2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Review: 2005 Eclipse GTS Coupe - 5 Spe

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

2005 Eclipse GTS Coupe - 5 Speed
By Adam on

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Eclipse. Though, this is the second one I've owned since 2001. The car extremey fun to drive and not something that becomes burdensome after a short while. The leather seating is comfortable, and the interior is roomy enough for the driver and passenger. I don't consider this car a true "Sports Car" by definition, but I would call it a "Sporty" vehicle. It has enough power and torque to get you where you're going as fast as you want, but don't expect to race your neighbor's flashy Nissan 350Z. Mitsubishi has definately upped their build quality since the '90's. This Eclipse feels solid and is extremely reliable. The clutch on the 5-speed models is very forgiving and easy to drive.

The car is actually very fun to drive. It has plenty of room for the driver and passenger. The torquey V6 engine makes accelerating from a stop enthralling, but watch out for the torque steer, this FWD car definately has it.

The turning radius of the V6 models is rougly 36 feet. I find myself making 3 point u-turns constantly, and taking wide approahes into parking spots. The V6 powerplant and vehicle's sheer weight make this car uderpowered when compared to other low to mid $20,000 sport vehicles. It needs better seat support, side / lumbar.