2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Would never buy again
By moonbeem on 03/05/09 08:50 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wheel base is poor compared to my Celica. I thought buying a 6 cylinder car would increase my power speed at take off, but my 4 cylinder Celica had much better power. I do like the looks and the comfort, but it has a long way to go to beat Toyota's quality.

Crash!
By Terry on 01/25/09 11:30 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Eclipse RS, the 1st was a 1999. Unfortunately, I may have to be on to my 3rd. I was hit by an 18-wheeler in the 1st & was hit 2 days ago for the 2nd time in the current. This car is incredible for safety. Despite the fact that I have been hit 3 times, even when the damage was extensive, I walked away. The current one may be totaled, in which case I will go on to a newer model, but my experience with this car leaves me no doubts about it's safety - just the invisible "hit me" sign which appears to come with the ones I've bought. AND, the mileage has been terrific. I avg 27 back & forth to work, and up to 40 on the highway! I LOVE this car!

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
By Chelsea on 12/31/08 10:37 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second car, and during the time after my first car and before I bought the Eclipse, I test drove an 04 Focus SVT, 03 Acura TL, 05 Scion TC, and many other countless cars. The Eclipse has got to be my favorite, by far. The downfall about MINE is it's an automatic, but that may actually make it better in the end. My cup holder doesn't get in the way because of that, I haven't had any problems with the interior design except the back seats, not even my shorter friends can sit back there without bumping their heads on the rear windshield. But, this doesn't bother me bc I don't sit back there, and they need their own cars anyway haha

Fun Car
By Andi82 on 06/08/08 11:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love to drive my car but it is having an issue and the dealer does not know what's wrong because there are not codes. The good thing is that my warranty is not up till 12/09. It's not a fast car but it's a blast to drive it corners great and has tones of low end power.

2004 Eclipse
By Cody on 05/31/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Went to test drive the car and immediately feel in love with it. We wanted to see how the handling was, and found going 65 around a 40 mph curve is a breeze. It pulled right into the curve, and didn't make me adjust at all. All in all, wow!

Still my dream car after all these years
By Williesha on 03/08/08 11:45 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been tracking this car ever since Mitsubishi first started producing them. They have come such a long way. I put a lot of effort and research into this. I don't maintain this car nearly as well as I should and it still has yet to give me a problem and I'm now over 50,000 miles. The best part of the car is the exterior design. Absolutely beautiful - spoiler could be smaller, but the paint job is superb. It always looks like I've gotten a wax job on it, especially at night. The V4 leaves a lot to be desired, but it's still an amazing car to drive. It's so much fun - and completely and totally reliable.

Never Never Buy Again
By zhibing li on 02/14/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned this vehicle less than 4 months, and had to spend $800 to repair the condenser. Dealership and manufacturer claimed it is not under warranty as the damanage might be caused by road hazard. Heard someone that had 400 miles had the same bad luck as I did. Just to remind buyers to be wary of this potential problem with the Eclipse as the condenser is poorly protected.

Sweet
By TUrbo99jetta on 01/27/05 23:49 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. I wouldn't have gotten anything else. I comparison shopped it with a Toyota Celica and a Volkswagen GTI, but nothing compared to it. I got mine in Sliver Blue and its awesome. I just wish that the Infinity stereo system was a little bit better.

Good fun car
By Baltfan on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I wanted something fun to drive. I wasn't concerned with cargo space or rear seat comfort. (As I will never be in the rear seats) The acceleration, handling, and transmission are all great. As good as this car is... aftermarket parts will make it even better.

Holds up to standards...
By dsciandra on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drove a Mitz 3000GT and wanted a comparable new car when I was ready to buy. This car was not a step down, it is smooth, quick, stylish, comfortable. I recommend the leather package with sun + sound, it makes it stand out when outside the car. Also, when AC is on, you feel a noticable decrease in acceleration, I suggest a performance air filter to give you a 10% boost in HP. Love my car, waiting to buy the new 2006 when it comes out!

1 2 3 4 5 next »