2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS
By japanesewerkz on

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 130k as a second owner. If your paint is black, it has been recalled. Luckily mine was well taken care off so I was able to use a clay bar and some ultra compund. The rims are also made by chrysler so they will rust. Other than that, this car is mechanically in great shape. It runs perfect, sounds good and just looks sexy. Mine has 152k and has just needed regualar maintainence. If you keep it up to date, then it will run. Ive seen many of these 4 cylinders hit 250k and still run great. Engine mounts and tranny are common things to replace a bit earlier than usual, other than though it runs and wont leave you with an empty pocket. Fuel econ. is decent though.

Favorite Features

I love this cars shape. Its very sexy and turns many heads, even though its a 10 year car. The interior is quite modern and still fits in with todays cars. The four cylinder isnt the fastest, but still does a very good job. There are also many aftermarket parts out there for this car. Throw on some rims and people will watch you drive away.

Suggested Improvements

They need a better paint job. Its been recalled for the color black. Also the dashboard WILL crack?!? I use armor all to protect it and it still ended up happening to me. The suspension is also soft. Its great on a long ride, but the age demograpic for this car is people in there 20's. I know its not a sports car, but even the the previous model eclipse gst has a better suspension. The Eclipse just in general sits a little to high than it should. Overall I do love this car and tlc it every weekend, but some of those things that we wouldnt expect to become a problem end up being a problem. This car is really great. Just take care of it as any other car and it will run for you and pay you back