Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

My Precious
By Ben

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the first car I have ever loved to drive. The performance on this car is outstanding, and the gas mileage is great out on the highway. It is heavier than my friends RSX Type S, so it doesn't have the get up and go, but has smooth torque curve from the start. The shifter is placed perfectly, and the engine revs easily. Some design cues are hot, but the ugly plastic gas cover is horrible.

Favorite Features

CD changer and V6 power.

Suggested Improvements

Too much black on the inside with black leather interior. More power and less weight. The radio display takes a little to get used to and is very cheap looking.

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By mtsgt

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great vihicle if maintenace kept up on. I've never had any major problems with this car. Had to have the radio replace twice (could not get a display). Great to drive, reliable and good performance.

Favorite Features

Design of body

Suggested Improvements

Redesign of spark plug placement! Entirely too much work to replace. Poor design quality!

Fun to Drive
By irish girl

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The first week I had this car I was rear ended at a traffic light. I realized that this was a great car as it did not even get a dent. It is built solid as a rock. I currently drive 140 miles a day highway and the car can keep up with the best of them. I am looking to trade it in for a new Spyder. I have no doubt that my 2000 vehicle will give a new owner much pleasure for years to come.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include: the comfortable seats, the moonroof, the exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

The speedometer and clock are difficult to see during times of sun glare.

First Car
By Swimster144

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I love everything about this car -- performance, looks, and reliability. The V6 w/ 5 spd is awesome. The tranny is very smooth. The infinity sound system is sweet! The suspension handles well, although I wish it were a little stiffer. I have aftermarket wheels on it, since the stock wheels were not my favorite, but other than that the exterior design of this car is awesome. The modern look of the interior and dashboard makes it a fun car to be in.

Favorite Features

The engine, 5 spd tranny, infinity sound system, styling, and the sound of the stock exhaust is awesome

Suggested Improvements

relocate the cupholders, telescoping steering wheel, slightly more head room, and better turning radius

Great Car
By Keldot

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I've owned this car for four years now and absolutely love it. It is a heavy car which is great in winter driving conditions as well.

Favorite Features

I don't really have a favorite feature although the moonroof is nice and the car has a great heater for those cold winter months.

Suggested Improvements

The turn radius on the car could be a bit more loose, for a small car this one is pretty tight.