2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
EXCELLENT sport coupe
By eclipseGTS on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

love the power of this car as well as the low end torque

Close to perfect (for me)
By Payback_56 on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car iteself is great, has a great feel to it, good handling, tight on turns. Able to handle speed well Came with side of steering column busted, but they were fast to fix it, excellent service.

Exceptional value for the money. Awesome
By wingedliberty on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car. I am somewhat biased, since this is my fourth Mitsubishi and I am very brand loyal, and this is for a reason, since these are great cars for the money in styling, performance,and reliability. I like to stick with a good thing, and this is a great car.

Sweet car
By mark1225 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a nice car, like the interior and the 210 horses, be careful though, it creeps up in speed without you knowing

Good, but not great
By Zakko on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for over a year now. I didn't buy this car to race it and my driving style is actually pretty conservative. Problems I've had in the past year: Clutch was completely replaced at 14,000 miles at MY expense; the sunroof is CRAP, it has a mind of its own and will open and close depending on its mood; the factory tires are CRAP... I had to have mine replaced at 12,000 miles because two of them had large bubbles in the sidewalls; the brakes are crap. At 10,000 miles, I had to have the rotors turned. If you're considering buying this car, I HIGHLY recommend you go to www.neweclipse.org and www.deadeclipse.com to read up on it.

Sexy and Fun car
By WIZ on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great. I had an older Eclipse and I thought maybe it was time for a change. I test drove the RSX Type S, the Celica GTS and the Mazada 6. But I didn't like either of them. So I test drove a GTS Eclipse and I fell in love with it. Its very nice outside and inside. The black leather in the car gives a sexy look.Bottom line go test drive the car and you'll like it.

Greatest car ever
By AcidRain310 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have to say that this is the greatest car ever. I am in love with it

Stay Away
By MinderaserNO on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 03 GTS Eclipse for a about a year and a half. It has been in the shop 4 times... once they had my car for over 2 WEEKS! Everything that could go wrong with this car - has. Stay away.

Happy with my 2nd Eclipse
By ronnys on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

No problems to speak of yet with 19,000 miles on my '01

EXCELLENT RIDE
By jrs on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the Eclipse because of the performance figures and got sooo much more. This ride is EXCELLENT!! fully loaded (no need for extras--except the alloy fuel door). I highly recommed at the very least a test drive--you will be impressed.