Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Worst Car that I have Ever Owned
By clrcode

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Since buying my 2000 Eclipse it had the transmission re-built at about 30,000 miles, this took three weeks or more. The sunroof has never worked right. When car was under warranty it was in shop about nine times the first two years just for the sunroof. At about 65,000 miles the transmission is giving me trouble again. The car was in the shop dozens of times for different reasons. After complaining to Mitsubishi about the car while under factory warranty I was then told by the dealer if I did not stop complaining about the car they would refuse to work on it. This was said in front of Mitsubishi District Manager. Guess its okay to sell a car to you, but fixing it was another story. I would never recommend any Mitsubishi to anyone.

The only thing I can say about my Mitsubishi Eclipse is that it is a nice looking car and fun to drive.

I feel that the only improvement on the Mitsubishi Eclipse would be that the Mitsubishi Company back the cars they sell. I know that problems will happen with cars, but at least fix and back the product. Do everything to make that customer come back to buy another car. I will never buy another one.

Love at first drive!
By Amy

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

My Eclipse is absolutely the car of my dreams. I wouldn't have another car..especially for my first car. It's been a great gas saver--about 300 miles to the tank which costs 25 dollars to fill up! Ahhh, it really was love at first drive!

EVERYTHING!

My Precious
By Ben

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the first car I have ever loved to drive. The performance on this car is outstanding, and the gas mileage is great out on the highway. It is heavier than my friends RSX Type S, so it doesn't have the get up and go, but has smooth torque curve from the start. The shifter is placed perfectly, and the engine revs easily. Some design cues are hot, but the ugly plastic gas cover is horrible.

CD changer and V6 power.

Too much black on the inside with black leather interior. More power and less weight. The radio display takes a little to get used to and is very cheap looking.

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By mtsgt

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

This is a great vihicle if maintenace kept up on. I've never had any major problems with this car. Had to have the radio replace twice (could not get a display). Great to drive, reliable and good performance.

Design of body

Redesign of spark plug placement! Entirely too much work to replace. Poor design quality!

Fun to Drive
By irish girl

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

The first week I had this car I was
rear ended at a traffic light. I
realized that this was a great car as
it did not even get a dent. It is
built solid as a rock. I currently
drive 140 miles a day highway and the
car can keep up with the best of them.
I am looking to trade it in for a new
Spyder. I have no doubt that my 2000
vehicle will give a new owner much
pleasure for years to come.

My favorite features include: the comfortable seats, the moonroof, the exterior style.

The speedometer and clock are difficult to see during times of sun glare.