Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Good, solid car & looks and drives great
By TonyM

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got the GTS, 5-speed about 2 months ago. A little late maybe. But it's what I could afford. I think this car is very solid and runs great. As long as you keep up on your oil changes, and put premium in it like the owners manual suggests. The first thing I noticed because I immediately drove it on the highway was it takes a while to find a comfortable adjustment on your seat in conjunction with using the clutch as well as sitting for prolonged periods of times. My back hurt for about a week in beginning to drive it. It's fast though, for sure. This car packs a punch! I haven't had it long enough to really even encounter mechanical problems... *knock on wood*.

Gas Mileage-I get 26/31! (no joke) And I've only had it two months. I'm sure I will get more in the future. Steering wheel controls are nice, looks, 6-CD changer, compass/outside temp, rear wiper.

Better turning radius, clutch is weird...maybe mine just needs to be adjusted.

Mitsubishi need to fix this car
By gseclipse03

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for almost 6 yrs, this is my send eclipse had a 94, the quality in product has gone down and if it wasn't paid off I would sell it cause with 70k miles it parts are breaking that shouldn't. I wouldn't buy another Mitsubishi

Styling, great on gas

1. Move the Cup holders 2. Make a better Dash ( mine has 6 cracks and its garaged and always has sun shield) 3. Better Paint

Impressive, but not a fan at 1st
By Fraws

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never cared for this body style at 1st, but since I had credit problems in the past I wasn't able to get into a newer Eclipse. I have owned this car since Feb 29th 2008 and let it be known that this car is pretty sweet. The drive is nice, power for a 4 cylinder is tight. It's no 6, but gas prices these days makes this a more a advantage. I love to mod cars and the aftermarket has plenty to go with this car. Eat your heart out boy and girls this car is for REAL.

Style, after owning it its been nice to stare at. Interior looks good, as a driver the seat feels like its securing you in. small, compact, nice ride, gas tank is large

backseat does not exist, some angles of viewing are less enjoyable at 1st, trunk storage is limited as with any compact 2-door,

Fabulous Car, Fully Recommended
By MissBunny

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse since I was 11 years old believe it or not! When I finally bought my Eclipse GTS in I was ecstatic to find that it was everything I hoped for and then some! It has a beautiful, classy, and sporty look, it drives wonderfully on the freeway and city and it has great get-up-and-go! I mean you can really feel the power behind that pedal! It has a pretty rad stock infinity sound system with a 6 disc changer. It has a very comfortable front seat with leather power seats/windows. And the sunroof is a must have! The only thing I dont like is its turning radius is awful. All in all I love the car, it actually makes me want to drive for no reason, just to drive!

Sunroof, 17" alloy wheels, Infinity 6 disc changer & sound system, leather seats (power front seat), 24 valve V6 engine (6cyl), overall look, gas mileage, engine power (it drives like a SPORTS car thats for sure), tilt steering wheel, steering wheel controls, outlet in console, and low-pro tires.

Turning radius needs improvements, the hatchback cover is kind of 'corny' how it hangs on the clips, backseat could use a little more room (although I don't mind because I don't sit back there). The front end is a little low it curbs it when I go over a bump, but then again it looks nice being low!

Engine is a disaster, but fun to drive
By D-Ro

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in 2007 with about 65k. I've had to replace the timing belt (needs it every 75k). Had some issues with the CPU, idle control unit, and gasket seals. It is a blast to drive, and so much fun. I love the look, the sound system, everything. All 210 horse power under me is just incredible. With the manual transmission downshifting at 60 or even 70 mph is such a rush. The thing accelerates in 5th gear, what more could you ask for? I accelerate and I'm at 60 before I know it! New tires December 2007 in the midst of a week long snow storm, and the improvement in the snow has been amazing. I only skid in about 2-3 inches of snow- anything else is a breeze to get through

Power, sound system, overall feel of the car, the look... love it all!

Pricey repairs, driver side blind spot, turn radius is awful... have to make a Y turn instead of U turn sometimes!!