2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Explore other options
By Jeremy on 01/19/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and recently my car was tied up at a dealership for 4.5 mo. for an input shaft bearing that failed, ruining my input shaft seal, clutch and burned my flywheel. NONE WAS COVERED UNDER THE 10yr/100,000mile powertrain warranty you are supposed to get with the vehicle! The interior is easily marked, scratched. Cheap materials on panels and dash. Gauges are accurate, suspension is ok, I've driven better, and worse for stock. Wheel well gap looks a little funny unless you lower the car or larger rims. I would advise looking at other options or be aware of possible bills with this car. hope this helps.

Transmission Problems at 4,200 Miles
By c130crewchief79 on 09/29/06 04:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, I love the car's design and it's fun to drive, but I got the manual transmission for the fun of the drive. I know how to drive a stick as I grew up doing so. At 4,200 miles my clutch decided to go out along with all the components associated. Mitsubishi decided that it was aparrently my fault, not that it might be the design (which I had a Nascar tech tell me was going to be a problem three days after I got it, during an interview for school). Anyway I forked out almost $1,000 and that's after I got a price break because I knew a maintenace person at the dealer. Any way they fixed it. Two days later it was back in the shop. The flywheel was making a loud noise and in neutral my clutch is burning. I rate the transmission pack a 2.

Style and quality - the Eclipse
By Bob on 07/22/06 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Eclipse is the most beautiful car on the road bar none, at any price. It is a sculpted work of art that drives. I love it. It has more of a head-jerk factor than cars costing $100,000 more. I am disappointed in the gas mileage it is giving me - I am getting around 16 - 17 in the city, tis is for a 4-cyl. stick without running the a/c and not getting on it. The results on the highway arn't much better - maybe 24. It is geared pretty low. But I can't not love it, even with the terrible gas mileage. It is too nice.

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
By mecks one on 06/01/06 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 4-cyl. version of this car isn't so bad, but it does have its problems. The fuel economy for one is garbage and I don't know when it will get to the actually mpg the sticker states. The exterior of course is great and unique. The engine is noisy when up to about 3,500 rpm and then worse when shifting. I need to change the exhaust and the intake to atleast make the sound somewhat better. The brakes already scream and this was at about 2,000 miles. The fwd on this car may cause the steering to stick if you punch too hard on a turn. Also, it is hard to start at times. In all honesty this is a great car and with a few mods (which they need to come out with faster) things should be great..

2006 Eclipse - Buy It!
By Mike R on 05/01/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This mid 40's male retires the family minivan to buy the Eclipse GS manual trans (couldn't afford a Porsche). I got both the Sun & Sound and Accessory packages, which both add nice features. The GS is more than peppy enough around town to get me into trouble, but it could use a few more HP on the highway to pass. It really begins to shine on twisty backroads. Its acceleration, handling, and braking are all excellent. This car is built very well - no squeaks or rattles. Its fit and finish are execellent. The ride is a little harsh depending on road surface, but hey, it's a sports car. It is a real head turner and it's even got a little growl from the intake/exhaust. It is very fun to drive! Compared to the Mustang, RX8 and 305Z - this is a much better value.

Head Turner
By D Storm on 04/02/06 22:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The first thing I can say is while sitting at a red light in my new Eclipse a guy in a new Corvette pulled up beside me, is all smiles and says hey nice car! The new styling is great. The power that the GS 5M delivers is incredible for a 4-cylinder. So they have it governed at a top speed of around 122 mph! It handles incredibly; the purr of the exhaust can be heard throughout your drive. If you love to drive and love to have a little bit of attention I recommend buying it.

Addicted to driving it!
By wattage3 on 03/02/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Its been three months now and I still am looking for excuses to drive my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I get compliments everywhere I go. I do not way regret in anyway choosing this car.

We Luv It
By argentum on 01/29/06 20:08 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK. So Car and Driver and Motor Trend hate this car. Consumer Reports didn't care much for it either. This fifty year old couple read the positive consumer reviews here and at CU, threw caution to the wind after test driving one, and bought it. Well, what's not to like? Aside from good looks, the Eclipse runs and rides just fine. It's way smoother and quieter than the Acura RSX-S that we just finished leasing. The five speed stick is a breeze, the ride is composed and handling is surprisingly tight. I prefer the good low end torque to high revving horsepower. Get the upgraded Rockford- Fosgate sound system. It blows away the Acura Bose.

Nice Machine
By Blue06Eclipse on 01/24/06 15:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well It's been six months now, and my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse still continues to amaze me. It gets looks everywhere, and compliments like you wouldn't believe. I love just driving it to work, it's so comfortable. it is a n nice redesign compared to the 2001 model that I had previously. It really is an amazing difference.

I Love My Eclipse
By tomickey on 01/23/06 01:18 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS for about three months now and I love it! Every time I look at it I just have to smile. The drive is tight and it just cruises down the road. I couldn't ask for a better ride. I wasn't looking to buy a car right now, but when I saw the '06 Eclipse I just had to get it. Everyone one in my family wants to try and steal it. People stop me all the time to say "Nice Car!" people call it my Porshe but cheaper. The interior is nice and who cares about the back seat it's just me and my car. The radio system is nice even for the basic model. The visability is fine, that is something I expected in a sports car I had a hard time finding my car in a 5-speed and blue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.