2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
2006 Eclipse GS Review
By rasonjason92 on 08/08/05 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The design and overall performance of this car are outstanding. However the craftsmanship is a little lacking. With in two weeks of my purchase the passenger side door started to rust, and now the dashpad has started to bubble a little. But overall I am happy with my purchase.

Fun Car
By timm on 08/03/05 22:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT is a really fun car. It drives really smoothly, has great power and is surprisingly very comfortable.

Great Car!
By Newbie on 08/02/05 18:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. Not only is it a head turner because of its wonderful exterior design, but it's very responsive and has excellent handling. When I got behind the wheel for the first time, I was surprised, although it is a 4-cylinder, it truly is a sports car.

About as good as it gets
By EclipseGT01022 on 08/01/05 09:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

For performance, comfort and style, there is nothing that compares to the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT in its class. The two other cars that were considered (Acura RSX Type S, Ford Mustang V6), they were either slower or simply offed much less for what their asking price was. For $23,000 (base 6 speed Eclipse GT), you get WELL above average acceleration, gobs of low and mid-range torque, and super fuel economy (85% highway / 15% city nets my Eclipse @ 30MPG!, consistantly). Handling is very secure. The interior is simplistic, yet different with lots of character. Best of all, the quality is excellent inside. Long distance driving is second nature with its Recardo-style bucket seats. Buy it!

a real head turner
By Randall on 07/20/05 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I had an '01 Eclipse (version 3) and had no intention of getting another one. It's not that it was a bad car, but just wanted a bit more. Well... the '06 Eclipse (version 4) has that bit more! Huge power increase! Unbelievable stereo! Fantastic new design modled after the Eclipse version two. This version is slightly bigger than the past car so there is a bit more head room and leg room. Other than two recalls (for the same brake problem), I am a very happy new Eclipse driver.

HOT
By Louis on 07/19/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is so hot! It has lots of power and the car looks HOT!! Plenty of room, love the sound system. 6 air bags + ABS.

Love thec ar; it's fun and eye looker
By Sandy on 07/19/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car is beautiful. Went from a truck to this new look. It is fast, great to look at and fun to drive.

Naaa
By Miguel on 07/15/05 21:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a new model yes, but don't let the looks fool you. I rather perfer the '99 model, in all ways except for the stereo system, but as of now with all new cars, the stereo systems are at their supreme sound quality.

2006 Eclipse GT
By usmcweathr on 07/14/05 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Have only had for 2 weeks and have only put 445 miles on it but so far I love it. I like the red/blue dash lights. The drivers seat is very comfortable although I have not taken it on any long trips yet. Gas mileage could be better but if I was really concerned about it I would not of got it. Forget about putting anyone in the back seat. Where I have the drivers seat there is about 2 inches left. It's very fun to drive and is fast. The car really takes off in 2nd and 3rd at 4,000 rpm's. I got the Rockford/fosgate system and it sounds great. Overall this is a great car so far and I would recommend it to anyone looking at them.

This car may very well save Mitsubishi!
By Seadofan on 07/11/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased in mid-June. I just love this car! It reminds me of my '95 Eclipse GSX. This is the fourth Eclipse I've owned. Interior style updated with driver ergonomics in mind. Spacious interior (salesman says car is wider than Ford Explorer) with sexy body lines make this one a real looker. Ride is firm with only a touch of torque steer. 350Z & G35 both exceed price of the Eclipse. Living in the midwest, I have to consider performance in winter conditions. FWD Eclipse handling in adverse conditions trumps RWD 350Z & G35's handling. Dealer called me to advise of recall on master cylinder, offered a free loaner so I could do errands during repair. Kudos on customer service!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.