrument panel, light blue on gray/silver next to impossible to see as the driver. Heater strong but finding the air flow setting takes 2 people. Tire wear is even and not excessive No leaks or malfunctions in sunroof or other windows. Ride can be choppy due to the short wheel base, and this is a car that needs to be driven at a safe speed. Swerving at 70 mph on wet pavement would get dicey. Look for a well cared for used and it is a tremendous bang for the used car buck.

Reliable endeavour
By rodo

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV New XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had in the past a VW, Chevrolet, Nissan, Chrysler, dodge, ford, Toyota, and after i bought this Mitsubishi endeavor I was concern about it, because I've herd bad comments on Mitsubishi cars, well I never had a problem with it, drives very soft and good all the time, is quiet, never made any repairs of nothing only regular maintenance it has 176,000miles and it looks like it can go for 300,000 easy without a problem

Wish I had two of them!
By endeavorlover

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been the best I have ever owned. We bought used with 21,000 on it now here it is 2015 with 109,000. We have had up keep that is normal for a car this age, brakes, belts, hoses, shocks, etc. we also have had to replace the water pump, and all bearings on the axles. I would drive it across the U.S. Today without hesitation. It still doesn't use oil. Have always run synthetic oil since we owned it. It still runs like a sewing machine. We will keep it until we have it towed off hopefully many years from now. If you find one well maintained, BUY IT! Is very safe and dependable. The AWD is invaluable for rain, snow, and ice.

Seats are comfortable, tons of leg room front and back. Great storage in back for luggage for a long trip. Great for long trips with great visibility.

I wish we had the leather interior. The exterior handles for the doors oxidize and will eventually need replaced. Drainage for the heater box was not designed properly so if you keep it outside plan on taking it to the dealer every spring or it will fill with condensation and leak on your carpet. Still with these minor problems it is a keeper because the vehicle just will not let you down! Remember this has a timing chain that must be adjusted every 50,000 miles to take out the slack. A very simple process but needful so don't overlook.

A great car!
By Erfan Eilati

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My car is 2004 and has more than 120,000 miles on it and has had zero problems what so ever! I think the rode noise is a little bit more than Honda Pilot or Toyota 4Runner. The gas mileage is as posted and I drive 90% highway and get ~22-23mgp.