Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

I love this car
By Kurtis Kelley

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i absolutely love this cari an a die hard chevrolet fan but I saw this little spieys car had to have it I own newer monte carlo with the big v-6 and this little 4banger will leave it in the dust I'm a retired 40 year old military vet and I'd buy another eclipse today

Explore other options
By Jeremy

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and recently my car was tied up at a dealership for 4.5 mo. for an input shaft bearing that failed, ruining my input shaft seal, clutch and burned my flywheel. NONE WAS COVERED UNDER THE 10yr/100,000mile powertrain warranty you are supposed to get with the vehicle! The interior is easily marked, scratched. Cheap materials on panels and dash. Gauges are accurate, suspension is ok, I've driven better, and worse for stock. Wheel well gap looks a little funny unless you lower the car or larger rims. I would advise looking at other options or be aware of possible bills with this car. hope this helps.

Transmission Problems at 4,200 Miles
By c130crewchief79

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

OK, I love the car's design and it's fun to drive, but I got the manual transmission for the fun of the drive. I know how to drive a stick as I grew up doing so. At 4,200 miles my clutch decided to go out along with all the components associated. Mitsubishi decided that it was aparrently my fault, not that it might be the design (which I had a Nascar tech tell me was going to be a problem three days after I got it, during an interview for school). Anyway I forked out almost $1,000 and that's after I got a price break because I knew a maintenace person at the dealer. Any way they fixed it. Two days later it was back in the shop. The flywheel was making a loud noise and in neutral my clutch is burning. I rate the transmission pack a 2.

The Sound and Sun pack.

The transmission needs a major redesign,.

Style and quality - the Eclipse
By Bob

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Eclipse is the most beautiful car on the road bar none, at any price. It is a sculpted work of art that drives. I love it. It has more of a head-jerk factor than cars costing $100,000 more. I am disappointed in the gas mileage it is giving me - I am getting around 16 - 17 in the city, tis is for a 4-cyl. stick without running the a/c and not getting on it. The results on the highway arn't much better - maybe 24. It is geared pretty low. But I can't not love it, even with the terrible gas mileage. It is too nice.

I love how it has a 4 wheel disc and independant suspension in a $20,000 car. The standard interior is tough and beautiful. Miotsubishi cut no corners. This car is an excellent value and the finish is supurb - tight, solid, beautiful attention to detail.

It needs a locking gas cap with remote opening. I am very surprised that Mitsubishi left this feature out. It could use additional sound insulation. Highway driving gets a little loud.

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
By mecks one

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 4-cyl. version of this car isn't so bad, but it does have its problems. The fuel economy for one is garbage and I don't know when it will get to the actually mpg the sticker states. The exterior of course is great and unique. The engine is noisy when up to about 3,500 rpm and then worse when shifting. I need to change the exhaust and the intake to atleast make the sound somewhat better. The brakes already scream and this was at about 2,000 miles. The fwd on this car may cause the steering to stick if you punch too hard on a turn. Also, it is hard to start at times. In all honesty this is a great car and with a few mods (which they need to come out with faster) things should be great..

The exterior styling, rear lights, seats, and speedometer.

Give it a new catback system, headers, intake, tint, HIDs, drop, cross drilled rotors, pretty much the basics.