2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Wicked Awesome Eclipse
By garyf2132 on 01/12/15 18:05 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Eclipse GS Automatic with only 60,000 miles on it just last week. It came equipped with the Rockford Fosgate premium stereo system with subwoofer. I'm in love with this car literally. It's a real head turner. Acceleration is fantastic especially when pulling onto the highway or changing lanes, plenty of power to zoom around. The blue colored dash lights are a wicked cool feature. The bucket seats give it that extra sporty feel. The stereo system doesn't come with an AUX input jack unfortunately but I purchased an OEM Mitsubishi cable online so I will install it myself into the rear of the stereo system. Overall I love this car & wouldn't trade it for anything.

eclipse gt
By alex195 on 06/16/14 01:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Ive had my eclipse for 3 months now and it's been a bast to drive! Bought it used with 130 000km on it. Painted the front center black, fake diffuser black to make it look real, and the roof too, and put ralliart badges on. Had no problems with the engine, however... the cheap sh*t door handles did break and even the new ones make that bending plastic quealing noise, the cheap plastic key also broke, and so did the cheap plastic a/c control. But that's why it costs so little, you do get a great 3.8L v6 that could use a little more power if your used to driving high hp vehicles, but if your not its more then enough. It always pulls in any gear with no hesitation but road noise is horrendous!!

Overall A Good Buy
By joey45 on 03/23/12 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive and a headturner for sure. I have 62K on the car and have had virtually no problems except one big problem. My breaks became spongy after 50K. Since it was past the 5 year warrenty I had to pay for the repairs myself. Bleeding the breaks worked for a few months, then the problem came back. Next, it was thought to be the master cylinder, that was replaced and then the problem came back after a few months. Now all thats left is the booster, which may be faulty. So overall this problem is going to end up costing me over $800. Also outside trim/molding for this car is HORRBle. It was worn out after only 6 1/2 years. Cost to fix? $925

Amazing!
By tombrater on 08/17/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Okay...I have only had this car for a week. I bought it used with 55k miles. I will update this if I run into any problems, but I am confident that I won't have to. The car looks sweet and turns heads. I took the Eclipse lettering off of the back to create an extra clean look. It is extremely powerful and responsive with acceleration and handling thanks to the 6 speed manual transmission. The RF sound system is one of the best systems I have heard. The car feels sturdy too. No rattles out of the hatchback or anywhere for that matter. The blue instrumental lighting is nice too. As for the person that paid $300 per tire, I found good year 18in tires for $140, and that was brand new.

Awesome Compromise
By TxFemme on 01/14/10 00:54 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Eclipse used with 17K miles on it. I now have 29K and it has not so much as hiccuped. It's powerful, fun to drive, and I get compliments almost daily. The RF system is AWESOME, best stock system I've ever owned (and there have been many). It's a relatively comfortable ride for a sports car and I've taken it on several long road trips. The backseat is best suited for those under 5'4" but at least it has one. The curb weight gives the car a substantial, safe feel. The stock tires are not as sticky as I'd like in slippery conditions. Probably the main negative point for me is the turning radius. Also, the powerful engine combined with FWD equals major torque steer at times.

Can't wait to sell it
By Puglove on 06/21/09 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Eclipse new and the second week I had a tick in the engine and my exhaust rattled. The dealer had no explanation for the tick except to change the oil...did nothing. My CD changer went out in year 3. The air conditioning controls also went out...the fan works but no cold air except for #1 on the dial. I now also have some loud rubbing noise coming from the back end. When driving it sounds like something is open as you hear all road noises. When it rains something in the hatch leaks. The gas mileage is good however and this car has pep even with the air on (if the air works that is). This is my first foreign car and will be my last. Mits has made me frown on foreign.

Dependability
By Jayme on 02/16/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This was the 1st 2006 sold in the Middle TN area and my 2nd Eclipse. I now have 57,000 miles and is still going strong. The original brakes squealed and had to replace with ceramic brakes. It is extremely quick and fun to drive. The sound system is top notch but the display could be a little more sophisticated. The original tires have lasted 57,000 miles and just now need to be replaced. If only the resale value was better.

Explore other options
By Jeremy on 01/19/09 17:07 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and recently my car was tied up at a dealership for 4.5 mo. for an input shaft bearing that failed, ruining my input shaft seal, clutch and burned my flywheel. NONE WAS COVERED UNDER THE 10yr/100,000mile powertrain warranty you are supposed to get with the vehicle! The interior is easily marked, scratched. Cheap materials on panels and dash. Gauges are accurate, suspension is ok, I've driven better, and worse for stock. Wheel well gap looks a little funny unless you lower the car or larger rims. I would advise looking at other options or be aware of possible bills with this car. hope this helps.

One Sleeper Of A Car
By randmanx on 01/06/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car used for 14k. I wouldn't pay the price for it new as it's a loaded gt v6, but it's a solid choice for the price. It's very quick and puts a grin on my face every time I mash the accelerator! I had a 98 gsx that was totaled by a deer in December and never thought another car could top that one. But I'm sold, the 06 gt is way nicer.

So So of a car
By DrWankel on 10/22/08 05:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new gen GT with sun & sound pkg when it first came out and was enjoying it for awhile till just after 2 months the front brake rotors warped. Brought it in to the dealer and after threats I got the rotors warrantied. 2 months later again warped, replaced with aftermarket never again had a problem. The Radio? what's up with the display? my girl's saturn has a much better read out, I mean top of the line fact Rockford come on, bad design. NOT EVEN AN IPOD JACK (dealer offers an ipod setup for a cheap $230?!) For a car with its decent performance, the fact tires suck in every way I had to upgrade those too! Overall not impressed, I would never ever buy another.