Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

One Sleeper Of A Car
By randmanx

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car used for 14k. I wouldn't pay the price for it new as it's a loaded gt v6, but it's a solid choice for the price. It's very quick and puts a grin on my face every time I mash the accelerator! I had a 98 gsx that was totaled by a deer in December and never thought another car could top that one. But I'm sold, the 06 gt is way nicer.

Dash at night, price to own, stereo, heated seats

AWD

So So of a car
By DrWankel

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new gen GT with sun & sound pkg when it first came out and was enjoying it for awhile till just after 2 months the front brake rotors warped. Brought it in to the dealer and after threats I got the rotors warrantied. 2 months later again warped, replaced with aftermarket never again had a problem. The Radio? what's up with the display? my girl's saturn has a much better read out, I mean top of the line fact Rockford come on, bad design. NOT EVEN AN IPOD JACK (dealer offers an ipod setup for a cheap $230?!) For a car with its decent performance, the fact tires suck in every way I had to upgrade those too! Overall not impressed, I would never ever buy another.

Seats

Radio display! IPOD jack, fix the weak braking system and offer better tires for the GT

Pure Passion
By TB Hart

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior style of this vehicle is a stopper, inch for inch, its sleek and impressive lines has on more than I care to count explicit compliments from ladies and strangers on the street. The performance of this machine is so fantastic. When one needs power, there is more than one could hope for in a smaller vehicle. I have an automatic and can burn rubber when I punch it at 25 miles per hour. One minor downside is its blind spot, but the mirrors are well designed to compensate. When one sits in this car and turns on the dynamic sound system, one feels as if one is truly "one" with the vehicle. I love driving on winding, country roads..this baby hugs the pavement.

Style and power, it is all in this car.

Tire Wear
By Misty P. Toole

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car! I am on my second Eclipse-just love the RF music system, and the way you just want to drive this car constantly! The downside of the 2006 Eclipse GT is that the tires need to be replaced much too soon in comparison to other "Low Pro" enhanced vehicles.What ever happened to 36,000 miles for tire life expectancy? I have 11,000 miles on my car, and at $309 per tire? I hope that the new Chevy Camaro is out for my next purchase!

I love this car!
By ink

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2006 straight off the truck (literally). I'm one of about 5 people in a 50 mile radius that even owns a 4G Eclipse, there is no torque steer if you don't floor it from a dead stop. Handling issues are pretty much B.S., I took a turn going 60 mph with no problems haha, and I can go through curves at 75 mph, so whatever. Noisey exhaust? haha it's an import - hello!!!!

The engine!! omg :) The transmission shift is so easy. the exhaust sound is excellent

GPS (but I hear that this is a factory option on newer models)