Used 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Would never buy again
By moonbeem

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wheel base is poor compared to my Celica. I thought buying a 6 cylinder car would increase my power speed at take off, but my 4 cylinder Celica had much better power. I do like the looks and the comfort, but it has a long way to go to beat Toyota's quality.

look, feel, and comfort

increase the wheel turning base

Crash!
By Terry

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Eclipse RS, the 1st was a 1999. Unfortunately, I may have to be on to my 3rd. I was hit by an 18-wheeler in the 1st & was hit 2 days ago for the 2nd time in the current. This car is incredible for safety. Despite the fact that I have been hit 3 times, even when the damage was extensive, I walked away. The current one may be totaled, in which case I will go on to a newer model, but my experience with this car leaves me no doubts about it's safety - just the invisible "hit me" sign which appears to come with the ones I've bought. AND, the mileage has been terrific. I avg 27 back & forth to work, and up to 40 on the highway! I LOVE this car!

The looks, the fuel economy, & the safety.

It could use a bigger back/side window to make the blind spot smaller. Everyone else complains about the small back seat, but since I don't sit back there, & rarely have riders, I don't particularly care.

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
By Chelsea

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second car, and during the time after my first car and before I bought the Eclipse, I test drove an 04 Focus SVT, 03 Acura TL, 05 Scion TC, and many other countless cars. The Eclipse has got to be my favorite, by far. The downfall about MINE is it's an automatic, but that may actually make it better in the end. My cup holder doesn't get in the way because of that, I haven't had any problems with the interior design except the back seats, not even my shorter friends can sit back there without bumping their heads on the rear windshield. But, this doesn't bother me bc I don't sit back there, and they need their own cars anyway haha

The amazing look of it, the sound of it stock, the "racing seats", the sun roof, low gas price for the high performance quality, everything! I love the fact that it's low as stock, just watch out for the higher curbs :(

Possibly something to be done about the paint? I have a black eclipse and the paint has already started fading, it's light gray and very noticeable.

Fun Car
By Andi82

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love to drive my car but it is having an issue and the dealer does not know what's wrong because there are not codes. The good thing is that my warranty is not up till 12/09. It's not a fast car but it's a blast to drive it corners great and has tones of low end power.

moon roof - audio controls on the steering wheel - 6 disc CD player

AWD

2004 Eclipse
By Cody

2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Went to test drive the car and immediately feel in love with it. We wanted to see how the handling was, and found going 65 around a 40 mph curve is a breeze. It pulled right into the curve, and didn't make me adjust at all. All in all, wow!

Comfort and handling

More choice for interior design and more color options for exterior