2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews 10

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
2006 Eclipse 6 SPD
By Ken on 12/07/05 13:37 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I put 135,000 miles on a 1996 Eclipse GST-5 spd. I have waited for years for a satisfactory replacement in terms of performance, looks and being fun to drive. The 2006 Eclipse GT fits! It has so much torque at the low end! I love upshifting at 2,000 RPM, just to feel the incredible torque! VITEC kicks in at about 4,000 RPM. I hit 4,000 RPM so seldom I'm always stunned at the extra power. The owner's manual states max MPH per gear as 55 (2nd), 80 (3rd), 108 (4th). This is ~6,000 RPM. These are reasonable speeds as HP peaks at 5750 and engine is red lined at 6500. At any speed between 15-100, the drive train is happy in any of 3 gears! Pay very close attention when down shifting though as it's easy to get cross the gate and get 3rd instead of 5th, or 2nd instead of 4th.

Nice GT Ride
By XYZ on 12/06/05 01:30 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT is a nice ride. I have only done city driving, I can't wait for a mountain ride this weekend. It has lots of low end torque, and it pulls it to the right when pressing the acceleration. The sporty ride is comfortable for long jaunts and the 6-speed manual transmission is very very fun to drive. The interiors, are clean, minimalistic, and functional, including the back seat. You can only fit two adults comfortably, however you can fold the split rear seats for cargo space. It's a little wide, however it's a Galant with a different body, and sportier suspension, which is not a bad thing. The body style is modern, it's an American sized GT coupe. I am looking forward to a road trip to try it out.

Powerful
By Very Hot Car on 11/09/05 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT is at the top of it's class. it is great looking inside and out and has awesome power. I would put this car up against most other cars on the road today. it is extremely quick off the line and has smooth on the highway. It handles great. Did I mention the power? This is the perfect sports car. I had a BMW 328 Coupe before this car and by far the 2006 Eclipse is better and faster. I highly recommend it.

WOW!
By Adam on 10/30/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

For the price, the 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT is the best car out there. It has an awesome warranty, looks at least $10,000 expensive more than it is. A dude at the gas station looked shocked when he asked about the price and I said that I got it for around $20,000. This car is nice and fast. It is one of the best looking cars out on the road. It provides great comfort for front passengers, but the rear seats are just for show (that's why it's not a 10). It has a good sized trunk for lugging around my hockey equipment. Mine is the awesome new color of pearlescent orange (think metallic orange that looks red at night and bright orange in sunlight)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By Chris on 10/30/05 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle gets everyone's attention. I'm stopped all the time and even asked if they can photograph my Eclipse because it's so sporty and appealing.

Practically Perfect
By drc on 10/05/05 08:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had three other Eclipses - a 1992, which I traded after a few months for an identical model that was turbocharged, and then a 2000 Eclipse GT. This one is obviously the best of the bunch. Every feature, from the radio to the door locks to the dash to the seats to the glove box - everything - is better than the previous model, and I liked my 2000 very much. I can say that I have had absolutely no mechanical problems with any of my Eclipses. I drove the last one over five years and only changed the oil and the tires. They have been totally problem free. I cross shopped this with the Nissan 350Z - too many tire problems, and the Chrylser Crossfire - which I decided was too small.

WOW
By KWL33181 on 09/30/05 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 6-speed, and WOW. It is extremely fast, and fun. Finding a dealer to give me the price I wanted was the hard part, but know it will be not getting too many tickets. I look forward to racing it in the SCCA, should be fun. It took me four weeks to get this car, hard to get all the options I wanted, but it was well worth the wait.

Zippity do dah
By Purchasinggirl on 09/29/05 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car! I have had people stop and take pictures of it with their cell phones. I am always being stopped and asked if that's the new Eclipse. The interior lights are great. The down side is that it is hard to backup because of the rear visibility. There is basically no back seat and it is difficult for tall people to fit in the front. I would have liked to have automatic door locks which is not an option. I feel safer knowing my doors have locked for me when I put the car in park. Let's not forget the stereo rocks!

Best Sports Coupe Around for $23,500
By Mike on 09/27/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I originally was looking to buy a Scion tC or Acura RSX until I went and saw the new 2006 Eclipse. The new body style looks GREAT. It looks more like how the old ones used to look. The interior is nothing but stellar. With a 162HP, it moves around pretty quickly...I'd say 0-60 in about 6.5 to 7.0 seconds. The Independent suspension makes cornering childs-play even at high speeds! The fact that it comes standard with side impact airbags, in addition to side curtain and front air bags is a big plus! If you're into music, you won't be disapointed with some lame stereo system. I have been rather impressed with the 650- watt Rockford Fosgate audio system with nine speakers and a 10-inch subwoofer. A+++++++

Better Looks, Better Performance
By Mitch from DC on 09/21/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My new 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS has been great. With its new interior and exterior design, it causes people to ask about it and forces many stares. Pros would have to be that at least the front of the car is comfortable, but the back could use some more space. The Rockford Fosgate stereo with the 6-CD changer is a must. Other than a big turning radius everything else has been fine.