Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Fun Sports Coupe
By Masahiro

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I've been following the Eclipse since 8/05, and finally purchased the '06 Eclipse GT (6-seepd man.) in June after reading several reviews and a few car magazine articles. I test drove the Audi TT Coupe in 5/06, and was impressed. Then, I drove the Eclipse the following week. Again, I was impressed! If money wasn't an issue, I'd buy the Audi TT. Not because of any quality issues, but because it came in AWD. For the price, however, the Eclipse was a much better buy. It's also a sharper looking coupe than the TT - it really gets noticed! In our household, we have an '00 Nissan Maxima SE and an '03 Nissan Sentra SE- R Spec-V (6-speed.man.) But, they are not even close to my new Eclipse in performance!

Its power and performance are great! It has very comfortable seats. I love how it looks. The optional upgraded audio system is pretty awesome.

I wish it was available in AWD. I had to really get used to the side view mirrors, which are set a bit too far back.

Like my Eclipse
By JMRO

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had been interested in an Eclipse for several years. Now that Mitsubishi has built a serious sports coupe, I decided to purchase. And, I am glad that I did!

Its performance is great.

Fix the blind spots and the placement of the side view mirrors.

Great Car
By Kia

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I have this car for a month and I have put 1,200 mills on it. I love driving this car. It's beautiful, comfortable, and fast. I very much like the new designe of the new Eclipse, it very much looks like the 350Z and the Audi TT or even the Mazda RX-8.

The tiptonic transmission is great feauture and also the stereo is great.

Make it faster.

Love this car!
By Kina k

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the '06 6 speed Eclipse GT, and this car can move! I really like the fact that the car can accelerate to a high rate of speed so quickly. I have the aero kit, and it sets the car apart from the others out there, all of the ones I've seen did not have the kit. The Eclipse is a lot of car for the money. It is a better value than Nissan's Z; it is faster overall than Honda's Accord; and has a much better warranty than Ford's Mustang. What else needs to be said?

The stereo is the BOMB! It has surround sound settings! Stage, live, hall and normal settings gives the music different sound qualities. I also like the heated seats, it comes in handy at night with the sunroof and windows open. The looks of the clear rear lights; the blue instrument panel lights.

The two things that this car lacks, are basically the same, there needs to be interior remote hatch relese buttons for both the fuel door and the rear hatch. There is one for the hood of the car, but someone forgot the other two. Also, can someone say satalite radio?

The pursuit of perfection
By MIKE

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love the looks and the handling of the '06 Eclipse, and the safety features it offers are the best, especially for a sports car. It is comfortable and fast. My wife is in love with this car. The audio system is excellent.

The sunset color, stability, and aero package.