Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Most Helpful|
Mitsubishi need to fix this car
By gseclipse03

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for almost 6 yrs, this is my send eclipse had a 94, the quality in product has gone down and if it wasn't paid off I would sell it cause with 70k miles it parts are breaking that shouldn't. I wouldn't buy another Mitsubishi

Favorite Features

Styling, great on gas

Suggested Improvements

1. Move the Cup holders 2. Make a better Dash ( mine has 6 cracks and its garaged and always has sun shield) 3. Better Paint

Great used car over100K
By The 3g Man

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2003 Mitsubishi eclipse Gt, v6, Sportronic shifter. Great Exterior look, except the fake vents in the front.v6 engine good power for automatic shifty, not good for turbo boosting.Alloy wheels great touch and clean. Inside, Cheap plastic interior (which is good If you ever need to replace it). I like it. No leg room for people over 5'11. Very small in the back, good for newborns- preteens and adults, no. Seats are very comfortable for long driving. Gas mileage is good, 22 ct/27 Hw. $30 to fill. Slow start@shifting through 1st gear but gets better at 2nd. Expensive 6 cyl tuneup ($550). Timing belt+labor $640. Maintenance regular. Premium gas only. Mits is having a recall, don't get black.

Favorite Features

Sportronic shifter Cheap interior parts ( to replace) Spoiler Sunroof Alloy wheels good on gas Power for v6 Road noise Keep on Maintenance, car will last forever.

Suggested Improvements

(It's a Sporty coupe, don't expect a big backseat.) 1.Brakes are cheap quality but safe. 2.Cheap motor mounts ( Will hear vibration @ dashboard over 100k miles) 3.Road noise is not as bad as Edmunds states. 4. Stay away from black, there is a recall for models after yr 2001. 5. Why the fake vents?

Hear ye
By Aarlewis3

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car

Favorite Features

I love having 17 inch wheels factory, and the altezza taillights

Suggested Improvements

A little more backseat room would be handy at times, but other than that, I love my Mitsu

Love the looks, but some design flaws
By andymick32

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 60k miles and put 30k miles on the car in 2.5 years before selling. All in all, the car was pretty darn reliable. I didn't have any mechanical issues besides the sun roof which is a known problem. Went to get the car inspected this summer and was told the bottom of the car was rusting out. The mechanic showed me the apple sized hole right underneath the drivers side floorboard and another spot below the gas tank and the fuel filler neck and the trunk lid! The car has some major issues here as certain areas are prone to collect water. Make sure you check these areas before you buy!

Favorite Features

exterior Looks V6 engine Reasonable MPG for engine

Suggested Improvements

Cheap interior Bad design flaws Rust bucket Not made for people over 6'

I Love My Car!!!
By spunkymonkey72

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used in 2010. I figured I'd have fun and drive it until my son was old enough to drive it and then I would pass it down to him. Well, he is 6 months away from being able to get his license and honestly...I don't want to give it up! It has been very reliable and lots of fun to drive. In the time I have owned it I have only had to replace the battery and tires.

Favorite Features

Fave features: What can I say...I love everything about this car!