Follow up from 2011 review / 2014 comments
By overboost007 on
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Ok my 2003 GTS Eclipse V6 currently has 119000 miles. received Duralast Gold brake pads since I purchased it and 2 oil changes Mobile 1 synthentic and thats it. Now the BAD. The Flywheel and clutch went. Replaced them at Don Herring Mitsubishi in Plano Texas Thanks JT. Then the ABS light came on. I'll go to Auto Zone and get the Code and fix it myself. So far the second best used car I have owned next to my old 1999 Honda Accord CPE V6. AGAIN I do not race. The only upgrade is an INJEN Intake system. Hopefully I can trade it in next year for a 2011 Dodge Charger or challenger. But my 2003 MITS GTS is one of the best reliable used cars you can buy hands down.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, great on gas as a daily driver, comfortable to drive long distance in for me, easy to do simple maintenance on, brakes, starter, belts, radiator replacement, and oil changes
Suggested Improvements
Replacing spark plus on this car SUCKS. They do this on purpose sothe average Joe will not attempt it at home. So if you are a DIY guy you are ok but if not PLEASE take it to a shop or you will cause damage to it. PLEASE HEED THIS WARNING and buy a car you can work on and not just look good it. If you pocket are thick like that Oh well but for the working class folks like my that like to save money you will never see me in a BMW, AUDI or MERCEDES. Just my opinion.