Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By Great Ride

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my silver 00 Eclipse GT in October of 99 off the showroom floor with 7 miles on the odo. I have 73000 miles on the car as of Jan 2008 and have never had any issues, just regular maintainance. It's been the most fun car I've ever owned. It spends the night in the garage so it still looks showroom new. The only minor warranty issues were that the left foot rest pad broke off, dealer replaced for free. Rear speakers lost some power and dealer couldn't figure out why. Original tires lasted 60K miles, and I replaced the rear brakepads early due to uneven wear. I would recommend a mitsubishi to anyone.

The V6 power gives more power than the car weight can handle, just try to keep the tires from spinning. The styling still looks cool after eight years. I love the interior design. Great resale value.

The only thing that they should have done is the fog lights need to come on independently, 2000 model foglights can only be turned on with the headlights. Shifing could also be smoother.

I am still driving it and it has 36,868
By Eclipse driver

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

My car has never given me one bit of trouble. I loved it from the first time I saw it. It is red. I am the only owner and bought it new from the showroom. The only problem I have had was the check engine light that has come on twice since I have had it. It is on now so I hope this is not the beginning of problems. I did find out that if you do not screw the gas cap until it clicks at least 4 times that the check engine light could come on. I think the gas cap is a little loose now, which may be the problem. Had it checked today and said the engine was fine so don't know why the light won't go off. I will investigate but it still drives as good as ever. I just love my car... everything!

Design, smooth driving, radio, gas mileage is even good!!

They need to fix that check engine soon problem. I have had to hand open the sunroof a couple of times. The rubber on the outside of the windows is a tad corroded (probably from age), but those are my only complaints! I have enjoyed my car.

I love my car
By NeverSummer420

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

My car has really been good to me. It only has 60,000 on it but it still drives like she was brand new. Granted you always have to do preventive maintenance to keep 'em running well, but it is very reliable and a very sexy car.

Fun to Drive, NOT to Fix
By Eclipsin50

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 2000 Eclipse GT used with 43000 miles on it. I didn't have the car a month before I started having major problems. The car has always run hot, even with replacing the thermostats twice, I've replaced the transmission, the sunroof has never worked properly, dashboard cracked when it was cold outside, both power window motors have been replaced,and many smaller things as well. I would NOT recommend an Eclipse to anyone

The car is fun to drive to the repair shop.

2000 Eclipse, High Quality and Fun to Drive!
By Me Me

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I have driven this Eclipse for six years and have never had any major problems. I love it! It is so fun to drive! The SportTronic is great, since there is no clutch to deal with! The Infinity sound system is the BEST! It has such high quality sound! This is a great sports car. I highly recommend it!

The sound system, 6-disc changer in dash, SportTronic transmission, the looks, reliability, and speed!

The only small problem I have had with the stereo is one of the buttons has stopped working.