Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Overall A Good Buy
By joey45

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive and a headturner for sure. I have 62K on the car and have had virtually no problems except one big problem. My breaks became spongy after 50K. Since it was past the 5 year warrenty I had to pay for the repairs myself. Bleeding the breaks worked for a few months, then the problem came back. Next, it was thought to be the master cylinder, that was replaced and then the problem came back after a few months. Now all thats left is the booster, which may be faulty. So overall this problem is going to end up costing me over $800. Also outside trim/molding for this car is HORRBle. It was worn out after only 6 1/2 years. Cost to fix? $925

Suggested Improvements

They need to use better components when building the car.

Addicted to driving it!
By wattage3

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Its been three months now and I still am looking for excuses to drive my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I get compliments everywhere I go. I do not way regret in anyway choosing this car.

Favorite Features

I love everything about it, the looks and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Larger storage areas in the doors.

Transmission Problems at 4,200 Miles
By c130crewchief79

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, I love the car's design and it's fun to drive, but I got the manual transmission for the fun of the drive. I know how to drive a stick as I grew up doing so. At 4,200 miles my clutch decided to go out along with all the components associated. Mitsubishi decided that it was aparrently my fault, not that it might be the design (which I had a Nascar tech tell me was going to be a problem three days after I got it, during an interview for school). Anyway I forked out almost $1,000 and that's after I got a price break because I knew a maintenace person at the dealer. Any way they fixed it. Two days later it was back in the shop. The flywheel was making a loud noise and in neutral my clutch is burning. I rate the transmission pack a 2.

Favorite Features

The Sound and Sun pack.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission needs a major redesign,.

Another Disappointment on the 4th Generation Eclipse
By 4gen eclipse

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The performance is alright, not as good as advertised of course. This car is not comfortable and gets terrible gas mileage with its 3.8L engine. if attention-getting is considered fun, then I suppose driving this uncomfortable 4th generation Eclipse is somewhat ~fun~. This car has tire-chirp, understeer, small rear window (no wiper), blind-spots. The build-quality is just like every other Mitsubishi, poor. I have so much regret for wasting time on waiting for this disappointment. I should've gone with either an Infiniti G35 Coupe, or an Acura RSX-S.

Favorite Features

interior looks simple but modern, seems like a harf-done ferrari. two color seats are cool, if that suppose to add any horse, or reduce any weight. tire-chirping at launch is kinda cool, if show-off owns you rather than true performance.

Suggested Improvements

Too much torque for a FWD, a lot of understeer, LSD, RWD, weight reduction. If I had never seen the Con-E at the autoshow, I'd never buy a mitsubishi car, but this production version really diasspointed me, it looks like a half-grown from concept-E.

Horrible Car
By Tim Harrison

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT couldn't be any uglier or cheaply made! Mitsubishi has out done itself again by creating an even uglier car than the last. I bought this car for my wife and it has to be a sign of the end for Mitsubishi. We have had problem after problem with it. The interior is a step up from a Dodge Neon, good luck with this junk.

Favorite Features

The tires! That's about as good as it gets.

Suggested Improvements

Start from the back of the car and work your way forward.