Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Still catches my eye
By cjsmith

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great looking, great sounding, pretty fun to drive car. When I brought it home the first day, my brother asked me if it came with a speeding ticket. It just looks like you should be driving it hard. I mostly use it on weekends, but occasionally drive it to work on snowy days. It handles surprisingly well in the snow. My only doubt in buying this car is whether it would hold up over the long run. After almost five years, it's still doing everything that I expect. It's nice to have a car that still catches my eye and makes me glad to own it two years after it was paid for!

V6 + 5-speed rocks, awesome stereo, drives great, looks terrific, hatchback is very versatile

Turning radius is too wide, more seat adjustment in the base, use higher quality materials (no hard plastic), either make a real back seat or make a two-seater, less road noise, fewer squeaks and rattles, telescoping steering wheel, both windows auto down/up, flat trunk floor

I love it
By Julie Reynolds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

It is a very reliable vehicle, also the vehilce is very good driving through the snow.

I love the look of the car, it is so sharp!!!!!

none that I can think of.

Great experience
By Mahaan

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

It's been a fun car *and* reliable & economical to boot. Good-looking and practical! Have not had any repair issues even at 75K miles. It is sporty, yet can be roomy enough in a crunch. Lower the rear backrests, and there's considerable luggage space. Don't like the rear visibility esp. with the rear spoiler.

Adequate zip, looks, and reliability.

The manual shift stick vibrates funny sometimes. Poor rear visibility.

Great Car, but weak
By ipeechmango

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I've loved the car since i've had it, but a couple weeks ago I got into an accident going no more than 35 probably, and it's totaled. Weakly built. And it was a hard impact, the airbags didn't go off.

Interior design esp dashboard, etc

Work on those airbags.

I like it
By caral

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I use my vehicle to haul all sorts of equipment as well as landscape materials. It has a lot of room with the fold down read seats. I only wish the back of seats and floor area in the back were carpet rather than the felt-like material. Very hard to clean. Been very reliable, with no problems whatsoever.

Has great power and fun to drive.