Used 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Slick Ride
By Mike Ferrugi

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The only negative about this vehicle is that even with the air temp dial at max cool, there is a tremendous amount of warm air coming in through the vent around the petals. I suspect that the outside air duct must run close to the exhaust and they pick up temperature from that and it is the sent into the car. To avoid this I engage the interior circulation mode, which eliminated the air flow. Also, the vehicle does oversteer or plow when making hard turns.

It is a very comfortable and enjoyable car for long distance driving.

Beautiful Car
By ilikemoney3

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is pretty nice to have it is fun to drive but not the best unfortunately. I wanna start with the pros of this car. Looks are sharp! I mean my kalapana black eclipse turns heads all the time and gets me solid compliments. Its a nice little 4 banger perfect for me and my chick. Installed HID 8000k lights, LED interior and License plate LED,
modded exhaust, and Cold Air Intake.

Nice paint job, front racing Style seats, Crystal white Tail Light housing, LED Tail Lights, Blue dash and stereo lighting, Sportronic option, Fog lamp ready, Small compact size makes it easy to park in any situation, easy to mod and tune!!!!!

Dundunduuunnn i really hate to talk about my car's cons but unfortunately shes not perfect. Fuel economy is average for it being a sluggish 4-cyl. i mean come on mitsubishi really? 28/20? a mustang has up to 29/19 with almost twice as much HP. Low HP and Torque for it's class. Wide turning circle barely makes it clear a U-turn situation. Rough ride, feel every bump on the road its like being in a bouncer, base model is as basic as it gets... no MP3 aux plug :( no room for backseats not that i want anyone in my car, 4-speed tranny...wow they still make those??... bad blindspots but dont affect me, and finally why is this car so heavy?????????????? why?????

Love at first sight!
By Rob

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. The price was great! Especially for a car of this year and miles it came with. Before deciding to go for the Eclipse I looked at the Mustang and the Honda Accord Coupe but both these car lose in looks and Warranty. I'm thankful I bought this car even though its the GS model it comes with many standard features. It drives like a dream very fast and peppy for a 4cyl engine. Miles per gallon are okay considering the weight of this vehicle and the safety features. Great car for the money!

I love how fast the car response when needed. Kinda makes you think you have a V6 and not a 4cyl. Great engine no complains here. I'm also in love with the design of the car its beautiful, I hope Mitsu keeps this design for a while and makes it even more attractive in years to come.

Nothing. I love my eclipse and will remain a faithful Mitsubishi customer for years to come as long as they keep their cars reliable and affordable with outrageous good looks. keep up the good job Mitsu!.

Great Driving Sportscar
By rayhallnc

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of power and handles very well. GT with the rear fin gets a lot of looks and even questions as to what kind of car it is. Read other comments and noted concerns about the short distance of the low beams. There is a switch on the dash to adjust this. I panicked the 1st night I drove mine.

Power Driver's Seat, and sunroof.

Gas gauge is too low. For taller drivers who sit further back the steering wheel is in the way.

Love this car
By Chas

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best performance and style value on the market. I looked at many others before deciding on the Eclipse GT Spyder. This car is hands down the most fun to drive for the money you can buy. Why this car doesn't get more respect from the "Professional Reviewers" is beyond me. Buy one, you will love it!

Performance, styling and build quality.

Gauges are hard to see in the daytime. Wish I could turn off daytime running lights, seems a waste of energy.