2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Mistu Eclipse 03 GTS
By Mike Danes on 01/21/05 02:11 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got a great deal on this car, with Mitsu's 3000 rebate and 3000 customer loyalty last year and my 1992 Eclipse had 160K miles on it, so I figured it was time for an upgrade. I have no gripes at all with this car. It has great acceleration, has great handling and excellent performance. I enjoy the sun and sound package and the interior midnight blue leather combo looks great. If you can afford a few extra grand, definitely go for the GTS model. In my opinion, Eclipses blow Mustangs away; they are much better looking, more reliable and just made with better materials (Mustang is mostly fiberglass). The only drawback is gas mileage, but we don't buy sports cars for mileage.

Upset With 2003 Eclipse
By gjcarrol1 on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had several problems with my Eclipse. Ranging from the computer dying to the driver's door not opening. I would not recommend this car to anyone. Mitsubishi knows of all the problems and have fixed them under warranty yet I haven't been compensated for inconviences or down time of the car. With only a few miles left of the warranty, I might be stuck with a car that costs more in repairs a month than my payment. And with the quick depreciation, trading is not an option.

Style'n in a Mitsu
By MitsuEclipse Driver on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has an attention grabbing style, excellent performance in the kind of city driving that I have to do. Great gas mileage, especially on the road when travelling. (24-28 mpg) I am impressed with the service you get from the Mitsubishi dealership, not pretentious but very attentive. As if this is not enough, it is affordably priced both for the car and the servicing! You can pay a lot more and not get as much of a car.

My First Eclipse
By HE on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been happy with this car.

Good Car!
By Javi on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great Car, though I would probably recommend the GT or GTS for the bigger engine.

It's OK, but not my Acura
By nothappy2003 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Man I must be spoiled by my Acura RL which turns on a dime. This GTS has a very poor turn radius. Also, the gearing needs revamped. A lot of wasted gears. I usually just use 1,3 and 5. That's all that is needed. Also my wife almost killed herself because she reached down to the console tray for something, and when she pulled back and the parking brake got caught on her sleeve. going down the highway at 80 miles an hour and pulling the brake is a recipe for disaster. After a 360 degree slide she was OK, no thanks to the designers at Mitsubishi. I think the interior needs a major redesign!!!

Great car, but some annoyance
By Erik Harris on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my GTS, but it suffers from build-quality issues. The window seals don't seal (wet windows after rain, sometimes moldy smell), there are unfixable rattles, the mirror motors are weak, and the sunroof has minor issues (sticks, control housing comes loose periodically). Reliability hasn't been an isuse at all, it drives very smoothly, and is very fun to drive. My only complaint about the ride is that the turn radius is horrendus; worse than the minivan I owned previously! I'm focusing on the negative, though. I love my car, and for the price, there's nothing I'd rather own. It's fun, comfortable, and is one of the best-looking cars under $30K on the road.

Fast&Fun
By LoveMyClipse on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is wonderful. I traded in my Acura Integra for this car and there is a huge difference. My eclipse is much smoother to drive than the Acura. There is also a very noticable difference in power, and I love it!

Not quite sure yet
By wpederson on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2003 Eclipse GT, it definitely is fun to drive and ZOOM ZOOM (wait, this isn't a Mazda) ANYWAY, it has been a fun car so far, nothing to complain about as of yet... EXCEPT, what car does not come with ABS these days? SHEESH! My last 4 cars have had ABS standard, and I assumed this one did too, but when I got it home from the dealership I noticed NO ABS!

Hear ye
By Aarlewis3 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my car