2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
05 Eclipse Remix Edition
By John Burch on 05/22/05 08:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Eclipse 3 months ago and love it. Looks like a Ferarri, but more affordable, and easy on the gas. Could've used a bigger engine for more torque, but is a lot of fun to drive with the 4 cyl. I love this car, best one I've ever owned and has a great warranty and service agreement. Handles great, and comes flying out of corners like a bat outta hell!

My dream come true
By jenn on 05/07/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a used 2000 Eclipse GT. I love it. It runs amazing and is the perfect car for me. It is stylish among being very resourceful. I wouldn't own any other car. I am 100% satisfied with its performance this far. It hasn't given me any problems. As far as I can tell it is going to be the best car I own.

My Eclipse & I
By Lidija on 04/30/05 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been a Mitsubishi fan and I really wish they still made the 3000GT- that was one hell of a car. I've had my Eclipse for less than six months and for a sports car, it survived the winter with no problems. Mitsubishi offers one of the best warranties around, so when you're a broke college student like me, what's not to like about that? :)

My Mitsubishi
By Susan on 04/11/05 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Mitsubishi. It is a 2005 Eclipse. I feel that it handles great, especially on the corners. The ride is smooth. I find it hard to see what is around me though, whether I am trying to change lanes or back out of a parking space. I also have found the stereo system to be one of the worst I have owned in a car. For the price, a better system would have been expected.

WOW!
By Dually on 03/31/05 12:24 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought car for my wife and fell in love with the quickness and feel of it.

Sheep in Wolve's Clothing
By Dtone on 03/28/05 06:42 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a Galant for two years. Traded it in for the Eclipse. Has the same 2.4l engine as the Galant. Comfortable seats, good gas milage, pleasant handling characteristics, surprising amount of cargo space with the rear seats folded down. Looks sporty, but is more a 'Mom and Pop' 2-door coupe. Sensible 'Midlife chrisis' car for relatively short money.

Remix edition
By lisa on 03/25/05 09:26 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Eclipse and is the Remix Edition. Eclipses handle very well, are quick, reliable and fun to drive. Drove the first one 150K+ miles/9 years. It never left me stranded. The 2005 seems even better built and the warranty is excellent. The remix edition came with a great option package for the money. Anyone buying an Eclipse won't be disappointed. For a female driver it is a perfect comfort fit size wise. The interior seems to be better put together than the previous body style was. Buyers should understand that with any Eclipse, they will have to handle the scheduled maintenance/parts replacement tasks very responsibly or the car definitely lets you know its time.

A lot of car for a little less money
By Mark m on 02/12/05 19:30 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I walked into showroom after seeing the car I wanted, sat down and the Eclipse caught my eye. I had to have fun looking car for little money. I took it for test rive and knew right away it was me. It gets good gas mileage, pretty good giddy up and go for a 4 cylinder. I am very happy and feel like a kid again.

I love my eclipse
By Lauren Ciaccio on 01/26/05 23:39 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently brought a 2005 Eclipse and I love everything about it. There is not another vecile in this class that I would rather have.

Great looking car
By sader on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Was looking for a sporty looking (mid- life crises?) car and found it in the Mitsubishi Eclipse. Haven't won the Powerball yet, so the Ferrari is still a dream. This car handles well with the rack & pinion steering and though it won't beat a vette off the line, it looks like it could.