2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Beautiful Car
By ilikemoney3 on 04/20/14 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is pretty nice to have it is fun to drive but not the best unfortunately. I wanna start with the pros of this car. Looks are sharp! I mean my kalapana black eclipse turns heads all the time and gets me solid compliments. Its a nice little 4 banger perfect for me and my chick. Installed HID 8000k lights, LED interior and License plate LED, modded exhaust, and Cold Air Intake.

Love at first sight!
By Rob on 03/25/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is awesome. The price was great! Especially for a car of this year and miles it came with. Before deciding to go for the Eclipse I looked at the Mustang and the Honda Accord Coupe but both these car lose in looks and Warranty. I'm thankful I bought this car even though its the GS model it comes with many standard features. It drives like a dream very fast and peppy for a 4cyl engine. Miles per gallon are okay considering the weight of this vehicle and the safety features. Great car for the money!

Great Driving Sportscar
By rayhallnc on 03/20/10 19:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Lots of power and handles very well. GT with the rear fin gets a lot of looks and even questions as to what kind of car it is. Read other comments and noted concerns about the short distance of the low beams. There is a switch on the dash to adjust this. I panicked the 1st night I drove mine.

Love this car
By Chas on 01/30/10 06:51 AM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best performance and style value on the market. I looked at many others before deciding on the Eclipse GT Spyder. This car is hands down the most fun to drive for the money you can buy. Why this car doesn't get more respect from the "Professional Reviewers" is beyond me. Buy one, you will love it!

Last Hurrah
By Mulberrygal on 08/06/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had 9 Nissans in a row, mainly Sentras. I was not happy with the new look they came out with so I checked Mitsubishi. One look at the 2009 Eclipse and I was in love. I am a grandma but not ready for the rocker. This car is fast becoming my favorite ever. Hot looking, (rave red) fun driving, didn't empty my trust fund to buy it and has one of the best warranties going. I am finding reasons to go out and drive it. My car insurance only went up $60 a year from my 2006 Sentra. How could you not love this car?

About My Eclipse
By David on 06/11/09 21:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Drives very well, especially if have driven a manual before. Gas mileage is good 20-21 mpg in the city so far, haven't taken it out on a long drive. If you know how to shift properly you'll get better gas mileage and also know how to down shift to extend life on your brakes. I also have a motorcycle and that has helped me drive a manual transmission better. If you're complaining about your gas mileage it's because you're probably not shifting at the right RPMs. It could have used a few more compartments to place items maybe behind the seats etc.; other then that a very good vehicle. I love my car!!!!!

Fun to drive
By Susan on 04/27/09 14:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd eclipse that I have owned. I love this car. I have had many sporty cars but this car is the most fun to drive. I love the way it handles corners. My only criticism is that I wish they could make the front end a little bit sportier. I love the front of the Mazda RX-8. I wish this front had more style like that but overall, a hot car that drives great. It's amazing in the snow. People are always shocked to hear this but it's the truth. If you want a fun, reliable car, I highly recommend the Eclipse.

Love this car!
By Delissa on 03/25/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Two weeks ago we traded our 2006 Eclipse GT in on a 2009 Eclipse GT. I really like the looks of the dual exhaust. Our old Eclipse had the automatic transmission and this time we opted for the 6-speed standard. It seems to have so much more power than the automatic. I don't know if they have made the back window larger, but it seems easier to see behind you when backing. I feel sure we will enjoy the sun-roof when the weather is nicer and the Rockford-Fosgate stereo absolutely rocks! I love this car and think I'm hooked on Eclipses forever!

Good value
By Nick on 01/21/09 15:20 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't seen a better combination of performance, looks, and price than the 09 Eclipse GT. It has more hp than the other cars in it's class, looks better (in my opinion), and in many cases is less expensive than other cars that less to offer.

my 09 eclipse
By Kate on 12/03/08 18:14 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I love the way the car drives. Its definately a quick car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse in VA is:

$136 per month*