2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Great car great buy!
By zmass7ss on 03/21/14 06:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is an amazing car the 5-speed manual is the way to go! It has great power, its very easy to drive, its okay on gas, and its a blast to drive! I would recommend this car to anybody! I love driving now, it hugs the road like no other car I have drove and its just a great car in general!

Rocket #2
By tashaluv2 on 12/04/12 06:54 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought the 05 last week it has the slap shifter it's nice but our 98 is more fun,the downside is the Cost for basic Mait I Pd $260.00 for O2 sensors x 3 yep there's 3 & spark plugs & wires are gonna cost a bit & will be a job & Dealer charges 325.00 & Don't loose ur Key's esp the Spare ours came w 1 key & I was told 1 key was $300.00 but if U buy one online & only need Dealer to prog it cost is $50.00 Ouch I miss goin & havin one made for few bucks Geeze

Bad Paint Job
By Chinpaint on 07/17/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the car is a good car. It looks good and handles good. I have had no problems with either the engine or drive train. My three negatives, one because of space available between the seat, roof and steering wheel it can be a little difficult for driver to enter. Second engineering design has turn signal blocked by steering wheel.(move light or change steering wheel design). Last this summer two bad paint spots appeared. One between sun roof and back window, the second between trunk and rear window.

CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!
By jim O on 02/12/10 17:40 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I leased in 2005 and bought in 2008! I have had NO PROBLEMS with my 2005 MITSI!!!!!!!NADA!! ZERO!!! Go figure! PLUS My wife would KILL ME if I traded her for a 350 Z..I'm sold!

Love my car
By Kim on 08/29/07 22:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a women in my late 40s and this is the first car I ever got to pick out brand new and buy just because I liked it. I've had it now over two years and I love it. I still smile every time I see it in the driveway. It runs great and is very fun to drive. My only complaint is that shortly after I bought it, I bumped into a pole (too low to see at my son's baseball field) and it creased the bumper. I thought for a hit that light, it should have not shown any damage but it did. So I think the body is not very forgiving. Still wouldn't want anything else, it's a fun car.

2005 Eclipse GTS Coupe - 5 Speed
By Adam on 04/21/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Eclipse. Though, this is the second one I've owned since 2001. The car extremey fun to drive and not something that becomes burdensome after a short while. The leather seating is comfortable, and the interior is roomy enough for the driver and passenger. I don't consider this car a true "Sports Car" by definition, but I would call it a "Sporty" vehicle. It has enough power and torque to get you where you're going as fast as you want, but don't expect to race your neighbor's flashy Nissan 350Z. Mitsubishi has definately upped their build quality since the '90's. This Eclipse feels solid and is extremely reliable. The clutch on the 5-speed models is very forgiving and easy to drive.

Sporty & Powerful (V6)
By Ray on 11/09/05 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS is fun to drive, especially during warm weather with the sunroof open. It is as powerful as many of the V8s were several years ago. Its price wasn't too bad for a sports car. The cost of insurance is kind of high though.

Awesome!
By Jessica on 07/09/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience is great. This is my first car and its a '97. I love it , the way it drives ad accelerates and stuff like that. Its awsome, I wouldn't change it for anything esle.

We Love our Eclipse!
By Lindiglo on 06/04/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have only had our Eclipse since Feb 2005....so far we love it! We are in our 40's and this car has a way of making you feel 20 years younger. With the sunroof open, and the whole day ahead of us.......we are young again. Our Eclipse is Pearl White, and we put a black bra on the front, I truely think it's the sharpest looking car in our city.

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
By jim o on 05/25/05 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Okay - it's only been 2 months but I also own a 2003 Maxima (Which I love) and this car rides BETTER and is more fun to drive! Not as quick but oh so close...Both cars have Goodyear Eagles. Unlike on the Maxima, they are very sticky on GTS- even in the rain. This is a tight car. It gets lots of compliments! Will post review after one year and winter in New York City. I Love this car so far. I intentionally purchased a 2005 model, the 2006 model looks too wierd for me.