Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

So So of a car
By DrWankel

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new gen GT with sun & sound pkg when it first came out and was enjoying it for awhile till just after 2 months the front brake rotors warped. Brought it in to the dealer and after threats I got the rotors warrantied. 2 months later again warped, replaced with aftermarket never again had a problem. The Radio? what's up with the display? my girl's saturn has a much better read out, I mean top of the line fact Rockford come on, bad design. NOT EVEN AN IPOD JACK (dealer offers an ipod setup for a cheap $230?!) For a car with its decent performance, the fact tires suck in every way I had to upgrade those too! Overall not impressed, I would never ever buy another.

Favorite Features

Seats

Suggested Improvements

Radio display! IPOD jack, fix the weak braking system and offer better tires for the GT

Pure Passion
By TB Hart

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior style of this vehicle is a stopper, inch for inch, its sleek and impressive lines has on more than I care to count explicit compliments from ladies and strangers on the street. The performance of this machine is so fantastic. When one needs power, there is more than one could hope for in a smaller vehicle. I have an automatic and can burn rubber when I punch it at 25 miles per hour. One minor downside is its blind spot, but the mirrors are well designed to compensate. When one sits in this car and turns on the dynamic sound system, one feels as if one is truly "one" with the vehicle. I love driving on winding, country roads..this baby hugs the pavement.

Favorite Features

Style and power, it is all in this car.

Tire Wear
By Misty P. Toole

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car! I am on my second Eclipse-just love the RF music system, and the way you just want to drive this car constantly! The downside of the 2006 Eclipse GT is that the tires need to be replaced much too soon in comparison to other "Low Pro" enhanced vehicles.What ever happened to 36,000 miles for tire life expectancy? I have 11,000 miles on my car, and at $309 per tire? I hope that the new Chevy Camaro is out for my next purchase!

I love this car!
By ink

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2006 straight off the truck (literally). I'm one of about 5 people in a 50 mile radius that even owns a 4G Eclipse, there is no torque steer if you don't floor it from a dead stop. Handling issues are pretty much B.S., I took a turn going 60 mph with no problems haha, and I can go through curves at 75 mph, so whatever. Noisey exhaust? haha it's an import - hello!!!!

Favorite Features

The engine!! omg :) The transmission shift is so easy. the exhaust sound is excellent

Suggested Improvements

GPS (but I hear that this is a factory option on newer models)

Stunning Car
By azkid

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is an extremely beautiful car. This would be my first car and i am very surprised by what this car has to offer. Sure the back seat is practically useless, but hey, it's a sports coupe! Go get a sedan if you're looking to haul around family and friends. This car gives pretty decent mileage and the turning radius is not as bad as everyone claims it to be. This car is an amazing value. Lots to offer for the price. The Gt has PLENTY of power and the sportronic transmission works very smoothly. Also, interior is stunning at night time. Wouldn't want any other car for a first car than the eclipse.

Favorite Features

The 650 watt Rockford Fosgate system is very clean and loud. The seats are very comfortable and the V6 engine makes the car ready to get up and go. Fun car to drive around town.

Suggested Improvements

Better stock brake system would be nice. The interior plastic could be reduced a bit and the car can definitely shed a few pounds. More storage would also be nice to have.