2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Tire Wear
By Misty P. Toole on 07/26/08 05:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car! I am on my second Eclipse-just love the RF music system, and the way you just want to drive this car constantly! The downside of the 2006 Eclipse GT is that the tires need to be replaced much too soon in comparison to other "Low Pro" enhanced vehicles.What ever happened to 36,000 miles for tire life expectancy? I have 11,000 miles on my car, and at $309 per tire? I hope that the new Chevy Camaro is out for my next purchase!

I love this car!
By ink on 06/17/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2006 straight off the truck (literally). I'm one of about 5 people in a 50 mile radius that even owns a 4G Eclipse, there is no torque steer if you don't floor it from a dead stop. Handling issues are pretty much B.S., I took a turn going 60 mph with no problems haha, and I can go through curves at 75 mph, so whatever. Noisey exhaust? haha it's an import - hello!!!!

Stunning Car
By azkid on 06/01/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is an extremely beautiful car. This would be my first car and i am very surprised by what this car has to offer. Sure the back seat is practically useless, but hey, it's a sports coupe! Go get a sedan if you're looking to haul around family and friends. This car gives pretty decent mileage and the turning radius is not as bad as everyone claims it to be. This car is an amazing value. Lots to offer for the price. The Gt has PLENTY of power and the sportronic transmission works very smoothly. Also, interior is stunning at night time. Wouldn't want any other car for a first car than the eclipse.

GT Auto
By Decseh on 05/16/08 21:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Hot looking car, very fun to drive. Car is hungry to go fast all the time. The 5 speed auto with sportshift is fun to drive, if you leave it in auto mode it shifts fast to provide better speed/acceleration. Awesome sound system. Nice leather interior. Great for someone who just rides themselves or maybe one other person. For 263 hp the cars gas mileage isn't too bad. I drive mostly city and I'm getting about 16-17 mpg and probably about 25 on the highway. That's driving with a lead foot too. I don't want to get rid of this car because there's not another car on the market that compares to it. Goes great in the winter as well with the FWD system.

Ammar
By Ammar on 04/29/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car. Fun to drive. Very good looking and awesome stereo. Great for sports car lovers who r not willing to spend a lot.

Beautiful Car
By LoCo68 on 04/21/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Couldn't wait for this to come out and I bought one of the first 2006 models on the market in June of '05. Owned an Eagle Talon in '92. Decided on the 4cyl due to the gas mileage. The car takes curves nicely and there is no lack of power. Wish I had upgraded to the 6c and the better sound system.

Eclipse Machoman
By Alex on 04/02/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I am sales representative for computer products in Puerto Rico and my GT 2006 has 98000 miles without any problems.

Love my Eclipse GT Special Edition "RV"
By Speedy Cowgirl on 12/05/07 15:42 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

After a decked out 300M "couch on wheels," I didn't think I'd be happy with a small car. The Eclipse is stronger than my 300M was, and very sharp looking with the ground effects. I LIVE in my car (thus the RV part of my title). I drive 130 miles/day round trip to work. 2000-mile roundtrip road trips a couple of times/year, without disappointment; 50000 in 20 months! It has excellent handling and performance, although difficult to park. It consistently gets 28 mpg as long as I don't drive like a fool. Seat heat & "vibrating massage" from the 650w speaker are also nice on road trips. The car is built for one person, although passenger will enjoy seat heat/leg room, but no power seat.

Happy With the Car.
By BartD on 12/03/07 08:48 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the car for almost 2 years. I have had no mechanical problems with it and still has the same power as when I got it from the dealer. The only problem was my driver seat motor broke, and squeaky brakes. But all were replaced under warranty. I'm happy with the car, but I am getting tired of squeezing passengers in. The road/wind noise is also starting to get to me. When you first purchase the car your notice the wheel gap is huge. While on the mitsu posters/commercials there is none. Lower the car to make it look better. I have gotten nothing but compliments for this car. It is great,strong engine, quality seats, and fun to drive but it is not very economical

Best of Three Eclipses I've Owned
By Mitsuwomn on 11/17/07 08:21 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like a 'future car' both interior and exterior. The V6 engine is quite powerful & the car handles great. It is much tighter than the 3g version. It's my every day driver and it makes my commute fun!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.