2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Best of Three Eclipses I've Owned
By Mitsuwomn on 11/17/07 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like a 'future car' both interior and exterior. The V6 engine is quite powerful & the car handles great. It is much tighter than the 3g version. It's my every day driver and it makes my commute fun!

Still the "Fun" Sport Coupe
By Masahiro on 09/18/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

It's been nearly one and a half years and 16000 miles since I purchased my Eclipse. So far, it still performs like it did when I first got it. It's running great! I'm totally satisfied with my vehicle. The only improvement I made last month was getting a new set of tires. Got the Kumho ultra high performance (slightly wider than the original Goodyears). And, it certainly was worth the money - rides even better! I'm hoping to get many more "fun" years with this Eclipse.

Love this car
By Lilgabri03 on 08/16/07 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought these car about a month ago and I have enjoyed it greatly. I am 22 and right out of college and I was looking for something sporty and nice, but at the same time that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Quite a decent car
By Erik on 07/24/07 22:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The new Mitsubishi Eclipse is a hit. The four cylinder loves to rev, has adequate performance. I have 15k on the car on everything is great on it. Everybody loves my car. People think it is nice. The quality of the interior is fairly good. The optional Rockford Fosgate system booms with sound. The ride is comfortable. The steering is nicely weighted. But I hope you don't plan on using that back seat. Only children or small toddlers can tolerate it. I'm over six foot, trust me, you'll go nuts in the back seat. When it comes to cargo time, this car ain't too bad. I hauled a new boxed computer in it and monitor and it fit just right. The car in my opinion is a car that is a looker.

This thing is amazing
By eclipseboi4u on 04/12/07 05:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is an amazing ride. It handles great and has one of the best safety ratings. Stock, its component sound system is great. I have completely redone new speakers all the way around plus 2 subs which improved the sound, which is great still using the factory head unit. The 4 wheel ABS with front wheel drive is great especially for those tight turns. As for a 2.4L 4 cyl with 162 horses under the hood isn't bad for a stock 4 cyl. Hey the gas mileage is great if you use premium gas. If you use low grade, you will burn gas faster and probably reduce your mpg by 5%. If you want to greatly improve your mpg horsepower and torque do what i did... add a cold air intake & full exhaust.

Fun to Drive
By royce on 03/29/07 23:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have thoroghly enjoyed this car my only problems have been the SRS system in the passenger seat. The car safety features are the most appealing. I was driving home from Cleveland when an ice/snow mix started falling. A vehicle spun out in front of me and I applied the brakes. That along with the traction control prevented a major accident.

My Eleventh Mitsubishi Eclipse
By Chanel on 03/12/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Of all the previous Eclipses I have owned, my '99 Spyder GST was always my favorite, until now. The '06 Eclipse GT drives like a dream. I have it in Liquid Silver (I should have bought black). I am thinking about having it painted Northstar White (the color of my '99 Spyder). I have received more compliments with this car than any other. My vehicle has dealer dark tint, and Mitsubishi sport pinstriping included. So Hot! The iPod in the glove box is HOT! This car has style, is sleek, and five of my friends purchased one within a week of me purchasing mine. This is my second 2006 Eclipse and I love them. BUY ONE!

Girly Looking Car that Kicks Butt
By carlos vega on 02/14/07 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Eclipse GT is a great car. It is a lot of fun and girls love it.

2006 Eclipse GT
By APB on 01/28/07 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Eclipse GT. The additional horsepower and torque are a welcome addition. The change to a sensor instead of manual throttle linkage spoils the driver's input on the manual transmission version. When the variable timing will kick in, becomes a guessing game and can have some unpredictable results. The lower first gear combined with 50-60 extra pounds of torque makes for a quick start, but during rush hour traffic, this is more of a hazard. Add bigger brakes for the extra weight. All of the new features related to computerization and sensors are probably better suited to the automatic transmission. They interfere with those of us that actually want to drive the car.

GS or GT?
By Jason S on 01/25/07 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

When I drove the GS I thought it was a pretty neat car. Then I made the mistake of driving the GT and had to fork over some more money to take that one. The ride is fairly quiet and it is great to drive. The interior at night is very pleasant on the eyes. The front seats are very comfortable!