2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Trash the Aston Martin, James Bond!
By The Fox on 12/04/05 09:28 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace an aging, 10 year old Ford Probe. My Mitsubishi Eclipse GT has turned out to be a true driver's car and equal to the Ford / Mazda. I've had it for 5+ years and am still learning more about how to unlock the secrets of handling and all out performance.There are fewer places now where you can open her up but, when I do, it performs like a true GT car. I'm 58 and started out driving MG's, this car is vastly superior to what those oxcarts could ever have been had they evolved to the present and embodies what a true GT car should be. I'm still enjoying it, in fact I just bought new mags for it. James Bond wasted her Majesty's money on the Aston, he should have gone with the Eclipse.

HOT ROD TO GO!
By beatles4ever on 05/08/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second red Eclipse. I originally purchased one in 1996,and had no problems. My 2001 GT is even better looking than my first! I am in my 50's, but feel like a teenager all over again in this sporty car. The car still turns people's heads, and everyone assumes it's a high dollar auto! Four years later, and everyone still asks, "Is your car new???"

Best car ever (under 30k)
By Subotai on 04/27/05 11:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my car like no other. It is fast, comfortable, fast, looks awesome and is really fast. I love this car and always will.

Days Geaux By
By Frank1963 on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car to drive, no hassles, no problems thus far.

Owesome interior
By Osman Aviles on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2 and 1/2 years ago I was amazed with the looks of the car outside but it was even better when I saw the interior of the car, it is and unusual dash it is not square looking it was a little round it felt like a spaceship, the only concern about it is after a while you feel that the car has lost its power and you have to constantly do tune ups, specially alignments.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Gt
By joyfully on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven my mitsubishi eclipse for 3 years and the only trouble was with the rims aluminum (soft)occasional flat tire from road irregularities

mitsuubetcha
By Jim Jaques on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love it from new ,want to see the next eclipse to take it's place...

Easy ar to own
By AHG on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 60K miles this car continues to be trouble free. I have replaced rotors myself at 30K and OEM tires after 58K. I have yet to take it to a dealer except for an alloy fuel cover that dealer replaced when it corroded. This car is under rated. I'm 6'2" and I have headroom and legroom. It handles well, runs smooth and still looks new.

My Eclipse
By massivetidalwave on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my car! It's cute, comfortable and reliable. There's nothing I don't love about it!

My lil blue eclipse
By Babygirl3482 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I definately like this car but when I first got it, it had alot of problems such as my spark plugs going every week and needing to get them replaced, the battery went after 18 months along with the brakes and my two front tires. Besides that its pretty reliable, it hasn't broken down on me yet...