2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Follow up from 2011 review / 2014 comments
By overboost007 on 02/09/14 11:55 AM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ok my 2003 GTS Eclipse V6 currently has 119000 miles. received Duralast Gold brake pads since I purchased it and 2 oil changes Mobile 1 synthentic and thats it. Now the BAD. The Flywheel and clutch went. Replaced them at Don Herring Mitsubishi in Plano Texas Thanks JT. Then the ABS light came on. I'll go to Auto Zone and get the Code and fix it myself. So far the second best used car I have owned next to my old 1999 Honda Accord CPE V6. AGAIN I do not race. The only upgrade is an INJEN Intake system. Hopefully I can trade it in next year for a 2011 Dodge Charger or challenger. But my 2003 MITS GTS is one of the best reliable used cars you can buy hands down.

Great cars even used if you take care of it
By overboost007 on 10/15/12 22:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

OK people lesson I am 6ft 8in tall, 260 lbs, I formally drove a 1999 Honda Accord EX CPE V6 with 248,000. Now I have a 2003 Mitsubishi clipse GTS 5 speed manual that had 98,000 on it when I bought it. The previous owner took great care of it. I went through it hard. I am just a DIY guy that knows car. This car was a good buy because of how it was taken care of. The dealers can clean it up but I know brakes, fuel systems, intake, transmission & engine. It is not rocket science. Research on line and make a good choice. The car runs great I will upgrade the brakes to what I like an just maintain it until I am ready to by a newer vehicle

My 2003 Eclipse GTS
By rmitch86 on 04/15/11 08:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 GS for a few years i inherited it from my parents when they traded up i loved it. When that car was rear ended and totalled in december i purchased a 2003 eclipse GTS gun metal grey. It has 74k and running great. My 01 got up to 212k and was running like a champ. Just do your sched maint. and keep an eye on problem areas. Both have been 5 speed and the feel of the clutch and the way the shifter pops into place is great. Very fun car to drive especially in the summer with the windows down and sunroof open. as long as you take car of the car and keep up with it the eclipse will treat you right. even stock its a head turner.

Underrated Car
By kobo1d on 09/09/09 01:06 AM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Eclipse GTS Automatic for a little over 4 years and it has been a very nice car. Bought used, still under factory bumper-to-bumper warranty, I've driven it hard (currently at 67000 miles) and have had very little issues with it. The only problems with the car have been some electrical issues: The factory 6-CD player completely stopped working, refusing to play and making a horrible crunching sound constantly. Mitsubishi wanted $450 to fix it, so I just replaced it with an aftermarket setup. The switch for the passenger side window only rolls the window up, not down, so the passenger has to roll down their own window. Sunroof switch is touchy. And yes, the plastic scratches easy.

Good, solid car & looks and drives great
By TonyM on 07/24/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got the GTS, 5-speed about 2 months ago. A little late maybe. But it's what I could afford. I think this car is very solid and runs great. As long as you keep up on your oil changes, and put premium in it like the owners manual suggests. The first thing I noticed because I immediately drove it on the highway was it takes a while to find a comfortable adjustment on your seat in conjunction with using the clutch as well as sitting for prolonged periods of times. My back hurt for about a week in beginning to drive it. It's fast though, for sure. This car packs a punch! I haven't had it long enough to really even encounter mechanical problems... *knock on wood*.

Fabulous Car, Fully Recommended
By MissBunny on 02/14/08 15:44 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Mitsubishi Eclipse since I was 11 years old believe it or not! When I finally bought my Eclipse GTS in I was ecstatic to find that it was everything I hoped for and then some! It has a beautiful, classy, and sporty look, it drives wonderfully on the freeway and city and it has great get-up-and-go! I mean you can really feel the power behind that pedal! It has a pretty rad stock infinity sound system with a 6 disc changer. It has a very comfortable front seat with leather power seats/windows. And the sunroof is a must have! The only thing I dont like is its turning radius is awful. All in all I love the car, it actually makes me want to drive for no reason, just to drive!

Engine is a disaster, but fun to drive
By D-Ro on 01/24/08 12:16 PM (PST)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used in 2007 with about 65k. I've had to replace the timing belt (needs it every 75k). Had some issues with the CPU, idle control unit, and gasket seals. It is a blast to drive, and so much fun. I love the look, the sound system, everything. All 210 horse power under me is just incredible. With the manual transmission downshifting at 60 or even 70 mph is such a rush. The thing accelerates in 5th gear, what more could you ask for? I accelerate and I'm at 60 before I know it! New tires December 2007 in the midst of a week long snow storm, and the improvement in the snow has been amazing. I only skid in about 2-3 inches of snow- anything else is a breeze to get through

Great used sports car for the money
By jane0283 on 10/11/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my GTS. I bought it with 23,000 miles and have had it for a year and a half now and already have over 50,000. I haven't had any problems with the engine and it handles well. It's the best used fwd sports car you can get for the money. It's a good looking car, great features, lots of cargo space, great gas mileage, plenty of power, comfortable seats, and great sounding stereo. There are only a few negatives. I had one blow out on the highway and then an air leakage, and the tires probably had another 10,000 miles left on them. Another issue is how low the car sits. Be prepared to ruin your bumper going into bad parking lots, and it has a horrible turning radius.

Fun sports coupe
By Red GTS on 09/18/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted to buy my daughter the Eclipse in 2003, but opted for a "practical" 4 door vehicle. 4 years later, I helped her trade in the other vehicle for a red '03 Eclipse GTS (with only 20,000 miles). It's a sharp looking, great performing car. Made changes to the wheels (larger) and new wider Kumho tires. I own an '06 Eclipse GT (6M) and find it to be great. Now, I'm glad to see her as an owner of the Eclipse she always wanted.

Good car, has quirks
By Captain on 03/22/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car has cool going for it, comfortable ride and okay handling for being so heavy. It has a lot of road noise, huge blind spots (but that is to be expected on any sports car) and a turn radius so bad you have to drive it to believe it. Interior is plastic, but stylish. The back seat is merely for looks, but you shouldn't have a problem selecting takers for the front seat (everyone wants to ride in it). It is very reliable, no mechanical problems, although I would highly recommend better grounding wires since Mitsubishi stock grounds are suspect at best. There have been two attempts to break into the car with no success (popped lock stayed locked, window won't peal). All in all, good car.

1 2 3 4 5 next »