2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
eclipse gt
By luke on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

over all very nice car. Got 40k on it. Drives nice. Very fast and sporty. gets attention. Quiet, and nice to drive. Problems if any so far is the paint. Had to buy some touch up pain. Mitsubishi should use batter pain quality and make the seats more comftable. Over view much better then the 99 cougar and Honda prelude. Traded my 99 prelude had to many problems to list.

UNDER RATED CAR
By Mike Pitts on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is in one word FUN! And in the small engine import field "Honda/Accura." Stock vrs Stock the Eclipse GT will Dust most of this competition. It's a great open Highway cruise car. It only sits at 3000rpm at 80mph. Unlike the Hondas and Acrura's. It has that bigger 6 torque pull. The inside is a tad different, and works. It handles good. In fact it can handle some nice curvy roads prety well. The style of this car is one of it finest points. It looks great. But it defiantly don't look like a bubble car that you see everywhere. And it still looks a tad sleeker than say a Mustang.

Sporty performance, really fun to drive
By dfk on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the money, the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT is it. The style, the 'washboard' ribbed doors make the Eclipse a stand out attraction. Moreover, the 'throaty' engine and and the feel of the acceleration make this car a pleasure to drive. Driving this car down to the Maryland shore and riding the Coastal Highway with the moonroof open, was the turning point that proved to me that this car was indeed, a sporty touring machine.

Overpriced but lots of Fun
By dr_cadmium on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Over all I love this car. The original price of $25,500 is way to high for what you get. Depriciation is redicules. The Stock RSA tires squeal like crazy and are burned up after 22,000 miles. Brakes squelled from day one until I replaced them with power slots and Stillen semi-metalic brakes. Headlights burn out every few months, sun roof sticks and truck is heavy and sticks.

2001 5-spd GT....gotta love it!!!
By Pamela63 on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my Eclipse for just over two years now and wouldn't trade it for anything. It is sporty , dependable AND fun. No problems whatsoever with this car. Test drove about every other sportscar in its comparable price range before deciding on the Eclipse. Nothing else came close. Smooth handling/ride, no shimmy, no shakes.

My GS
By SBH on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The sticker said 22/30 MPG. I get 29 around town and around 35 MPG on long trips. That combined with a 16 gallon tank makes for long legs. This car has a great ride on long trips. Very smooth. You have to gas it a little more from the stoplight when the AC is running but that is to be expected with a 2.4L. However, the power band is rather surprising in 2nd and 3rd in between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM.

Good Car but way overpriced new.
By Intellifox on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I cannot complain about performance the car gets me to where I am going has a great sound system and is definitely fun to drive. The original sticker price was about 26,000 dollars which is way out of the market for what it is worth. If you can get it for around 12,000 dollars your getting a good deal. My particular car was built at the Bloomington Illinois facility. I have learned a hard lesson on this car and about purchasing things overpriced. As far as the car itself goes it is reasonable in costs to repair needs little maintenance and is great to drive on the open road.

2001 eclipse GT
By sp on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car brand new and so far reliability rating is a 10. Brakes sqeal and always have since I bought the car. Constant problems with sunroof getting stuck and not opening when it does its very jittery. Despite taking it in to dealer several times. Fun car to drive, performance and handling are superb. I get continuous compliments on the sporty appearance.

Spoiled Corn
By Cynara on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with my Eclipse has been absolutely wonderful! Its a wonderful car look wise , performance wise, oh my just everything about it is absolutely awsome! I can't go anywhere without getting awsome complements on it.

I love this car!!!
By Jstagirl on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my RS Eclipse about one and a half years and still love it. I was sold on the car from the moment i test drove it. It handles great, looks sharp and gets great mileage. My husband loves it as much as I do. We take turns driving it around town.