My NorthStar Pony (keeping the car until I die)
By topzy on
2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
When I was a junior in high school in 2002 I got this car to impress a girl. I guess it worked since we ended getting engaged (2 years ago we broke up though) Anyways, this car is very reliable. Sure, after owning a car for 9 years it's bound to break down sometimes. Thankfully, my dear car has never left me stranded anywhere. What was wrong wit it? Usually after market things I had installed (like the alarm). She is pretty old and replacement parts have been needed. The things that hold the hatch stopped working, so I got them at a junk yard for like $5. The A/C juuuust broke down on me, lol, i used that thing all the time, even in the winter. Dash had to be replaced, thats all.
Favorite Features
I just love the way the car looks. No car has this look! I was actually thinking about getting rid of her and maybe buying a newer car..but no. Even though I have invested thousands of dollars in body kit, paint job, rim and tires, lowering it, engine work (upgrading it), stereo system, seats, and such I will once again strip my car down, and re-paint it, put a new kit on it, new rims, new leather seats, new interior. By the time I'm finished with it.it will look even better than a new car. I swear, I will keep this car until the day I die. You know those old people that have those old school cars in their garage? That's gonna be me in like..50 years? It will look better than new cars!!!!
Suggested Improvements
Improvements? Hmm, well I've never seen an Eclipse without a cracked dashboard. Maybe it's our fault by not putting one of those shade things on the window when we leave the car to protect it from the sun. Also..the headlights burn out quickly? Bad wiring, but easy fix. The radio that came with it, the cd player stopped working. That's all that has ever been wrong with my car. I mean I have had to replace the radiator 2 times, but it's not expensive and it's not "major" work. It's normal. People here that cry about how their car had to get some sort of work done on it don't understand that things in car wear and tear.