2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
pretty awesome!
By jay215 on 07/05/12 18:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

good and its really a Reliability car!

I hate this car!
By Andrea on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle three years ago. I have one year left before it is is paid off. I have spent at least $10,000 in repairs. I have had to replace the following: clutch, transmission, busted head gasket, radiator, thermostat, clutch cable,stereo and speakers (not a system, just a standard radio),idle control valve, paint due to crappy factory clear coat and rims. The following remain broken on the vehicle: The clock and display system are busted the dashboard is cracked all over the place, the a/c does not work (it's gone out twice), the trunk opener is broken, the sunroof is broken and the cover is as well. The trunk won't stay open and the passenger seat adjuster is broken.

2002 eclipse gs 5spd
By shelbyli on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i bought the car as my first true car out of high school. wanted it for a commuter car to college and was perfect for it. every time my friend get in the car they are amazed to how comfortable it rides i even had one offer to buy my seats for his car. the stereo is great for stock better than most after market. the 5 speed is sporty and shifts the best out of all the manuals i have driven. although a little low in hp the car is still fun to drive and can still smoke a civic. the gas mileage is decent as long as you don't keep the throttle to the floor. i have had no major problems from this car and it still shines like its brand new, makes friends jealous. 96000 and still strong.

Not so good
By KellyDee on 10/25/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not the best car ever. I only get about 23 mpg doing regular driving of city and highway combined. Stock 10 point rims were bent and found out everyone was having problems with these rims, causing accidents. I replaced them immediately. Paint is peeling from a cheap clear coat. Second gear doesn't always catch. A lot of people have these problems, not just me. Trunk pulls broke. The only good thing is it's fun to drive, and looks good. Handles turns pretty well. And does not suck up much oil at all.

Great car
By christopher on 07/13/09 11:36 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. Bought this car new, had it about 7 1/2 years; car has never had any major repairs, just regular maint. I have never even had a tune up and it has over 150,000 miles. Gets average 25 miles to a gallon; on highway only about 27. It's been a great car.

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
By Reid on 11/11/05 01:11 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I been driving my 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS for nearly a year and a half. It has just resently been wrecked and it held up well though the accident, the air bags saved me a lot of pain. This model holds tight to the road and has great control.

Eclipse GS
By branta335 on 12/09/04 01:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse is tight, reliable, fun, easy to drive, has good fuel economy, a great warranty, and reasonable insurance rates. Its air conditioning runs cool, even here in Phoenix, Arizona. I have found that this car handles well in emergency situations.

AIRBAGS????
By Culebrita on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I hit a guard rail at 65 MPH head on, no airbags came out. I searched and found out that other people had had the same problem, because even tho the car has airbagsm there were no sensors. Won't buy a mitsubishi again.

great car
By vkb1982 on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this car is great, from the sound system to the exterior looks of it it's amazing. The comfort of the seats and riding in the car is awesome.

'02 GS, automanual, sun and sound
By kdavis on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car can't make up its mind if it wants to be sporty or comfortable.