Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Amazing car
By Scott Jacob

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked for a very long time to get this car. I bought it with the Rockford stereo, which was a must, and complete with all the options. I was reluctant at first to buy any car with a 4 cylinder, but was very satisfied after driving mine. It did not take long to figure out that it has an amazing ride, as well as, all the power and handling anyone could ask for. This will not be my last Mitsubishi I promise you that.

Favorite Features

I love the ride as well as the complete riding experience. I also love the Rockford sound system, which anyone should request when purchasing one of these vehicles. and do not be afraid of the small engine, it is plenty

Suggested Improvements

I agree with everyone else that the interior plastic does scratch easily, but i was able to take care of almost all the scratches by using armor all and only very little will remain visible. I would also like a little higher mileage, but am getting right around 30 mpg.

First Time Like it.
By Fawad Q

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well i went to buy a Tibron but end up with 07 Eclipse, Nice Car, First time own a 2dr. Sport like car. It's not really a Sports car but its act like it. Sound System, design, Wheels, All around is good car. I did some long trips and very comfortable. It has more room then TC, Tibron for back seats, and really its an Head turner. I bought in 4 cyl. wish bought it in 6 cyl. and 6 speed Manual. Next Time. So if you like style Modifications Oh yes! Forget about Honda, Toyota, Get this one with 10 years of warranty... wowo... see you around.

Favorite Features

Styling, Modifications.

Suggested Improvements

Tires are bad and need little tighter suspension.

Excellent, Fun Car-Short & Long Distance
By Stacy Wiley

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car brand new off the lot in 2006. I have been driving it for two years now and would not give it up for the world. I love the comfort, sportiness, and sexiness it gives me on the road. The power is excellent for a four cylinder, although I do notice a sluggish start when running the A/C on high from a dead stop. Long distance drives have not left me with the "numb butt" feeling. That was a plus. I average about 28-30 mpg in town, if driving casually. If I romp on it, I can almost see my gas gauge move! Driver tendencies depend on gas mileage. I love the interior, although the driver side door could have an elbow rest a little higher. Absolutely great car!

Favorite Features

Interior lights, exterior looks, sound system, and fold down seats are great. Pretty comfy to sleep on if you must, and I have twice. Steering wheel buttons are great for quick access.

Suggested Improvements

Sound proofing and blind spot redesign would be a plus. Small front windows on doors to open would be another plus. Passenger side leg room to match driver side leg room would be plus.

Hot Car!
By Debbi

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car is gorgeous and reliable. It's heavy and built solid like a tank, which makes me feel safe. The sound system is FANTASTIC! It's fun to drive and I always get lots of looks when I'm out and about in it. Luckily, I'm short so the car offers me lots of room. I hauled a 32 inch 100 lb tv in the trunk 220 miles to my brothers and had room left over for my luggage and dvd player. It's all in how you pack your cargo.

Favorite Features

Looks, sound system, dash and backlighting, 4cyl engine has pretty good power.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots (but that's the price you pay for hotness), interior plastics scratch too easily, fuel economy could be a little better, and the car seriously needs an ipod jack. Come on Mitsu, what were you thinking not adding an ipod jack?

Fun to Drive
By Great Ride

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse SE 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a really fun car to drive. Great body style, super sound system & pretty good gas mileage.