2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Review: For the money spent, I'm satis

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

For the money spent, I'm satisfied.
By SteveO on

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a GS model and though I do have a couple minor complaints I'm pretty well satisfied. I wanted a Celica but couldn't fit in one comfortably. The Eclipse is very comfy and easy on the back for anyone sitting in the front. Definitely not a 4 seater. Avoid 4 adult occupancy at all costs. The acceleration leaves something to be desired but is decent for a 4 cylinder. For the price I found this to be real good buy, styling and comfort were big for me and this car met those easily. I don't know why everyone rips on the interior. I personally like it. Beware of the blindspots! The rear left one can be quite a problem during the busy morning commute.

Comfortable, roomy cockpit for those sitting up front. Great styling, torque and handling are excellent, nice deep cop holders.

A little more "omph" in the acceleration, HORRIBLE rear blindspots. The clock and radio Heads Up display is innovative but for anyone who plans on customizing it will probably be a pain. At 3,800 lbs it's very heavy for a sports coupe. Sportronic tranny w/4 gears leaves you begging for a 5th.