2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A great companion

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

RS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A great companion
By Basshed on

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I have really enjoyed the comfort of the car for the long haul, the appreciative comments and glances from passer-by and friends. The performance is perfect for me, it's reassuring - not freaky while still fun. The car also is a tank, I T-boned a vehicle at 40 and walked away. Car was rebuildable. The final note is that the interior needs tightened a bit for world class refinement and a bit more firmness in the front suspension to keep the wheels planted in wet weather... otherwise a great companion.

Favorite Features

The cruise control for it's quick and accurate response to adjustments. It never lugs trying to adjust 3 mph. Awesome for keeping pace with mixed traffic. Fuel Economy - I drive assertively with a full intake upgrade and still average 27 mpg most weeks.

Suggested Improvements

Firmer engine mounts. The stocks are just a tad soft, allowing for wheel hop in rain conditions. Tighter fit 'n' finish on the interior. I tighten down a panel every so often it seems now that the car has accumulated mileage.