Used 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

I love it!!!!
By sherellem

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car. I am a small person so it fits me well. I get compliments everywhere I go syaing how nice the car it and how it's perfect for me. Ity's has great speed on the highway which I love, but the pick-up is a little slow. It's excellent on gas (which is a plus at these prices). Its warms up fast in cold weather, but fishtails a little in the snow (which I do not like). Overall, for the price, it's worth it. I love it a great deal. A few little adjustments and it would be perfect!!!!! I recommend it.

I adsolutley love the blue lighting, espcially at night, makes the car look and feels sporty. It has that race car look and feel. The sounds are awesome because I do like to bump my music every now and then.

The rear-wheel drive isn't good. Causes me to slide in the snow (which scares me to death)

Awesome Car
By FOSGATE

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I just got the car its an 08 GT brand spanking new and where in 2010. I was skeptic at first but when I test drove the thing damn that thing hauls. I'm glad I got that Eclipse GT. Def get the GT V6 not the 4 banger cause then you'll be missing out on all the fun. The cars got speed its quick and peels out which to me is a good thing lol. You just gotta know how to drive it if you don't want it peeling out when you need it. The exhaust and engine sound good too and the rims are nice. Def. great car to buy

10 inch SUBWOOFER and the 6CD changer Rockford Fosgate Stereo. Also the 18" rims and the fact that the motor packs a punch.

Add more Horse power and maybe make it rear wheel drive. But all in all the cars great

Excellent Car
By Rob

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse SE-V6 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I used to have a 98' Eclipse GS, lasted 11 years so I decided to trade it in for a 08. I have never been happier with my car, it's stylish enough for me and affordable, gets good gas mileage in my opinion, and is a smooth ride and yes I'll admit I've had it at its max 155 on a interstate, it rides very smooth even at that speed. If only it didn't have so much weight in it. 3550 lbs is a lot for a sports car and makes cornering devastating on your tires unless you take them extremely slow. Corning can use some work but even my last Eclipse turned like a Semi-truck so I'm used to it. All in all, I love my car and it attracts attention.

Stock sound system, smooth ride, sleek design, comfortable seats, interior lights at night pleasant on the eyes.

No back seat room, WEIGHT! You especially feel it in cornering and accelerating, Turning radius, Navigation would be a wonderful feature. Stock radio should be able to hook up with an I-Pod as well.

Sleek, Fun & Fast
By JC Frenzy

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse SE-V6 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, the Eclipse is a nice sports car with some punch. I have the V6 GT SE, so mine has a few more bells & whistles than most. It's a fun ride, not great in the snow, but not a death trap either. I threw an intake on it to give it a bit more oomph and a nice engine sound. With a few mods this will be a beast. Stock, it's definitely a solid buy.

The stereo

Turning radius, seat A/C - not just heat

Huge Turning Radius
By Keith

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle. I think the interior could be "spiffed up" a bit, but generally it is ok. The blue dash is great at night. The only real issue I have is that for being such a small car, it weighs a lot, and the turning radius is that of a Super Duty Pickup. Allow yourself plenty of swing when trying to fit into a parking space!