Used 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Modified 2005 Eclipse GT
By Drek Digital

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

"I bought this car 2yrs ago at 138,000 miles on it and the car already had a few mods. It has an AEM Cold Air Intake, Headers, & Performance Exhaust. It also has a tune and that's important because I have the "sportstronic" gearbox which has the manual mode and I am able to red line it. 1st and 2nd gear pulls are definitely the strongest while 3rd and 4th gear pulls are typically weak. My 0-60 time is anywhere between 6.0 - 6.5 seconds which is pretty good for the price I paid for this car. You cannot find a turbo or supercharger for this car anymore but if you are satisfied with bolt-ons you can expect to get alot from this vehicle. I've beaten tons of other modded Mustangs and modded Civics. The most reliable car I ever had as I've only had to change the fuel pump since I got it."

Great car great buy!
By zmass7ss

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an amazing car the 5-speed manual is the way to go! It has great power, its very easy to drive, its okay on gas, and its a blast to drive! I would recommend this car to anybody! I love driving now, it hugs the road like no other car I have drove and its just a great car in general!

Power, Center of Gravity, Everything!

I cant think of any improvements just maybe deeper turning radius.

Rocket #2
By tashaluv2

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought the 05 last week it has the slap shifter it's nice but our 98 is more fun,the downside is the Cost for basic Mait I Pd $260.00 for O2 sensors x 3 yep there's 3 & spark plugs & wires are gonna cost a bit & will be a job & Dealer charges 325.00 & Don't loose ur Key's esp the Spare ours came w 1 key & I was told 1 key was $300.00 but if U buy one online & only need Dealer to prog it cost is $50.00 Ouch I miss goin & havin one made for few bucks Geeze

dependable & they hold up for many years

the Paint on the 05 is flaking off & is White in few places & the Blind spots are just as bad in the 05 & the Turning Radius is Insanely BIG but over all not a bad car,Mitsubishi Pls don't stop making them like I was told they plan on doing that,Luv them the V6 is FAST.

Bad Paint Job
By Chinpaint

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the car is a good car. It looks good and handles good. I have had no problems with either the engine or drive train. My three negatives, one because of space available between the seat, roof and steering wheel it can be a little difficult for driver to enter. Second engineering design has turn signal blocked by steering wheel.(move light or change steering wheel design). Last this summer two bad paint spots appeared. One between sun roof and back window, the second between trunk and rear window.

Looks sharp. Ability to handle and move well in traffic. Fun to drive

Fix Paint job, Move turn signal, look at passenger compartment, to ease entry.

CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
By jim O

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased in 2005 and bought in 2008! I have had NO PROBLEMS with my 2005 MITSI!!!!!!!NADA!! ZERO!!! Go figure! PLUS My wife would KILL ME if I traded her for a 350 Z..I'm sold!

DID I MENTION NO PROBLEMS?????

MORE TORQUE would be great!! BUT I installed CAI and it made a difference.