Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

MANY improvements!
By Michele, FL

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving Mitsubishi cars since 1994. Most of those years I have driven the Eclipse. (2004 I had the Outlander XLT, nice SUV! But I did not like how an SUV is blown around on the highway by winds). I have NEVER had an engine problem with any of my Mistsubishis, but did have problems with the quality of the bodies (only in the Eclipse) and loose handeling. This year's model has MANY improvements from those in the past! It has MANY more saftey features, like WINDOW airbags, as well as front and side airbags. This year's body feels much more secure on the road, it is MUCH tighter. The body is of a higher quality also. It also has much more of a "sports car" feel and look. I have to say I love the car.

Favorite Features

The stereo audio controls on the back of the steering wheel are GREAT. They are placed next to your fingertips NOT your thumbs like others! I like how it ights up blue inside. I love the new look of the back end, my Burnt Orange color, and 17 inch alloy wheels! This car is very tight on the road! The in-dash 6 CD/MP3 player is great.

Suggested Improvements

This is tough, they got it this time! If anything, improve the looks of the the computer for the compass/temp/sterero, have it light up in blue instead of the gray/black. There's not much to improve, Mitsubishi did a great job on this car.

2006 Eclipse - Buy It!
By Mike R

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This mid 40's male retires the family minivan to buy the Eclipse GS manual trans (couldn't afford a Porsche). I got both the Sun & Sound and Accessory packages, which both add nice features. The GS is more than peppy enough around town to get me into trouble, but it could use a few more HP on the highway to pass. It really begins to shine on twisty backroads. Its acceleration, handling, and braking are all excellent. This car is built very well - no squeaks or rattles. Its fit and finish are execellent. The ride is a little harsh depending on road surface, but hey, it's a sports car. It is a real head turner and it's even got a little growl from the intake/exhaust. It is very fun to drive! Compared to the Mustang, RX8 and 305Z - this is a much better value.

Favorite Features

Ultra Red Pearl is a great color, steering wheel audio controls are convienient, all controls are logical, at 6' don't need to put the seat all the way back but not much headroom with sunroof, very little body roll on cornering, kids fit in back for around town use, fold down seats expand cargo area....

Suggested Improvements

Improved door pocket storage, left arm rest for driver (window ledge is high), auto door locks, side mirror placement too far back (shorter drivers will have a problem), needs lower grill, reduce glare on gauges during daytime (night lighting is great)

What a Car!
By carol mcmenamin

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I am thrilled with the new design of the Eclipse. It handles so well and is fun to drive. Everyone turns and does a double take when I drive by. The interior is so different, it has motorcycle gauges. This car isn't just for teens, adults love it too. I even bought my husband one.

Favorite Features

The style and suede and leather interior (terracotta).

Suggested Improvements

The blind spots.

23 years later and it is a whole new Mitsubishi
By David M. L.

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I swore I would never buy another Mitsubishi after a disaster with an '83 Cordia; but, I was seduced by the looks of the brand new 2006 Eclipse. I put aside my misgivings and bought a 4 cyl. GS -- And, I am blown away by the power, feel, quality, and so far reliability of this wonderful car. Don't believe the reviews that say a 4 cyl. auto. has no power. This car has plenty and with $3.00 + gas it is very thrifty. I got the fog lights installed along with the very reasonably priced optional power & sun package and I have a car that is HOT! People can't believe it only cost in the low $20's. I love it and think I really scored! It is sporty enough and my wife agrees!

Favorite Features

The looks, overall fit & finish, all the goodies including outside temp and compass and awesome stereo, and just the loaded qualities. This car is practical with its hatchback and small but useful backseat. Our dog loves that!

Suggested Improvements

The engine sound is mechanical and not impressive but does not lack power or response. The ride is sometimes harsh on bad roads but it is designed to be a sporty car and we new that going into the purchase. it is what we wanted.

Awesome Eclipse
By sexie 06

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Mitsubishi Eclipse in 10 years, and it is by far the best one I have ever owned. The design is on the money. It is HOT! It is sporty, sleek, and just glides on the road. It also is easy to handle (and easy to get a ticket in if you aren't careful). I just tinted the windows and had a set of 'hook up' rims on it. The Eclipse has always been my favorite car. It is comfortable to ride in. I would recommend to any single lady or guy (it is a great pick-up car).

Favorite Features

It still has plenty of cargo space in rear. I love the clear tail lights. The gas mileage is wonderful. The inside looks like an aircraft with all of the blue lights in it. It is just a sharp car all the way around.

Suggested Improvements

It really needs just a little more room in the back seat. The noise has got to go! Should have put some type of coating under it to decrease the noise.