2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
I love my Eclipse
By dking on 08/10/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned a 2002 Eclipse RS for nearly 9 years. For the first 8 this car was perfect. Only scheduled maintenance, not a thing went wrong. In the last 10 months things have started to go. Oil pan rot. Never heard of it and could be due to living in New England. That was expensive. Air conditioner compressor, again expensive. Front struts, VERY expensive! Slave cylinder for the clutch, low cost to repair but was a major inconvenience. Rear gate lifters went the first winter in Maine. car was 5 years old at that time. I just use a stick to hold up the gate. The car has 88,000 on it and just had it's first brake job. Not bad. It's up for sale. Just bought a new Altima but will miss my Eclipse.

Eclipse Owner
By Eclipse owner on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for almost three years, and until now I have had no problems whatsoever. However, recently I found that there was a problem with the ignition switch that is prevalent in all Eclipses. When it goes bad, the clock, radio, and air conditioning will sometimes not work. If I had not purchased my extended warranty, it would have cost $282 to have fixed. Other than this, I have loved my car.

Nice car
By Ambular0832 on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for about 2 years. I have had great experiences with it. It has not broken down, or anything broke on the car, which is different from my neon that I had before.

GREAT CAR BUT COULD BE BETTER!!!
By texanite on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for almost 2 years now and have had no problems with it so far. Overall the car is awesome. Of course this car is like with everything, you could always make improvements.

not what i expected
By moon on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because it looked sporty but not the sports car price. I was disappointed. The 5-speed is fun to drive, but that's about it. After only a couple of weeks the supports on the trunk lid broke and wouldn't hold it up. Then the rear wheel bushings when bad almost imediately. It sounds like this car isn't too realiable. Not to mention it too 3 months to get the warrenty work done.