2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Review: I hate this car!

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I hate this car!
By Andrea on

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle three years ago. I have one year left before it is is paid off. I have spent at least $10,000 in repairs. I have had to replace the following: clutch, transmission, busted head gasket, radiator, thermostat, clutch cable,stereo and speakers (not a system, just a standard radio),idle control valve, paint due to crappy factory clear coat and rims. The following remain broken on the vehicle: The clock and display system are busted the dashboard is cracked all over the place, the a/c does not work (it's gone out twice), the trunk opener is broken, the sunroof is broken and the cover is as well. The trunk won't stay open and the passenger seat adjuster is broken.

I HATE This car!

The car has been a disaster and I am now in the process of trading this WORST car I have EVER owned in my life! I will never EVER buy a Mitsubishi again.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By isthat_randy
on 02/16/12 13:53 PM (PST)

I just bought my eclipse about 4 days ago and it's fun to drive but i've had nothin but problems. My idle valve also went out and my starter went just yesterday. Dont get me wrong the 280 hp is fast and fun!

By _eclipse_
on 08/07/11 18:42 PM (PDT)

you clearly do not have the slightest idea how to treat a car and dont deserve to drive a car like an eclipse. i have a 2002 Eclipse GT and have not a single problem with it. its a 5 speed manual and i have not had a problem with any part of the luth other than the normal wear that a cluth takes. engine on it works great also, have not had any concerns with it at all. you complain about things like the radio and speakers, paint, rims, clock, cracked dashboard, trunk opener, and the sunroof when all of those things are not a problem wiht the car. they are the all the results of a person that doesnt know how to take care of a car properly and doesnt care about their car enough to keep it in good condition and take proper care of it. i would recommend this car to anyone that KNOWS how to take care of a car better than you do. this is the BEST car i have EVER owned in my life! i will never EVER buy anything but an Mitsubishi again.