2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:
My 2004 Endeavor
By beachgoer on 12/31/13 11:29 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor New XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So far, I have 215,000 miles on this SUV. The only non-maintenance item that I had to change are the 2 rear power window motors, which actually a small plastic piece broke off which held the cable assembly. When I purchased this SUV, I was really worried about the quality, but so far its been fantastic. I'm crossing my fingers it will last through the end of 2014 without any major problems.

More noise than a toddler toy!
By bayd on 12/05/11 18:02 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor New XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my endeavor used in 2010 with 90,000 miles, for more room. Heater blower motor immediately started to scream. Replacing it was a nightmare. Ended up having to go to machine shop to modify the new motor, just so that I could have heat in the winter. AC doesn't work at all. Needs a whole new compressor. Tires, breaks and bearings all needed to be replaced. And tires for this bad boy are SPENDY! I've had the thing almost a year and spent more than $3k on it. Now I have to get a minivan and am screwed because resale of these is so low. Used to have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, and that was my all time favorite car!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
By dawnb03 on 10/21/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love this Car! I had an '04 Mitsubishi Lancer ES before this car. I bought my Endeavor, "Endora", in November 08 from Carmax 1) because the Lancer was totaled out and 2) because the Endeavor is more suited to what I need a vehicle to be able to do. I love the cargo space and my dog enjoys having the back compartment all to herself. I can easily load up any of my camping gear, horse equipment or feed in the back and not worry about how the car will handle the load. I've also taken several trips across several states in her and she's handled like a charm. I LOVE this car. Even when we had a freak snow storm in Georgia I was still able to drive around.

My best car ever!
By zoltan2 on 08/18/11 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor New LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I own a lot of cars but this one is the best. I bought it with 105kmiles 4 years ago. Except brake pads and timing belt I did nothing! The car has now 170k and runs like new. I also have a Mercedes and a Porsche but none of them can beat this car reability. I use just synthetic oil.My next SUV? Mitsubishi.

105,000 miles - Major Problems About to Hit?
By endeav04awd on 05/20/11 10:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor New LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this SUV in 2006 with 14,000 miles on it. Enjoyed the comfort, the power, the visibility, and the price. Mileage is average - about what I would expect for the body design and an AWD drivetrain. The AWD has done wonders for tire ware - very even with quality tires. Early on, had the classic water pouring into the passenger and/or driver side floor; 2 trips to the dealership to fix . I get maintenance done regularly. But, engine oil every 3k - 5k with synth oil, & @80K engine started to develop cam/lifter clatter upon startup (goes away once engine warms up).

Love my Baby!
By taterlove on 04/22/11 09:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

So we bought 'My Baby' this time last year and have been in love with it! Right after purchase we did have to take it back to get the back tailgate fixed, it kept poping open. But the gas mileage and the driving and the handling is just amazing! There is noise with having the sunroof open, but I love having my music on so it doesn't bother me. Also, it fits 3 full size carseats! My friend has a 4Runner and cant do that! We've taken her halfway across the country and loved it! I just cant express how much I love my Endeavor!!!

I LOVE my endeavor
By AngelaPenny on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am a little to in love with this car! I pack it full of people and beach stuff and head up to Tahoe with the a/c blasted and it performs beautifully. In reno NV it snows - and while everyone else is stuck on the side of the road, my endeavor just drives on past them NO PROBLEM. Because of the eclipse engine, it is fast and handles the road very well while not eating too much gas. Plenty of leg, head & cargo room for me and my tall family and all our groceries. It has been consistently reliable. The only con is I got a lemon drivers seat that I took to the dealer 6 (no joke) times to have repaired and it goes unrepaired to this day. One very hard to please person, recommends this vehicle!!

Now this is FUN!
By Tony on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Endeavor a few weeks ago and I just can't find enough time to drive it. It has 96,000 on it but runs like new. The interior is a little noisy from rattles. Common complaint. The sound system in great! The look hasn't changed and rightfully so. With two kids, the back seat has room for both them and their toys (That's a plus!) I've read complaints about the paint but haven't seen anything unusual on mine. Also had a slight shake at 65 mph which an alignment took care of. If you are luck enough to find one. Get it and enjoy.

High mileage
By Ronda on 09/01/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor New XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My mitsu now has 151K miles; dealer does regular maintenance. It's a tank! I have had 2 wrecks, 1 front, 1 back. Crushed in the trunk and back door of first car I hit. Later I backed into a Lexus and did lots of damage. I had no damage except scratches (most of which wiped off). When I drove to dealer service after 1st wreck, they checked it out and asked me if I was sure I even had a wreck. I did have to get a new (used) transmission around 120K, but that's all other than regular maintenance. I want to keep driving to at least 200K.

Love the Endeavor
By Donna on 08/09/10 17:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS AWD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I drive 40 miles round trip to work, city driving, highway, stop and go all the way. The endeavor has had quite a few recalls, all of which I was notified about and service was provided without problems. My endeavor has 90K on it now and I hate the thought of trading it although it would only be a on a 2011 model Endeavor. Unfortunately it is in the shop now. I don't have the final details but it appears to have transmission problems. The warranty says drivetrain coverage 10 years/100K miles. Fingers crossed.