2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Best Sports Coupe Value
By Doug on 09/21/06 16:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After testing driving the Scion tC, Honda Civic and the Ford Mustang V6 I test drove and purchased an Eclipse GS. While it is more expensive than the Scion and the Honda, I felt the Eclipse delivered more value. It has better acceleration than the Scion or Honda, has more comfortable seats, has a better interior layout, and a has much better exterior design. I did like the Mustang's exterior design, but it's interior seemed cheap and poorly laid out. Overall the Mustang (which was more expensive than the Eclipse) just didn't seem to offer as much value.

Fun To Drive, But...
By Sarah on 09/12/06 20:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well I've had my '07 Eclipse GS for about three months now so I think I have a good enough feel for the pros and cons to rate this car and give it a review. First of all the car looks GREAT. The design on the exterior is so innovative and curvy. The interior is a beautiful blue color at night thanks to the little blue LED lights inside the dash. However, the plastic on the doors and other parts of the interior IS CHEAP. I barely knick the door and there's a scratch. I can't have anyone sit in the back if there wearing heels because I am afraid they might scratch the plastic. I really hate the fear of scratching my plastic every time I take a ride, but over all the car is nice.

Fun, Fast, and Turns Heads
By BRIAN on 09/08/06 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2007 Eclispe is the best car I have ever driven, at the ripe old age of 45. I love the handling, the sylish look, as well as the speed of a 4-banger! I feel young and get the young ladies looking!

Love It
By Fink on 09/04/06 21:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went through a major transition getting my Eclipse. I had an '01 Grand AM SE before this. Needless to say, I like the Eclipse much much better. I have not even tested it fully, but the handling is great, and it doesn't take much to get it moving.

Suprised and Pleased
By Mark on 08/28/06 07:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I were searching for a sporty car that gets decent gas milage at an affordable price. The '07 Eclipse fits the bill very nicely. We love the "new" body styling. It had always been my dream to own a Porsche 911 someday. But let's face it, the average person will never be able to afford that. You can get a similar look for 1/4 of the price with the new Eclipse. The performance of the 4-cylinder engine is really suprising. It has plenty of power for the average driver. We took it for a 150 miles trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway this past weekend, and it ran and handled like a dream. I am 6' 3" and weigh 220 at 52 yrs old. I can get in and out of the car with no problems.

Nice Sporty Car For The Money
By Jessica on 08/22/06 02:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car purchase and so far I'm really loving this car. The exterior styling is gorgeous and the interior is in two words "simple elegance," not too overly done but eye catching none the less. The front seats are very comfy but the back seat is small with no leg room, but that doesn't bother me since I don't sit back there! :) It's got a peppy engine for a 4-cyl. but does get a little sluggish with the A/C on in my opinion. It takes turns like nothing and the the brakes are also wonderful, It it the best vehicle I've ever experienced. The Rockford Fosgate sterio is killer, a MUST have. All around I adore this car and it's a huge step up from my '01 Grand Am. Buy one, youu'll love it!

Great Understated Car
By bsant on 08/19/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

On a long trip or short hop the 2007 Eclipse is just pure fun. I lose few stereo wars with its Fosgate 650W stereo and no off the line acceleration. It is almost on par with the 2006 Mustang GT, which is faster than their previous GT. I also looked at the Nissan 300Z and Mazda RX-8. They are overpriced for what you get. The 2006 'Stang GT is also overpriced when you compare it to the Eclipse's features side by side and plus everyone has one. This car is also a real "head turner." ' I have been on eleven hour straight drives up steep mountain passes and flat praries, the car is just a pleasure to be in and has amazing power when you need it to pass. It is worry free. I also garden and can haul a couple of 1.7 cu ft dirt bags and many plants in one go. What a great Car! Also, it eats BMW 3-Series off the line easily.

My Clipze
By Anthony on 08/07/06 05:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Driving this car is very fun and pleasurable. The '07 Eclipse is a great head turner. Its styling is awesome. Road trips in it are comfortable and its performance is A-OK even with the 4-cyl. engine and the A/C on. Overall the car is top notch. We are very happy owners of this vehicle.

My Second Eclipse
By Sandi Lubisco on 07/30/06 21:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Traded an '01 for the '07 Eclipse. I loved my '01 model, but had to trade it in. My new car handles easily and is very sleek. The '07 Eclipse is not just for the young, but for anyone. I am 61 years old I know I will love my new car as much as my old one.

2007 Eclipse GS
By Sylvain Giguere on 07/26/06 19:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Eclipse GS model last week and it is a fun to drive car. Its Sportronic transmission it makes you feel in control of the car. Its acceleration is good for a 4-cylinder and it is a good looking car inside and out. The road handling is very good and makes tring to get more out of the car. So far, it is a very good choice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.