Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Nice car
By Vaughn

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for 2 days and am burning too much fuel from driving it all the time. My biggest problem with this car I'd that it takes premium fuel. Other than that it is close to perfect. The mirrors are small and the back window does not have great visibility but it is possible to see what is behind you. The interior lighting is beautiful with all the blue gauges and red needles.

I love this car
By Kurtis Kelley

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i absolutely love this cari an a die hard chevrolet fan but I saw this little spieys car had to have it I own newer monte carlo with the big v-6 and this little 4banger will leave it in the dust I'm a retired 40 year old military vet and I'd buy another eclipse today

Amazing Car.
By ├śmar Chafee

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had a dark red 06 Eclipse GT with that "rare" black strip going down the front bumper. It was a beautiful car I bought a nice spoiler for it too. It really drove great, I had it from 75 K miles to 115 K miles until it was hit by a drunk driver, totaling it. It gave me small minor problems throughout the time I've had it but that's almost what's to expect from any used car near or over 100 K. My car door sometimes wouldn't close, I had to get it a new battery because the battery I had was very weak.. ect. The sound quality is absolutely magnificent. That speaker in the trunk really gives the overall sound an extra punch. Acceleration is great. I liked nearly everything about this car.

It's looks. This car without a doubt turns heads. The one I had, people would always walk up to me and compliment my ride, It felt great.

Back seat is the smallest tightest I've ever seen.. + The seats, aren't incredibly comfortable.

Wicked Awesome Eclipse
By garyf2132

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Eclipse GS Automatic with only 60,000 miles on it just last week. It came equipped with the Rockford Fosgate premium stereo system with subwoofer. I'm in love with this car literally. It's a real head turner. Acceleration is fantastic especially when pulling onto the highway or changing lanes, plenty of power to zoom around. The blue colored dash lights are a wicked cool feature. The bucket seats give it that extra sporty feel. The stereo system doesn't come with an AUX input jack unfortunately but I purchased an OEM Mitsubishi cable online so I will install it myself into the rear of the stereo system. Overall I love this car & wouldn't trade it for anything.

Rockford Fosgate Premium Stereo w/Subwoofer Blue Dash/Instrument Lighting Power/Acceleration Handling is excellent 4 Cylinder 2.4L Engine/Fuel Economy Heats up quick on cold mornings Plenty of leg room Japanese vehicles always very reliable

None

eclipse gt
By alex195

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Ive had my eclipse for 3 months now and it's been a bast to drive! Bought it used with 130 000km on it. Painted the front center black, fake diffuser black to make it look real, and the roof too, and put ralliart badges on. Had no problems with the engine, however... the cheap sh*t door handles did break and even the new ones make that bending plastic quealing noise, the cheap plastic key also broke, and so did the cheap plastic a/c control. But that's why it costs so little, you do get a great 3.8L v6 that could use a little more power if your used to driving high hp vehicles, but if your not its more then enough. It always pulls in any gear with no hesitation but road noise is horrendous!!

styling, 3.8v6, huuuge trunk

terrible visibility, horrendous road noise, stock tires bad,