2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
I love it!!!!
By sherellem on 12/26/12 10:45 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car. I am a small person so it fits me well. I get compliments everywhere I go syaing how nice the car it and how it's perfect for me. Ity's has great speed on the highway which I love, but the pick-up is a little slow. It's excellent on gas (which is a plus at these prices). Its warms up fast in cold weather, but fishtails a little in the snow (which I do not like). Overall, for the price, it's worth it. I love it a great deal. A few little adjustments and it would be perfect!!!!! I recommend it.

Awesome Car
By FOSGATE on 07/17/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just got the car its an 08 GT brand spanking new and where in 2010. I was skeptic at first but when I test drove the thing damn that thing hauls. I'm glad I got that Eclipse GT. Def get the GT V6 not the 4 banger cause then you'll be missing out on all the fun. The cars got speed its quick and peels out which to me is a good thing lol. You just gotta know how to drive it if you don't want it peeling out when you need it. The exhaust and engine sound good too and the rims are nice. Def. great car to buy

Excellent Car
By Rob on 09/21/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback SE-V6 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 98' Eclipse GS, lasted 11 years so I decided to trade it in for a 08. I have never been happier with my car, it's stylish enough for me and affordable, gets good gas mileage in my opinion, and is a smooth ride and yes I'll admit I've had it at its max 155 on a interstate, it rides very smooth even at that speed. If only it didn't have so much weight in it. 3550 lbs is a lot for a sports car and makes cornering devastating on your tires unless you take them extremely slow. Corning can use some work but even my last Eclipse turned like a Semi-truck so I'm used to it. All in all, I love my car and it attracts attention.

Sleek, Fun & Fast
By JC Frenzy on 04/23/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback SE-V6 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the Eclipse is a nice sports car with some punch. I have the V6 GT SE, so mine has a few more bells & whistles than most. It's a fun ride, not great in the snow, but not a death trap either. I threw an intake on it to give it a bit more oomph and a nice engine sound. With a few mods this will be a beast. Stock, it's definitely a solid buy.

Huge Turning Radius
By Keith on 02/04/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle. I think the interior could be "spiffed up" a bit, but generally it is ok. The blue dash is great at night. The only real issue I have is that for being such a small car, it weighs a lot, and the turning radius is that of a Super Duty Pickup. Allow yourself plenty of swing when trying to fit into a parking space!

Eclipse Design Saved My Teen Driver
By Eppie on 02/01/09 15:05 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter was in a horrible accident yesterday in her 2008 Eclipse. I bought the car for the safety rating and airbags. She and her passenger flipped end over end 3 times before coming to a rest 50 ft from the highway on the roof of the vehicle. They were going 75 (the speed limit on this hwy). They both walked away with minor scratches. THANK YOU Mitsubishi for your excellent car - it saved my kid's life.

Love this car
By Laurie on 11/15/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way this car handles. The four cylinder engine performs great and gets good fuel economy. The handling, performance, look and feel of the car give the impression of riding in a high end sports car without the high end price tag.

Perfect Sports Car for the Money
By INDIANA on 10/14/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great little car. No complaints. The interior is a lot nicer than the last three Chevys I owned. Limited view when looking over your shoulder, but not a big problem. After all, this is a sports car. Seems to be easy to get in and out of. Well laid out dash and controls. VERY comfortable seating.

Mitsi B
By silverdust cd on 09/12/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car. Have had lots of sporty vehicles in the past 20+ years and really enjoy my SE. So far I have 20k miles on my 2008 and have not had any problems. Insurance is very reasonable, gas mileage is great (30 mpg), and I don't see many on the road so I get lots of looks!

All around great car
By chris on 08/23/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback SE-V6 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am very happy with my purchase, car has been flawless so far. Great performance for the money and awesome styling. Visibility is a major problem though. Car also likes to get silly when pushed hard in corners when flooring it. Car should have at least came with a LSD or AWD. Interior also should have higher quality. Although nice enough for most people the interior materials don't belong on a 30K car. All around Great buy with a lot of potential. Just with a CAI performance and engine sound is night and day. In the end you get a little more than what you pay before.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.