Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Love the eclipse!
By godzilla87

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second eclipse. My first one was a 2006 four cylinder. Unfortunately it was totaled in an accident. I missed it so much I went and got a 2007 GT. LOVE IT! The power and handling is amazing. People are always surprised with my takeoff speed. The Rockford fosgate stock system sounds amazing. Fun car to drive and always gets compliments!

Favorite Features

the body style, the color, speed, power and handling

Mimi the Mivec!
By mimi_the_mivec

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT used from a dealership in which the one owner of the car worked there. I bought it in 2011 with 80,400 miles on it. It's now almost 2015 with a tad bit over 108,000 miles and I've haven't had any issue with it. I've forgot to do oil changes thousands of miles overdue. It's started in nine degree weather fine. I've done over 100mph plenty of times and it was fine. I've been cars price range of $3K all the way to $280k and mine was the best! Yay Mitusbishi!

Favorite Features

The engine has been reliable. Seats are surprisingly great. I've had four people and a great dane in all at once. The speakers are best in class. I even put eye lashes on. I have the fog lights and they are a good bonus.

Suggested Improvements

I has a very wide turning radius.

Awesome car!
By liz85

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second car after my 02 chevy malibu. Wow! I love it! I average about 27 mpg. I recently took a 3,000 mile trip and this car was awesome! It handles corners amazingly, however, it's not as comfortable as a sedan on long trips (I was expecting it) but it wasn't too terrible. Backseat is very small. The eclipse is a two seater car with backseats. I was hesitant to get the automatic, but the sportstronic transmission is actually a lot of fun. I can't say enough good things about this car and it's certainly a head turner! I always get people trying to race me. The 4 cyl. certainly has more than enough power to get you off the starting line. I love it!

So much fun
By 4gcrazy

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car now for 3 1/2 years, got it with 64,000 miles on the odometer. it now sits just above 102,000 miles and has never let me down. I'm in the military and have moved state to state for years now. I have never had to replace a part in the engine; other than the normal stuff. recently i have begun to upgrade some parts of the engine and she still keeps on trucking taking what ever i throw at her. (dirt trail riding, a little bit of puddle crossing , and alot of track time) All in all i love this car. my first wife as I call her.

Favorite Features

gotta say my favorite feature would have to be the drivers seat. everything is right where you'd need it to be. the driver never has to reach for anything. you feel very much like you're in the cockpit of a jet plane, even more so when you stomp on the gas and it sets you back in your seat. the step-tronic feature is great for passing and daily driving, i love the control it gives back to the driver of automatic transmissions. Cargo space also, it has saved my life on too many occasions while pcs'ing to a new duty station.

Suggested Improvements

i'd love a little bit more horsepower stock and lower the rear to level out the car

Stong tuner
By smartautoguy

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

3.8 V6 pull hard! TCS works even in the snow.

Favorite Features

auto with manual shift(+/-)

Suggested Improvements

Navigation and standard Xenon lights!!