Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

I love my car
By NeverSummer420

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

My car has really been good to me. It only has 60,000 on it but it still drives like she was brand new. Granted you always have to do preventive maintenance to keep 'em running well, but it is very reliable and a very sexy car.

Fun to Drive, NOT to Fix
By Eclipsin50

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Eclipse GT used with 43000 miles on it. I didn't have the car a month before I started having major problems. The car has always run hot, even with replacing the thermostats twice, I've replaced the transmission, the sunroof has never worked properly, dashboard cracked when it was cold outside, both power window motors have been replaced,and many smaller things as well. I would NOT recommend an Eclipse to anyone

The car is fun to drive to the repair shop.

2000 Eclipse, High Quality and Fun to Drive!
By Me Me

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I have driven this Eclipse for six years and have never had any major problems. I love it! It is so fun to drive! The SportTronic is great, since there is no clutch to deal with! The Infinity sound system is the BEST! It has such high quality sound! This is a great sports car. I highly recommend it!

The sound system, 6-disc changer in dash, SportTronic transmission, the looks, reliability, and speed!

The only small problem I have had with the stereo is one of the buttons has stopped working.

OK Overall
By Bit

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

When I first drove my 2000 Eclipse GT off the lot I loved it. I loved the power of the torque pushing me back in the seat and the looks of the car. I even like the sound of the exaust note. A couple of years later, I still drive it and like the power. The engine is as reliable as when I drove it off the lot. The rest of the car has had minor wear and tear issues. But, the car has been the best new car I have owned. I have not had major issues. I like the storage space in the back which shrinks away with the newer models. I can fit my whole mountain bike in the back without disassembling it and just go. I do think the car could be lighter and be tighter on cornering.

The engine torque, rear storage, and looks.

Give it sturdier suspension parts and better handling.

Loved This Car
By webmaiden

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car brand new in 8-00. I have never had a minute's trouble except one time when the battery died. Other than that, I kept up with the normal maintenance, including oil changes, filters, tire rotations, tranny flush, timing belt, etc. I absolutely loved this car. I had it until the other day when a car ran a red light and I hit it. The airbags deployed and I walked away without a scratch. The car, however, suffered more damage than it was worth. I was very upset about having to give it up. I'd probably buy another Eclipse, but would definitely upgrade. P.S. I got a great insurance settlement!

I felt it really had nice pick up, especially at higher speeds (65+) it had that little extra umph I needed to pass. I also liked that it always looked stylish, never outdated.

Why black interiors? I live in Florida! Black is hot!