Mistu Eclipse 03 GTS
By Mike Danes on
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I got a great deal on this car, with Mitsu's 3000 rebate and 3000 customer loyalty last year and my 1992 Eclipse had 160K miles on it, so I figured it was time for an upgrade. I have no gripes at all with this car. It has great acceleration, has great handling and excellent performance. I enjoy the sun and sound package and the interior midnight blue leather combo looks great. If you can afford a few extra grand, definitely go for the GTS model. In my opinion, Eclipses blow Mustangs away; they are much better looking, more reliable and just made with better materials (Mustang is mostly fiberglass). The only drawback is gas mileage, but we don't buy sports cars for mileage.
Favorite Features
Exterior and Interior design. Sunroof and sound package. Interior leather, nice looking rims. I also suggest a nosemask for 156 bones to protect the paint; they are really nice.
Suggested Improvements
Increase to 250-270 HP, more durable paint, a tad more room with rear seating. Discounts on accessories for comsumers that bought the car new.