Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

I Love It
By Kryto76

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The only thing I wish that Mitsubishi had done was let the fog lamps stay on if you pressed the button. Instead you have to turn them on all the time when you turn on the head lamps. Also, this car needs an MP3 jack for the iPod.

The overall design is freaking flawless.

Add an MP3 jack and fog lamp button.

Sporty, Nice, Roomy, Sexy, Car
By Ryan

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This car is great! One thing to note is the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. In Denver Colorado with a stock car I can pull a 6.3 0-60 and a 14.99 1/4 at 96.8 MPH at the track. I raced an Audi A-6 2.7 V6 Twin-Turbo with an automatic transmission. The Eclipse is faster off the line and will hold the A6 through the quarter, assuming you don't burn out too much. I also raced an '04 mustang GT with exhaust. We were neck and neck, I could not tell who was ahead. I love this car, I use it for work, It is an eye catcher. Everybody always complements me, and to be honest it rides nicely. It's a tad heavy up front but handles quite well. I recommend jumping up to 18" rims with wider tires.

The 3.8L V6 engine.

Limited slip would help with the torqe steer.

Fun in the Sun!
By mike4usc99

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car gets as many looks as a Ferrari. I've had nothing but great things to say about my 2006 automatic Eclipse GS. I purchased the Sun & Sound Package (sunroof and powered subwoofer) which makes all the difference if you're a music fan! Many people have complained about the blind spots when changing lanes, but you pretty much get used to it after a while. The back seats are really for small children, adults will be very cramped. The back seats fold down which allows for a great deal of trunk space for those who need it! The interior is great and the blue lights on the dash are something else. I drive pretty conservatively and usually get around 23 MPG. I love the car!

The blue lights on the dash, overall look and design of the car, modern and comfortable interior, tip-tronic gear shifting, powerful AC which cools car instantly, rear window wiper, and lots of trunk space.

It should get slightly better gas mileage, have a 5-speed automatic instead of its 4-speed, minimize the blind spots, and add more passenger leg room.

Style and quality - the Eclipse
By Bob

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Eclipse is the most beautiful car on the road bar none, at any price. It is a sculpted work of art that drives. I love it. It has more of a head-jerk factor than cars costing $100,000 more. I am disappointed in the gas mileage it is giving me - I am getting around 16 - 17 in the city, tis is for a 4-cyl. stick without running the a/c and not getting on it. The results on the highway arn't much better - maybe 24. It is geared pretty low. But I can't not love it, even with the terrible gas mileage. It is too nice.

I love how it has a 4 wheel disc and independant suspension in a $20,000 car. The standard interior is tough and beautiful. Miotsubishi cut no corners. This car is an excellent value and the finish is supurb - tight, solid, beautiful attention to detail.

It needs a locking gas cap with remote opening. I am very surprised that Mitsubishi left this feature out. It could use additional sound insulation. Highway driving gets a little loud.

Hot Car...Equals Hot Chicks!
By Moe

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The '06 Mitsubishi Eclipse is a great car, I just picked her up on Friday (7/14). It's been nothing but fun. I get great compliments from random people. The car is really quick. Also, it's an official chick magnet. If you want to be the guy/girl that wants to stand out on the road, this is the way to go!

The body style, Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker stereo system, 3.8 V6 engine, and the sweet handling. I love the way the engine revs.

Lower gap between wheels and body. Also, I don't really like the steering wheel controls. I am used to ones that you are able to see, they should have included HID's.