Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Most Helpful|
Awesome Compromise
By TxFemme

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Eclipse used with 17K miles on it. I now have 29K and it has not so much as hiccuped. It's powerful, fun to drive, and I get compliments almost daily. The RF system is AWESOME, best stock system I've ever owned (and there have been many). It's a relatively comfortable ride for a sports car and I've taken it on several long road trips. The backseat is best suited for those under 5'4" but at least it has one. The curb weight gives the car a substantial, safe feel. The stock tires are not as sticky as I'd like in slippery conditions. Probably the main negative point for me is the turning radius. Also, the powerful engine combined with FWD equals major torque steer at times.

Favorite Features

RF sound system, roomy trunk for a sports coupe, sexy styling, 25mpg (great for so much power).

Suggested Improvements

Do something about the turning radius!! Consider an AWD option.

Wicked Awesome Eclipse
By garyf2132

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Eclipse GS Automatic with only 60,000 miles on it just last week. It came equipped with the Rockford Fosgate premium stereo system with subwoofer. I'm in love with this car literally. It's a real head turner. Acceleration is fantastic especially when pulling onto the highway or changing lanes, plenty of power to zoom around. The blue colored dash lights are a wicked cool feature. The bucket seats give it that extra sporty feel. The stereo system doesn't come with an AUX input jack unfortunately but I purchased an OEM Mitsubishi cable online so I will install it myself into the rear of the stereo system. Overall I love this car & wouldn't trade it for anything.

Favorite Features

Rockford Fosgate Premium Stereo w/Subwoofer Blue Dash/Instrument Lighting Power/Acceleration Handling is excellent 4 Cylinder 2.4L Engine/Fuel Economy Heats up quick on cold mornings Plenty of leg room Japanese vehicles always very reliable

Suggested Improvements

None

Amazing Car.
By Ømar Chafee

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I had a dark red 06 Eclipse GT with that "rare" black strip going down the front bumper. It was a beautiful car I bought a nice spoiler for it too. It really drove great, I had it from 75 K miles to 115 K miles until it was hit by a drunk driver, totaling it. It gave me small minor problems throughout the time I've had it but that's almost what's to expect from any used car near or over 100 K. My car door sometimes wouldn't close, I had to get it a new battery because the battery I had was very weak.. ect. The sound quality is absolutely magnificent. That speaker in the trunk really gives the overall sound an extra punch. Acceleration is great. I liked nearly everything about this car.

Favorite Features

It's looks. This car without a doubt turns heads. The one I had, people would always walk up to me and compliment my ride, It felt great.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat is the smallest tightest I've ever seen.. + The seats, aren't incredibly comfortable.

Amazing!
By tombrater

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Okay...I have only had this car for a week. I bought it used with 55k miles. I will update this if I run into any problems, but I am confident that I won't have to. The car looks sweet and turns heads. I took the Eclipse lettering off of the back to create an extra clean look. It is extremely powerful and responsive with acceleration and handling thanks to the 6 speed manual transmission. The RF sound system is one of the best systems I have heard. The car feels sturdy too. No rattles out of the hatchback or anywhere for that matter. The blue instrumental lighting is nice too. As for the person that paid $300 per tire, I found good year 18in tires for $140, and that was brand new.

Favorite Features

6 speed manual, 18 in wheels, instrument lighting, sound of motor, sound of stereo system, solidity, body design, ground clearance

Suggested Improvements

None at the moment.

Overall A Good Buy
By joey45

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive and a headturner for sure. I have 62K on the car and have had virtually no problems except one big problem. My breaks became spongy after 50K. Since it was past the 5 year warrenty I had to pay for the repairs myself. Bleeding the breaks worked for a few months, then the problem came back. Next, it was thought to be the master cylinder, that was replaced and then the problem came back after a few months. Now all thats left is the booster, which may be faulty. So overall this problem is going to end up costing me over $800. Also outside trim/molding for this car is HORRBle. It was worn out after only 6 1/2 years. Cost to fix? $925

Suggested Improvements

They need to use better components when building the car.